rolled into a parking lot..... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on rolled into a parking lot..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if every assclown with a SUV bought a SRT instead, the world would be a better place. And I really ...

if every assclown with a SUV bought a SRT instead, the world would be a better place. And I really don't like SRTs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zubaru wrx
    i have nothing against srt4's i have something against the drivers because they all seem ignorant. ALSO my uncle works at the dodge dealership and i went by there and took one of them for a drive! they're pretty nice, didnt like the interior much but the power was great..... ONLY IN A STRAIGHT LINE!!!
    Just got to learn to drive FWD fast (dry weather). Plus swaybars made a huge difference.

I have no PHEAR saying that SRT-4s are faster than the WRX....but when i made a decision to purchase the WRX over the SRT-4, it was a matter of mentality and personal experience with the owners of these cars.
    I found that SRT-4 owners (for the most part) thought, no matter what, they were the fastest cars on the road. They came at me with the whole "mine is better than yours" approach. And most of them, 17-20 yrs old, mommy bought it for them, traded their honda in for it, or have no experience handling a car over 120 hp.
    I found that WRX owners (for the most part) had a deeper, more profound knowledge of their cars, and its capabilities. WRX owners to me, find more use for their cars features than merely just going fast. Dont get me wrong, i hate some WRX drivers who think they are superior to everyone else, i would much want an SRT-4 to beat them, and let them pecker slap each other till nightfall.
    So basically, when i contemplated purchasing either the WRX or the SRT-4, i didnt just buy the car, but i bought the attitude that came with it.
    WuDekStyle: i took the meanest **** at work today, i created an island there was so much nastiness
    WuDekStyle: i felt like a wild animal
    Official Cinematographer for the Bugeye Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    I've never seen a srt break into the 13's, but that doesn't mean they can't. They have a very similar weight/power ratio to your sti, they just can't hook up. That's why they all race from rolling digs.

You shouldn't think there junk because you haven't seen them in the 12's, if your in the Del area I could set up a race with a local srt that's pretty quick. You'd probably be better off racing them before they get it retuned though.

2 weeks ago when I was a Bradenton Motorpark there was a guy with a modded SRT-4
    (Intake, mbc, exhaust, engine management, suspension mods - you better launching) and he was only running 13.7s @ 103 mph.
    I have to admit the track conditions were not that good (windy, humid, 75 degrees)
    Modded EVO was running 13.6s-13.7s @ 101 mph. So the track was slow.

But the SRT-4 owner was telling me about his friends SRT-4 with an upgraded turbo setup that was running high 11s. So they can defintely be made fast. Just not with a few basic mods.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    2 weeks ago when I was a Bradenton Motorpark there was a guy with a modded SRT-4
    (Intake, mbc, exhaust, engine management, suspension mods - you better launching) and he was only running 13.7s @ 103 mph.
    I have to admit the track conditions were not that good (windy, humid, 75 degrees)
    Modded EVO was running 13.6s-13.7s @ 101 mph. So the track was slow.

But the SRT-4 owner was telling me about his friends SRT-4 with an upgraded turbo setup that was running high 11s. So they can defintely be made fast. Just not with a few basic mods.

Everyone is always talking about their "friends" car that is oh so fast. Yet whenever you see the car it never does what the kid talks it up to.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip
    So basically, when i contemplated purchasing either the WRX or the SRT-4, i didnt just buy the car, but i bought the attitude that came with it.
    ^^^^^^^^^^ that was beautiful ^^^^^^^^^^
    You only live once!

Quote Originally Posted by jdmpwrdr
    As far as the SRT-4 being in the same OVERALL class as the STi......no way. Power wise on the other hand.......yes. I've seen countless highway races, with both cars being stock of course, staying side by side wih each other. If I lived somewhere other than New England, I'd most certainly buy one. Can't beat the power package for the price.

+1... the reason I didn't buy a lot of cars other than my STi.

I like SRT-4's... and most of the people in this area that drive them give respect where its due.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

if i can talk my wife into trading in her 03 corolla it would be an wrx or sti.

are you kidding me the srt-4 would kill a STI from a dig. And can hang with a cobra from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by zubaru wrx
    i have nothing against srt4's i have something against the drivers because they all seem ignorant. ALSO my uncle works at the dodge dealership and i went by there and took one of them for a drive! they're pretty nice, didnt like the interior much but the power was great..... ONLY IN A STRAIGHT LINE!!!
    ... the interior is crap because its just a neon interior... power (ie 250tq to the wheels stock) is insaine.. forged internals from the factory is insaine. but you must know nothing about neons... a stock neon can stick with a wrx in the slalom. Iv seen many slightly modified neons beat wrx's in auto crosses(pretty equal drivers i know them both) neons are really tossable and have outstanding handling... hell my wifes old crappy 99 neon could take turns that the wrx feels like its gonna roll over on.

But all and all its still a neon.. they are lucky that dodge didnt have time to make their parts cheap because they needed to release a faster engine for the pt cruzzzer.. thats the only reason they got a srt4.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

the srt did not come out because of the pt cruiser. they have been a concept for awhile b4 the came out in 03. the 1rst one was a supercharged version.

the srt engine did come out because of the pt cruzer.. if you knew much about dodge you would know that they share the same chasis and drive train.... the cruzer market was looking for a more powerful engine so the neon got some more beef.
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    the srt engine did come out because of the pt cruzer.. if you knew much about dodge you would know that they share the same chasis and drive train.... the cruzer market was looking for a more powerful engine so the neon got some more beef.
    The engine came out of a mexican stratus

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipSRT-4
    The engine came out of a mexican stratus

The Dodge SRT-4 utilizes a 2.4 liter turbo motor which first appeared in the U.S. in the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT model. The 2.4 turbo motor actually began life in Mexico a few years prior to that residing in the Dodge Stratus/Chrysler Cirrus LXi sedans. Chrysler was able to get a few years of real world testing of this engine before bringing it to the states. This would allow them to address any issues that may have come up in the engines first and second production model years. The base normally aspirated 2.4 liter has been around since 1994. The 2.4 turbo motor was designed, engineered and built by Chrysler Mexico. Contrary to belief, the base 2.4 and turbo 2.4 are different in many ways mainly inside the block.

Guess you were right about the mexico part i hadnt read that before.. But me and my wife were about to buy one for her because she was selling her neon and we had, had some fun with it (aside from needing a new head gasket, power steering rack, power steering pump, water pump, and tranny all in under 60k. Good thing it was covered by warranty.)

All and all the srt4 is a killer.. cheaper stages and easier to make some more power. But it is no rally inspired wrx.. not as versatile (I love driving on the beach with street tires)
    Last edited by GIRex; 02-02-2005 at 06:08 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast