STi v R32 from a roll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi v R32 from a roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming out of Walmart this morning, I passed a guy getting into a nice shiny black R32. I beeped and ...

I Support ClubWRX

STi v R32 from a roll

Coming out of Walmart this morning, I passed a guy getting into a nice shiny black R32. I beeped and gave him a thumbs up then headed out towards the exit. I was turning right, and since it is the day before xmas, traffic was pretty heavy coming out. I spotted him turning right, the same direction I was, about 2 cars back. This walmart dumps out to a 4 lane divded hwy with no stop lights in the direction we were headed. I pulled out but traffic kept him planted until I was out of sight.

I kept my speed down around 50 MPH in 4th and just waited. I'd heard a lot about these cars, so my heart started to acclerate in anticipation, 'cause I knew he was coming my way. And for once, the traffic gods were smiling as there wasn't a car in site!!!

I saw his lights come around a long curve, and know he spotted me because the jerked up suddenly as he acclerated. I just waited.

Sure enough, he comes ripping up in my lane (right lane) and then signals to move over to the left. I waited until he was about a car length behind, then nailed it. I guess he wasn't ready, 'cause I put about 10 cars on him immediately, before even getting to 5th gear. So, to make it more even, I slowed down to about 50 again, and then signaled for him to pull up. He pulls up even with me and I signaled with a "3" for three beeps. He nodded, and I beeped 3 times and took off.

Ok..they seem to be quick, but frankly I was dissapointed. By the time I got to the middle of 5th, there were at least 3 bus lengths between us. Maybe he wasn't trying? I dunno, but it was a bit of a let down. Sure is pretty car though!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

stock r32's trap somewhere around 95-97 (from what I've read), so it shouldn't be much of a problem for an sti.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Coming out of Walmart this morning, I passed a guy getting into a nice shiny black R32. I beeped and gave him a thumbs up then headed out towards the exit. I was turning right, and since it is the day before xmas, traffic was pretty heavy coming out. I spotted him turning right, the same direction I was, about 2 cars back. This walmart dumps out to a 4 lane divded hwy with no stop lights in the direction we were headed. I pulled out but traffic kept him planted until I was out of sight.

I kept my speed down around 50 MPH in 4th and just waited. I'd heard a lot about these cars, so my heart started to acclerate in anticipation, 'cause I knew he was coming my way. And for once, the traffic gods were smiling as there wasn't a car in site!!!

I saw his lights come around a long curve, and know he spotted me because the jerked up suddenly as he acclerated. I just waited.

Sure enough, he comes ripping up in my lane (right lane) and then signals to move over to the left. I waited until he was about a car length behind, then nailed it. I guess he wasn't ready, 'cause I put about 10 cars on him immediately, before even getting to 5th gear. So, to make it more even, I slowed down to about 50 again, and then signaled for him to pull up. He pulls up even with me and I signaled with a "3" for three beeps. He nodded, and I beeped 3 times and took off.

Ok..they seem to be quick, but frankly I was dissapointed. By the time I got to the middle of 5th, there were at least 3 bus lengths between us. Maybe he wasn't trying? I dunno, but it was a bit of a let down. Sure is pretty car though!!!
    good kill, no surprise IMO the R32's aren't what they are cracked up to be for the price.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

nice kill...i've seen several blue ones around, and those are some nice looking cars, but like you guys say for the money the performance just isn't there.
    what?

STI's should never have a problem WAXING the R32, as you did. That's expected

They are said to be close with Cobb Stage 2 WRX.

R32 runs well but not par with the STI (only in price )

cobb stage 1 shouldn't have a problem hanging with a r32 from a roll. That car is a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by HBPUNK
    STI's should never have a problem WAXING the R32, as you did. That's expected

They are said to be close with Cobb Stage 2 WRX.

R32 runs well but not par with the STI (only in price )

dont say that..cobb is bad but not that bad..cobb stage 2 wrx would rape a r32 harder than r kelly would fawk a 14 year old......cobb stage 2 or any stage 2 wrx is more comparable to a sti..or just a bit slower..guy b4 this was right...cobb stage 1 would keep up off a roll....i know r32 have some ''free/ghetto mods'' that they gain some power..i think it had something to do with exhaust but not sure
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

My freinds R32 dynoed at 231whp. With intake, chip, And exaust upgrade.
    Sti will kill them every time
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

look out for the hpa version though

gota love the sti =)

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    cobb stage 2 wrx would rape a r32 harder than r kelly would fawk a 14 year old......
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

I need to see one of those cars in person. I saw a pic of an interior, and was floored at how nice the seats looked.

driven it. beautiful car inside. the leather seats are just great, and the shifter/throttle response/handling is great. but its nowhere as fast as my cobb stg2 wrx. its got a lot of low end torque, but it all ends up top.

-burrito

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    dont say that..cobb is bad but not that bad..cobb stage 2 wrx would rape a r32 harder than r kelly would fawk a 14 year old......
    dunno if its just me... but the rkelly pokes are umm.... old news....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

stock for stock, the sti will easily pull on an r32. 3 bus lengths, not really. Thats a pretty big exaggeration, but it will surely pull. 3 bus lengths might be true if the r32 driver SUCKS and the sti is modded pretty nicely. The r32 runs stock 97-99mph... the sti runs 99-102... and the wrx around 93-96mph. The r32 should have no problem dusting a stock wrx from a stop and from a roll. The cobb stage 2 at best runs mid 13's at 101-102mph traps for $1500. The r32 stock at VERY best will run a 13.8 @ 99mph (with the free exhaust mod, which people do it for the noise, and not really for the increase in power, which is only about 5hp/10lbs tq). With about $500 of modifications chip/intake, the r32 will run at best a 13.4 @ 102mph. The r32 is kinda big, we all know that. A guy actually took out the back seats and ran the car with the chip/intake mods and hit a 13.2 @ 103mph. If the car was about 150-200lbs lighter, it would seriously put down even better numbers.

i don't understand why the r32 has bad top end. Thats a pretty bold statement coming from a wrx driver. i understand that the cobb stage 2 hits 101mph traps, which is awesome, but after that, i still believe even a stock r32 will eventually start to pull (till it hits governor at 128mph). I have ran a stock(or maybe just SLIGHTLY modded... i saw gauges, dont know for what reasons) evo with my chipped/intaked r32 and from 40mph to 155mph and i pulled a good 2 car lengths. yes, i know 155 is very intense, but it was at like 3am, straightaway expressway... seriously, me and him were the only two on the expressway, or so it seemed.

i may be wrong, and the other wrx's stock and modded drivers sucked or something, but if anyone is in gurnee/chicago area, i would like to run to see if what i say is truthful or if my car 'sucks'.

cant do it until after jan 15th, i am in greece currently and wont return till then.

Merry christmas guys.

Peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast