Christmas day runs!! (1 WRX and 1 Sick Evo)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Christmas day runs!! (1 WRX and 1 Sick Evo) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Having cold weather problems I finally just popped in one of Shiv's "off the shelf" maps into my Xede. It ...

Cool Christmas day runs!! (1 WRX and 1 Sick Evo)

Having cold weather problems I finally just popped in one of Shiv's "off the shelf" maps into my Xede. It made 250whp untuned but I figure its making a bit more becuase of some parts changes I made. I still have to tweak it but it runs without knock.

So I run to the ATM and pull out of the parking lot and see on the opposite side of the light a blue bugeye with tint. I turn at the light and he turns also following me down the road. With a car or two on the road I test the waters and open it up. I see him 1/2 mile back and he is giving chase. With 1/2 mile to go before an wide open flat road, he gets behind me. I put on my turn signal and he follows me onto the 3 lane road with stoplights 2-3 miles a part. I give it some gas and I see him behind me a bit back. So I slow down becuase I want to give him a thumbs up and wish him a merry one! Well he gets along side me around 40mhp and looks over at me. I smile and as I was about to give me a thumbs up when he gives me this "thug look" like I'm some stock slob and opens his car up. I looked at him as he gave me that look and mashed the throttle putting just enough distance on me to see his pipes. I looked at it and said "Stock sound, stock exhaust". I said ok, I just mashed the pedal and shot past him and put buses on him. I slowed down only to see him turn off at an exit. Guess he didn't want anymore.

This one really spun my head.....

Ran down the road to get gas and turned around so I hit a light. On the opposite side of traffic, I see this white Evo. Right away I'm like , so I hook a u-turn and hope he gives chase. Yup he sure does and we hit a light without anyone in front of us. He looks at me and I give him a thumbs and he smiles and nods his heads. I point to the light and give him a rev. He looks me at me gives that "sounds good" look. I bring the revs up to 4000 and at the light I let it out. My revs shoot up to 6000 and stay there so I'm thinking the damn clutch. So I shift into 2nd and I'm at 5500 and moving slowly so now I know I'm in trouble. Shift into 3rd only to see that Evo pull by me so I catch up with him at a light. This is what really spun my head. I roll down my window and he says " What do you have done that thing? You spun your tires for a good 2 gears?" Wow and I thought it was the clutch but I ended up breaking the stock tires loose burned them going into 3rd gear.

We pulled over and spoke for a bit and found out he was a local guy from the area. Real cool guy, told me him and his buddies saw me around in the area and his buddy has an STI. Told him what I had done and he told me what he had done. Talk about sick....it was quite worked and was putting over 315+ whp on a light tune (ie engine work). We did go from a roll and I got destroyed. Those Mitsubishi 16g can really breathe hard up top. I think I need to get one !

So for Christmas day, I had 1 bad kill and 1 good death!
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kills.... LISC represent!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Techie nice death You better be there tomorrow
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Nice kill and death. We still gotta run one day.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Question We'll hookup for a run so.....

We'll I'll let you in on a little secret. Since I will currently be on the market to locate a house since the interest rates on the rise, I MAY be in the market for a weekend car to place in my garage sometime early in 2006. The scenario can be like this.....

1. Tweak my car just a bit more to hit that 280-300 whp mark and call it quits. (possible)

2. Start socking away every dollar I make from my little side company I own and purchase a Skyline. (Still speculation and depends on cash flow generated from my wholesle business). Avg price for a legalized Skyline is between 35-45k.

Still thinking about, the next few months will tell depending on how my website goes.

More to come!
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

nice kill and death

oh yeah i was behind your car today at the LISC meet when you got on it...sure sounds loud!!
    Last edited by Trailboss; 12-26-2004 at 10:13 PM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

great runs! I love how the unsuspecting stock muffler guys blow doors off other people. What kind of setup are you running to smoke the fronts like that?
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Matt: get a Skyline!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    great runs! I love how the unsuspecting stock muffler guys blow doors off other people. What kind of setup are you running to smoke the fronts like that?
    hes running stage4 with a vf30
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by Techie
    Talk about sick....it was quite worked and was putting over 315+ whp on a light tune (ie engine work). We did go from a roll and I got destroyed. Those Mitsubishi 16g can really breathe hard up top. I think I need to get one !
    315+awhp can be seen pretty easily on EVO's. Just TBE, intake system, mbc and engine management is all you need. Throw in cams and larger injectors and 350+awhp can easily be seen.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.