rolled into a parking lot..... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on rolled into a parking lot..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Any car can beat any car under the right conditions. I personally am thouroughly impressed by the build quality and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Any car can beat any car under the right conditions. I personally am thouroughly impressed by the build quality and stoutness of the SRT4 engine. That thing is a beast. I've said it from the start, pound for pound, the SRT4 will be able to put out way more HP and TQ than our engines will ever be able to, given no internal work is done to either engine. Looks wise, Mopar effed up by keeping it looking like a Neon. Yeah, ours look like an Impreza, but at least we have a rally heritage to look back on. The Neon is associated with cheap economy, and Dodge should have taken that into consideration when doing the design. My only other gripe is that it is FWD, and I find it awkward as a performance platfrom. Yeah, you can do a lot to compensate for it, but your still starting from behind because of weight transfer issues and traction issues due to double duty of steering/propulsion performened by 1 or 2 tires. I wouldn't mind SOA following their lead when it comes to staged packages though.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pshhh.... The Celica GT-S will owned all those cars from a roll.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Quote Originally Posted by scooby24
    SRT-4's are easy to beat with an STi

Maybie in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    Maybie in the rain

I've yet to see any SRT-4's *in person* make it into the 12s. There are a lot in the 13s but none of em can get traction. Awesome cars...just should have been AWD or RWD with that much powah.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

those SRTs are generally pretty awesome. fast from the factory, and with some minor mods, they can really fly. usually, the WRX isn't even in their league, as they are STi competitors from the showroom.

nice kills.

dR

I've yet to see any SRT-4's *in person* make it into the 12s. There are a lot in the 13s but none of em can get traction. Awesome cars...just should have been AWD or RWD with that much powah.

I've never seen a srt break into the 13's, but that doesn't mean they can't. They have a very similar weight/power ratio to your sti, they just can't hook up. That's why they all race from rolling digs.

You shouldn't think there junk because you haven't seen them in the 12's, if your in the Del area I could set up a race with a local srt that's pretty quick. You'd probably be better off racing them before they get it retuned though.
    Last edited by racinready300ex; 12-23-2004 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Any car can beat any car under the right conditions. I personally am thouroughly impressed by the build quality and stoutness of the SRT4 engine. That thing is a beast. I've said it from the start, pound for pound, the SRT4 will be able to put out way more HP and TQ than our engines will ever be able to, given no internal work is done to either engine. .
    agreed. the forged cracked piston/rod design is pretty incredible, especially being utilized in a 4cyl. i would have liked to see a RWD as well here, but where the car was being marketed to such a younger driver, they had to err on the side of safety.

what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    I wouldn't mind SOA following their lead when it comes to staged packages though.
    w3rd

I've never seen a srt break into the 13's, but that doesn't mean they can't. They have a very similar weight/power ratio to your sti, they just can't hook up. That's why they all race from rolling digs.

You shouldn't think there junk because you haven't seen them in the 12's, if your in the Del area I could set up a race with a local srt that's pretty quick. You'd probably be better off racing them before they get it retuned though.

Oh no you misunderstood me. I don't think they are junk at all. They are awesome cars it's just unfortunate that they are FWD. STi's and WRX's can get into 12s fairly easily but to get there in the Neon you have to have some serious power and/or some serious tire.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    the WRX isn't even in their league, as they are STi competitors from the showroom.

dR

they are NOT in the same league as the STi or evo.

Oh no you misunderstood me. I don't think they are junk at all. They are awesome cars it's just unfortunate that they are FWD. STi's and WRX's can get into 12s fairly easily but to get there in the Neon you have to have some serious power and/or some serious tire.

Sorry, I got your posts confused with someone else's that said they "hate those cars" my fault.

You know were not all a bunch of ego *******s. I know I drive a neon not a ferrari. I figured I live in socal and I dont need AWD. It rains maybe 20 times a year and it doesnt snow. Plus my friend bought a WRX wagon for when we go snow boarding in the mountains. I do have traction problems off the line but Ive done a few suspension mods and I can easily out handle my friends wagon (he's stock). I do like that awd launch though he owns me hard in first gear, I dont catch up untill third but then I pass him pretty bad (im not stock). If I had more money I would of bought an evo. For some reason I like the wrx more then the STi but I like both, they are nice cars. Actually when people ask me what car I have I just say a neon., I get laughed at when I say my car is pretty fast.
    Last edited by PhilipSRT-4; 12-23-2004 at 01:27 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's why they all race from rolling digs.
    Behold...a new phrase is born..."race from a rolling dig"

Sorry, couldn't help myself, since the last time I heard, a "dig" was from a stop. Maybe this is another "stunna" phrase I haven't heard before that is associated with the FWD crowd used when denying a race from a stop? Not hatin', just statin'.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

J-H
    ^^^^^^
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

As far as the SRT-4 being in the same OVERALL class as the STi......no way. Power wise on the other hand.......yes. I've seen countless highway races, with both cars being stock of course, staying side by side wih each other. If I lived somewhere other than New England, I'd most certainly buy one. Can't beat the power package for the price.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

i have nothing against srt4's i have something against the drivers because they all seem ignorant. ALSO my uncle works at the dodge dealership and i went by there and took one of them for a drive! they're pretty nice, didnt like the interior much but the power was great..... ONLY IN A STRAIGHT LINE!!!
    You only live once!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.