STi vs TT Supra - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on STi vs TT Supra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dumb question here: Why some of you guys keep referring to the quarter mile times and trap speeds for each ...

Dumb question here:

Why some of you guys keep referring to the quarter mile times and trap speeds for each car (from a dig) when Drew raced his STi from a roll? Is the quarter mile a determining factor when talking about racing from a roll?

I've heard of Supras being 'monsters' when it comes to racing from a roll but anything is possible in the world of street racing, so it would have been close, if anything. My guess is the guy probably didn't know how to race from a roll.
    Gian - '06 Aspen White STi
    My site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by onoitsaWRX
    Dumb question here:

Why some of you guys keep referring to the quarter mile times and trap speeds for each car (from a dig) when Drew raced his STi from a roll? Is the quarter mile a determining factor when talking about racing from a roll?

I've heard of Supras being 'monsters' when it comes to racing from a roll but anything is possible in the world of street racing, so it would have been close, if anything. My guess is the guy probably didn't know how to race from a roll.
    Quarter mile times are fairly irrelevant when racing from a roll. Trap speeds, however, are very relevant IMO.

Look at my post above yours. Two cars with equal trap speeds, and one car gets the pop - its obvious who's going to win. You can't make up that kind of momentum.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Thanks Smokey!
    Gian - '06 Aspen White STi
    My site.

Quote Originally Posted by onoitsaWRX
    Dumb question here:

1/4 mile TIMES wont tell much of what will happen in a rolling race, (take the typeR vs WRX for example) but 1/4 mile SPEEDS will tell a lot. Trap speed is a great indicator of how a car will perform on the topend.. ofcourse there are other factors such as gear ratios and such, but without getting into too much depth, the trap speed is a great indicator. Just for example, wrx vs type R in 1/4mile both well driven. type R will run 14.8 and wrx will run 14.2 WRX WINS RACE. but then look at trap speeds... notice how they both trap almost exactly the samewith the TypeR maye 1mph higher than the rex, even though the wrx won by half a seconds and several car lengths... do you think its just a coincidence that they also happen to run right next to each other on the highway with the typeR getting the advantage and winning once speeds near 90+mph
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Good kill, I believe you. I'm too lazy to do a search, but a few months ago I posted a race with a TT Supra that I beat, and I was still at Stage 2 at the time. Hard to belive, but it was true. The Supra driver called a friend of mine on NASIOC the next day to try let him know his a$$ was toast, he thought it was my friend that had raced him. The reason the Supra driver was so pissed was not because his car lost, but because he got pulled by the cops after I turned off and got a street racing ticket & a drug charge because he had some tasty snacks in the car.

Edit: Okay I'm not that lazy...
    Stg 2 WRX vs. MKIV Supra
    Last edited by scoobie1; 12-24-2004 at 08:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12