WRX vs. new Lincoln Continental

This is a discussion on WRX vs. new Lincoln Continental within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've had my wrx for 3 weeks now and this was my first challenge. I'm driving with two of my ...

WRX vs. new Lincoln Continental

I've had my wrx for 3 weeks now and this was my first challenge.
    I'm driving with two of my friends to go watch an Angels game(who ended up shutting out the Orioles 9-0). Just for the record, we each weigh about 200lbs. As we make our way to the freeway a black Lincoln Continental with paper plates comes along side of me and starts chirping his wheels. As I change lanes into the outside lane of a double left turn lane, he comes to an almost complete stop in his lane, so that he can get behind me, and then eventually ends up in the inside turn lane.
    At this point, there are two cars infront of us as we are stopped at a red light. When the light turns green, this guy leaves a little gap between him and the car in front of him and then steps on it while we turn left. I'm thinking to myself, what a meathead. There was nowhere to go and I wasn't about to look as stupid as he was racing 10 ft. to the car infront of me.
    Now we have completed our left turns and the street opens up to four lanes, (nice and wide). He races around the car ahead of him, but I'm still boxed in as we come upon a red light. Just my luck, the car ahead of me switches lanes and it is now the two of waiting at a long red light.
    I looked at him and couldn't help to smile since he at least acknowledged that my car was worth challenging. Well, as we all know the WRX has a tendency to bog down if you don't rev well before launch so I was a little nervous.
    I rev to 3K as we both watch the cross traffic light turn yellow. The green light flashes and he spins his wheels. I let off the accelerator just enough to screw my launch. I start to move an he has a car length on me. Not to worry though, I catch up by the end of 1st gear, pass him in second for a car length lead and hold my lead in third. At this point I have to slow down and get over so I can get on the freeway. Before I let up its apparent that he was beat but what must they all do. You guessed it, the flyby.
    Silver '03
    MRT turbo back exhaust
    Injen CAI and thats it for now.
    P.S. the V8 Continental had 275 h.p. Good times

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah and they are FWD. I dont understand how those things can get any traction at all. My friend has a Sable (which is the same platform) with the 3.0 (200hp) motor in it and if you hit it too hard the tires jsut spin, especially in the rain. Maybe the gearing is different in the Conti.