How much Hp at the wheels does a STi need to take a C5?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on How much Hp at the wheels does a STi need to take a C5? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Frol a roll ofcourse. I dynid 280 at the wheels with 18.5 psi of boost. Mods are ecutek , exhaust ...

Banned

How much Hp at the wheels does a STi need to take a C5?

Frol a roll ofcourse. I dynid 280 at the wheels with 18.5 psi of boost. Mods are ecutek , exhaust and downpipe both 3". I rapped a e46 M3 with a exhaust the other day on the highway and he told me he was surprised becuase he has beaten many C5 's at those exact highway speeds. I know off the line.. even stock I would take a vette but I wanted to know if I can take one now? I know they are tourqey and all. I know that e46M3's and Vettes are a really close race..
    what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think C5's put down around 290 stock. The big thing to watch out for is the torque. It seems like there is no end to their power. With that said, I think it would be close, with the vette winning by a little. But as to how much power to win?.....thats a tough question. I can't even venture to guess
    Last edited by bluerex47; 12-27-2004 at 03:43 PM.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Banned

hmmm

so I have 280 at the wheels minus the 20-25 % drive train loss we weight about the same.. I have a turbo tho and boost.. He has 290 at the wheels.. ya I think it will be close but I still think I may be able to pull on him.. I also forot to menion as I have 280 hp at the wheels I have 303 lb of tourqe on my dyno sheet.

J-H
    I would guess that you are "somewhat" safe....303awtq is not too shaby (sp?). I think one more thing to consider is gearing.....The 6 speed is aggresively geared for quick bursts to lower triple digit speeds....Maybe keep it short...I am not sure what speeds you got up to while racing the C5, but the higher the speeds the harder they pull....
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

It would probably be close, but I am still going to say the corvette will have the edge. A well driven C5 will trap anywhere from 108-110mph. With you mods you are probably right around the 107-108mph range. Its more or less a drivers race I would say if you stay under 120mph, but the edge will still go to the C5. anything over 120mph will not be too good for you.

On the upside, you will kill him from a dig
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I think it will be close until you reach speeds over 100mph. The vette will start to pull. I am around 280 also. I raced a C5 from a roll. after fourth gear he started to walk. Really slow though.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I'm running a stage 2 setup(full exhaust, intake, mbc, utec). I can run with a C5 from a roll. I've actually beaten a few of them. I haven't run one at higher speeds 120+mph. But at lower speeds I have no trouble keeping up with one from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    I'm running a stage 2 setup(full exhaust, intake, mbc, utec). I can run with a C5 from a roll. I've actually beaten a few of them. I haven't run one at higher speeds 120+mph. But at lower speeds I have no trouble keeping up with one from a roll.
    yeah, your sig says you trapped at 108mph so its not hard to believe. Most stock 6MT C5's will trap at anywhere from 107-110.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Banned

Ok.

I need headers next ! Than I'll be fine.. LOL
    Thanks guys..

my friend with e46 m3 also says he takes vettes on the highway..weird...but best part is u rapped a e46 m3 on the highway.....just race the c5 and see what happens..btw guys how much of a difference would auto or manual c5 make off a roll??
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Banned
    #1- All M3 drivers think they are the ****.. and ya I would like to know if a automtaic Vette would make a huge diff?

if from a dig and a crappy driver you = teh win.

Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    .. and ya I would like to know if a automtaic Vette would make a huge diff?
    Generally speaking, F-bodies and Vettes will typically trap 3-5 mph faster in the 1/4 mile with a six speed car, compared to an equivalently modded automatic. The ET's, will typically be within a tenth, however (high stall torque converters obviously helping the automatics tremendously). Some Vettes and F-bodies with automatics have rearends that are geared for better fuel economy, and will be even slower from a roll.

So in summary, six speed GM cars will be more of a challenge at speeds above 50 mph compared to their automatic counterparts.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

thank you sir
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Personally, I think that as long as the Vette owner can drive, anything over an 1/8 mile and you will start to see his taillights... My advise is to rev up to about 6000 rpms or so and launch HARD. That's the only way I've seen a 300 WHP WRX hang with a C5.

Watch out for those C6's though, I hear they are dangerous...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast