EVO vs Impala SS

This is a discussion on EVO vs Impala SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So today I'm tooling around testing out the new Passport 8500 X50 with Blue LED this thing is gorgeous!!! And ...

EVO vs Impala SS

So today I'm tooling around testing out the new Passport 8500 X50 with Blue LED this thing is gorgeous!!! And low and behold a big body style Impala SS flies up past me with his dual chrome exhaust pieces and a licence plate that reads Big Trey so I'm like oh great. So Big Trey gets next to me at a light and goes is the rice box fast and i'm like naa its alright I guess, nothing compared to that SS you got there. I tell him I'll try to keep up though, so light turns green I ease it off while he makes all sorts of noise and goes slow while doing, and I just pile on the car lenghts. I would say a good 9+ in a span of about a mile. Couple of lights ahead he gets beside me and it was hillarious I quote " a little bit fast that's beepin fast, man that's beepin fast. I thought you said it was a little fast man that's beepin fast". I just laugh give him a thumbs up and head on my way back to the hizouse With a fresh DYNO of 338WHP yeah she's pretty quick

Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    So today I'm tooling around testing out the new Passport 8500 X50 with Blue LED this thing is gorgeous!!! And low and behold a big body style Impala SS flies up past me with his dual chrome exhaust pieces and a licence plate that reads Big Trey so I'm like oh great. So Big Trey gets next to me at a light and goes is the rice box fast and i'm like naa its alright I guess, nothing compared to that SS you got there. I tell him I'll try to keep up though, so light turns green I ease it off while he makes all sorts of noise and goes slow while doing, and I just pile on the car lenghts. I would say a good 9+ in a span of about a mile. Couple of lights ahead he gets beside me and it was hillarious I quote " a little bit fast that's beepin fast, man that's beepin fast. I thought you said it was a little fast man that's beepin fast". I just laugh give him a thumbs up and head on my way back to the hizouse With a fresh DYNO of 338WHP yeah she's pretty quick

Staton
    nice kill agaisnt a sweet ride...i'm looking at the x50 blue...you say its pretty nice huh...trying to get one for christmas actually. are you stationed at dover afb?
    what?

Yeah, i'm here on base at good ole sleepy we only have 2 main roads Dover The X50 is beautiful, and the detection which is the most important is gawdly I drove around trying to get some Ka action but all the cops already had someone pulled over. Hopefully we get some more good weather tommorow so the cops will be out and I can play a little bit with the new toy! But it gets the best reviews ever along with the Bel X65 ( which I just sold) only this one is alot better at keeping quiet.

Staton
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Your'e lucky you didn't run into me! My '96 Impala has 450 rwhp and 500lb/ft of torque. Of course I have to haul around 4300 lbs, but you definitely wouldn't have pulled 9 car lengths.
    2004 WR Blue STi
    Wingectomy
    18" Gram Lights 57F
    Injen CAI
    Prodrive STI springs
    APS 3" TBE
    Ecutek
    306 whp/ 318 lb/ft torque

that would be one heck of a drive for him since all he was doing was just checking out his new x50. don't think he was planning on going towards LA just to do that.
    what?

J-H
    Oh man, that is a sweet kill......Although I don't have 338awhp I have had my share of annihilations....I am freaking jealous of your ride
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Should of got a V1.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

haha, you should try a X50 V-1 is ancient technology and even if you have version 8.1 you still just get a 75% chance of getting POP correctly. Not to mention Ka band is pathetic on those compared to the X50 and X65...The arrows are cool, but having the best detection for the money is what I'm all about.

Autoweek magazine November 2004 reviewed the new 1.8 version of the Valentine 1 radar detector and referred to it as the "Chicken Little" of radar detectors because of all its false alarms and commented that the average user would end up tuning out all alerts.
    And all my numbers are backed up with real world tests AT
    www.radarbusters.com
    www.speedzones.com
    Last edited by xaton; 12-23-2004 at 04:55 AM.
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Oh man, that is a sweet kill......Although I don't have 338awhp I have had my share of annihilations....I am freaking jealous of your ride
    +1. great kill.

heh.... Big Trey just got a lot smaller in your rear view mirror
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

haha, you should try a X50 V-1 is ancient technology and even if you have version 8.1 you still just get a 75% chance of getting POP correctly. Not to mention Ka band is pathetic on those compared to the X50 and X65...The arrows are cool, but having the best detection for the money is what I'm all about.

The V1 is up to date with technology. Pop detection has been available from V1 since July of 2004, and upgrades are going to be available Jan 2005. V1 detected POP on both K and KA bands. The 8500x50 and RX65 only detect POP on the Ka band, not the K.

All your sources compare the older V1 to the 8500x50 and RX65; 1 month before the updated V1 came out. Add this source to your research. http://www.valentine1.com
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

many its def great to shut people up who dont know about our cars
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    many its def great to shut people up who dont know about our cars
    i think he drives a evo

With a fresh DYNO of 338WHP yeah she's pretty quick
    whats your mods list look like.... 338 is a nice #.... haven't had mines dynoed yet but i will soon.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)