my wrx vs. audi tt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on my wrx vs. audi tt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, so I just got my car set up with up/dp and running cobb stage 2 for the first time ...

my wrx vs. audi tt

Ok, so I just got my car set up with up/dp and running cobb stage 2 for the first time today. I had my mom and sis in the car with me and was just playing around with the biggest f**kin grin on my face. I pulled up to a light, and this Audi TT was next to me. It was only the 225 horsepower version so yeah but anyways. The first time we both pulled away from the light without any launch (I didn't realize he wanted to go) and I just floored it for fun, and he followed. I had about 1 1/2 - 2 car lengths by 40. We got another red light and did it again. Again, no launch, but he did. I just walked all over him. My sister looked over and says "hes trying to beat you". I smiled and said "yeah....I know". My mom was about ready to shoot me. It was a good family experience
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've had the same results against the 225hp TT as well it's not very fast.

if i did that with my mom in the car she would have shot me right afterwards i have to get myself into stg2 dammit! what up/dp did you get?
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

yea TT's arent fast at all. very heavy. unless its a 3.2, then thats a different story, but WRX should still win.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy
    if i did that with my mom in the car she would have shot me right afterwards i have to get myself into stg2 dammit! what up/dp did you get?
    both up/dp are cobb pieces. The pricetag was high, but you can't beat the quality.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the 3.2 Liter version, that would have been cool. I'm surprised though, I always thought those bugers were fast.
    - chris

yea those TT's aren't that fast but umm..next time leave you mom and your sister out of it.

A buddy of mine lost his girlfriend because he was street racing with her in the car.
    Mine's a Stock-a-roo

Quote Originally Posted by soggynoodles
    yea those TT's aren't that fast but umm..next time leave you mom and your sister out of it.

A buddy of mine lost his girlfriend because he was street racing with her in the car.
    I DON'T endorse street racing at all. I have taken many high performance driving schools and countless autocrosses. I know what I'm doin in my car. Read it again, I wasn't even aware he was trying anything untill after it had already been done. Hell, I didn't even come close to the speed limit, well under in fact.

I am not that stupid to put anyone else in danger. I've had several chances to run an SRT-4 around here, and I've let it go cause he wants to go way too fast. Its stupid. And you can't tell me you've never gone WOT up to 40 mph.

I'm too smart to street race.
    Last edited by bluerex47; 12-23-2004 at 06:13 PM.
    - chris

I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill Last time I took my Mom for a ride she egged me into dusting a 5.0 Mustang GT. She's a horrible influence

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Good kill Last time I took my Mom for a ride she egged me into dusting a 5.0 Mustang GT. She's a horrible influence
    She only picked that car cuase she knew you could easily beat it, upping your ego to very high levels.
    - chris

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    She only picked that car cuase she knew you could easily beat it, upping your ego to very high levels.
    Works for me

My brothers got a TT (convertible) and its definently a nice car, but no match performance-wise for wrx, especially a stage 2 rex (the 225hp version anyways). He lives in another state so we've never run. He was out here in november and drove my car and seems to think his car was as fast, I just dont say too much I put down to the wheels what he puts to the crank, no contest there. hehe Plus those convertibles are HEAVY. I will say the 6 speeds on those things are smooth as silk. I hate wrx trannies The turbo sounds nice on those cars too

nice kill... the tts remind me of a squashed bug w/ awd
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Good job bluerex47! Don't you hate it when people start hatin on you if they find out that you ever drove with any slight vigor with others in the car? I mean damn man! Not all of us are stupid 17 year old rich brats driving parent-bought srt4's 120 mph on demand. I know exactly what kind of run you had and there is nothing wrong with that ( especially if you barely broke the speed limit).
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Good job bluerex47! Don't you hate it when people start hatin on you if they find out that you ever drove with any slight vigor with others in the car? I mean damn man! Not all of us are stupid 17 year old rich brats driving parent-bought srt4's 120 mph on demand. I know exactly what kind of run you had and there is nothing wrong with that ( especially if you barely broke the speed limit).
    Heh, it definitely caught me off gaurd. But I won't start any wars over it. And my family is a performance driven family. My mom, in fact, LOVES to drive my car. I taught my sis to drive stick on my car too. My dad makes fun of it and talks it down. (He's just envious a turbo4 almost beats his vette )
    - chris

Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    Heh, it definitely caught me off gaurd. But I won't start any wars over it. And my family is a performance driven family. My mom, in fact, LOVES to drive my car. I taught my sis to drive stick on my car too. My dad makes fun of it and talks it down. (He's just envious a turbo4 almost beats his vette )
    Yo, my fam is the same man! As you know I did that transplant (kidney) and have not been able to drive it for 3 weeks, and my wife won't give my car up! She is addicted to the powah! My dad thinks it's probably the fastest car he's ever been in, and my 15 year old brother wants me to teach him stick in it! Oh no my brother, you got to get yo own! I'll teach him in my wifes 99 SI (torqueless girly car hehehe). WRX's are a man's car! OK and a man's wife's car
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast