rolled into a parking lot..... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on rolled into a parking lot..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by GIRex The Dodge SRT-4 utilizes a 2.4 liter turbo motor which first appeared in the U.S. in ...

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex

The Dodge SRT-4 utilizes a 2.4 liter turbo motor which first appeared in the U.S. in the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT model. The 2.4 turbo motor actually began life in Mexico a few years prior to that residing in the Dodge Stratus/Chrysler Cirrus LXi sedans. Chrysler was able to get a few years of real world testing of this engine before bringing it to the states. This would allow them to address any issues that may have come up in the engines first and second production model years. The base normally aspirated 2.4 liter has been around since 1994. The 2.4 turbo motor was designed, engineered and built by Chrysler Mexico. Contrary to belief, the base 2.4 and turbo 2.4 are different in many ways mainly inside the block.

Guess you were right about the mexico part i hadnt read that before.. But me and my wife were about to buy one for her because she was selling her neon and we had, had some fun with it (aside from needing a new head gasket, power steering rack, power steering pump, water pump, and tranny all in under 60k. Good thing it was covered by warranty.)

All and all the srt4 is a killer.. cheaper stages and easier to make some more power. But it is no rally inspired wrx.. not as versatile (I love driving on the beach with street tires)
    I know its not exactly the same motor but I meant thats where it started. Why the ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well at first i was lauging at the fact that you dont know why you have that glorious engine underneth your hood. then i realized part of what you said was right.. but the engine was still designed for the pt.. the pvo team had originally designed a supercharged 2.0 engine then decided to upgrade the tranny and do a turbo (since mitsu ones can be has so cheap)
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

I hate shopping cart handles. Or is it the St louis arch. Isn't there a neon website, I think the name of this one is CLUBWRX.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAN
    I hate shopping cart handles. Or is it the St louis arch. Isn't there a neon website, I think the name of this one is CLUBWRX.
    The sti wing looks more like a shopping cart. I like the arched wings. like the 3000gt.
    Last edited by PhilipSRT-4; 02-02-2005 at 05:46 PM.

man if your here just to hate dont even bother posting.. will save you the trouble of getting banned
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    man if your here just to hate dont even bother posting.. will save you the trouble of getting banned
    I'm not here to hate, Im here for info on the 02 wagon. Just happen to own a srt-4. I'm not even try to make fun of the sti, I just think its more of a shopping cart wing then the srt-4. I came here instead of nasioc because of the hating. This place seemed more open to performance cars, not just imprezas.
    Last edited by PhilipSRT-4; 02-02-2005 at 10:47 PM.

thats true.. most subaru owners have a rich car background.. well because they didnt come out until 02 and alot of us have been driving for a while.. i should do whats the cars every body owned thread i havnt seen it here yet
    peace

wow there hasn't bin one of these bickerments for awhile on these forums. most of you guys are usually really down to earth and knowledgeable guys. unusual to see such whining and crying and wrong info on another car. when will people just like cars for what they are and what there good at and stop stereo typing the car it's self on the people that drive them. we all know fwd sucks from a stop and awd sucks from a roll. just the nature of the beasts. how else do you say when my car went 13.5@107 and a wrx goes 13.4@98 you just cater to what your cars good at. i will be the first to admit most of the srt4 crowd are young imature kids that will only make my insurance go higher as they keep splating them selves on the highways of america. okay that my rant. game on.

edit: just read how old this thread is sorry for the lame bump. lock the thread off.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 02-03-2005 at 07:25 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Be neat is Subaru released something like this for the WRX:

http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx...tage3kit.shtml
    $3599.00
    The Stage 3 Kit with Turbo Toys in high-octane mode increases power to an amazing 355 hp at 5200 rpm and 365 ft.-lbs. of torque at 32004800 rpm! The Mopar Performance Cat-Back Exhaust System (P4510461) is required to obtain these power figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanboy
    Be neat is Subaru released something like this for the WRX:

http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx...tage3kit.shtml
    $3599.00
    The Stage 3 Kit with Turbo Toys in high-octane mode increases power to an amazing 355 hp at 5200 rpm and 365 ft.-lbs. of torque at 32004800 rpm! The Mopar Performance Cat-Back Exhaust System (P4510461) is required to obtain these power figures.
    It would be awsome if subaru realeased something like that but juding how much my local dealership wants for stuff like sti shortshifter and sti exhaust, it would probably be really expensive.

SRT's deserve some respect - they are a great performance bargain, same as the WRX/STi/EVO. In the end, this is turning out to be the best time in history to love fast cars. No matter what your price range, from 20K to 200K, you can get a car with performance that would have cost twice that ten years ago. The SRT is part of that equation, and deserves respect as a result.

Also, as a few people have said already, it would be great if other manufacturers picked up on the staged upgrade packages. When I first bought my car, the dealership wanted to void my warranty because of a TB exhaust and a shifter. Now, three years later, I get a totally different response when I hit the service drive. Modifying cars is becoming much more acceptable, and manufacturers are starting to offer parts themselves. Mopar has gone the furthest out on a limb so far, and hopefully they inspire other companies to do the same.

In the end, we all have cheap, fast cars. We're all going faster than 90% of what's out there, so why the hate?

/off my soapbox

Quote Originally Posted by speedblind
    Mopar has gone the furthest out on a limb so far, and hopefully they inspire other companies to do the same.
    id say the chevy cobalt SS is an attempt. now teh focus needs a turbo.
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234