STi vs TT Supra
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs TT Supra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; last night i was taking my cousin home when we saw a white newer style supra at a stop light. ...

STi vs TT Supra

last night i was taking my cousin home when we saw a white newer style supra at a stop light. I turn around since i never run into supras and I want to see what the STi will do. after i turn around and catch him, I pace him a few times, but he doesnt bite. Finally we both turn left and he catches up to me and we are going about 30-35 mph. we both nail it and i jump a car length instantly. We shut down around 95 and I had around 3 car lengths on him. I dont know his mods, all i saw was an exhaust. anyways i was happy that I beat him from a roll, since i thought i would get beat if it wasnt from a stop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Drew303
    last night i was taking my cousin home when we saw a white newer style supra at a stop light. I turn around since i never run into supras and I want to see what the STi will do. after i turn around and catch him, I pace him a few times, but he doesnt bite. Finally we both turn left and he catches up to me and we are going about 30-35 mph. we both nail it and i jump a car length instantly. We shut down around 95 and I had around 3 car lengths on him. I dont know his mods, all i saw was an exhaust. anyways i was happy that I beat him from a roll, since i thought i would get beat if it wasnt from a stop.
    Good kill!... do you have any mods on your STi?? cuz i thought TT Supras were monsters from a roll?
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Perhaps it was not a Turbo, if you are stock and you put 3 cars on a Supra its probably an NA. A stock turbo supra will probably trap around the same as a stock STI if not a little higher so from a roll it would have been a very close race. And if it was a turbo and had exhaust it would have probably been BPU which means its gonna blow your doors off.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

if it wasnt i turbo i would have smoked the hell out of it. It might have been less than 3 car lengths i wasnt really counting.

I dont know...... I am not going to say it was an N/A supra because you would have destroyed it a lot more. but logically you shouldn't pull on the turbo supra though. A well driven STi will trap right around 105mph where as a well driven supra will trap between 105-107mph. So trap speed is real close, but supra has the definate edge here. Not to mention, not to many people ONLY put a catback on a Supra... Its nearly unheard of actually. If he had a catback he was probably BPU ATLEAST, which would mean he would be trapping near 108-109mph.

Considering your only mod is a catback I am going to go ahead and assume that he was not really racing. And with this car, the "maybe it was auto" argument does not apply. The auto's still 13.5-13.7 and trap at 105mph. Either he was in a bad gear and just gave up real quick or was not really giving it his all.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

you never know, maybe it was just a catback, he had a kind of ricey wing on there. I heard a turbo so i dont think it was N/A, but I agree I was expecting to get beat from a roll pretty bad. The more i think about it, it probably wasnt 3 cars, but like I said I wasnt really paying attention to that. I got the jump first because I hit it first, we didnt honk or anything. maybe it WAS an auto?

Nice Kill!! I was under the impression that those supras are nuts from roll races, but gotta hand to it to you. I'm gonna hunt them tt supras now...j/k

maybe it WAS an auto?

thats what I was saying in my above post though.... Even the auto runs mid 13's and traps at 105mph which is right where you would be trapping...also, like I said, almost no one only puts a catback on a supra. Its like ordering pizza without any cheese
    Just call me Clark Kent

i believe auto tt supras are faster than manual ones. i know in most cases manual cars are faster, but not with the tt subra. Someone correct me if i am wrong
    04 WRX STI w/mods

most of the supras i see at the dragstrip here (5800 ft) are running high 13's-low 14's. My STi runs mid 13's up here.

most of the supras i see at the dragstrip here (5800 ft) are running high 13's-low 14's. My STi runs mid 13's up here.
    sounds about right. Here at sea level most well driven supras pull off 13.4's and most well driven STi's pull off 13.1's.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXSTI
    i believe auto tt supras are faster than manual ones. i know in most cases manual cars are faster, but not with the tt subra. Someone correct me if i am wrong
    As far as modding the supra, the auto is def. the way to go. But as for stock, the 6speed still tends to stay a step ahead of the auto.... most 6speeds car be found in the area of 13.3-13.6 where as most auto are around 13.5-13.8
    Its the same with camaro's, Mustangs, vettes, 300zx and most other high powered cars also. the manual trans is a few ticks ahead, but once you start modding the auto becomes the faster and often 'better" transmission.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Good kill man . I know sometimes it's hard to tell how much you beat a person by. I always count my car as a car length and then each space afterwards a car length so if a car I beat was a car length from my rear bumper I say I beat them by 2 cars cause well it's true haha. But non the less you know you beat him by a decent margin, congrats.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

nice kill.....my friend has a tt supra and starting at 30-35mph while his in 2nd and your in 2nd is a great place for you...and i think you can do what you did especially since its up to 95..i've been in my friends car plenty of times when he redlines 1st and 2nd and almost 3rd..but i think my car (basically stage 2wrx) pulls as hard 1st and 2nd(i've never raced him)...but i've also been in his car on the freeway...and well...that things pulls real hard after 90mph...sounds awesome too
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WRXSTI
    Yes they are faster because they don't lose boost while shifting.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I got the jump first because I hit it first, we didnt honk or anything.
    There's you answer right there. Two equal cars with basically the same trap speeds - one gets the jump. The rest is history. You can't make up lost momentum with no power advantage. Its pretty obvious...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast