03' Mustang Cobra SVT vs. My WRX - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 03' Mustang Cobra SVT vs. My WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dont think I can run my mouth and say I can spank a modded WRX. I *think* I can. I ...

Dont think I can run my mouth and say I can spank a modded WRX. I *think* I can. I said the same thing to my buddy in his modded Viper.

Ya neva know....

Yea I am SERIOUSLY considering a custom chip tune on the dyno when I add a pulley. Increase boost form 8 to 12. Based on my current 420 (413.7 SAE) at the wheels. I think a pulley and custom tune should bump me to around 470-490 at the wheels. I hear the Torque goes to 520 or more.

Not bad for $2K in mods huh?

I am hoping to meet with ALL8UP. He's supposedly lives right in my neighborhood and is at stage4 (WRX).

Perhaps that will be a good barometer of what the WRX is capable of?

Like I said before, I think it would be great if he spanked a BLOWN V8 with a 4 banger. WOW!

IF he can, in fact, beat my Cobra, he's got an 11 second car.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Most the Stock 03 Cobras that I've seen are running low 13s. Thats it. I'm sure with a good driver and track conditions 12s are a sure thing but like I said the ones I've seen are running 13s.

Second point. Phil $24,000 WRX with $3700 in mods ran 12.4 @ 108mph. (without nos) He runs 11s with nos.Thats under 28k for a awd car that will definately beat a Stock 03 Cobra. On the street it would be a slaughter. He running like 3.7 sec 0-60mph.

I can't wait for my first chance to race an O3 Cobra. If its on the street from a dead stop he's all mine. I sure I can stay out front until at least 100mph or so. Thats good enough for me. If I can beat z06 vettes on the street, I' m sure I can beat an 03 Cobra.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.