Mitsu Evo VII First Drive

This is a discussion on Mitsu Evo VII First Drive within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This guy drove one: http://agw.warbirdsiii.com/bbs/showt...982#post108982 He's a pretty experienced engineer, pro rally and road race driver who owns a Ferrari ...

Mitsu Evo VII First Drive

This guy drove one:
    http://agw.warbirdsiii.com/bbs/showt...982#post108982

He's a pretty experienced engineer, pro rally and road race driver who owns a Ferrari 288 GTO, so I tend to trust him.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    hmmm...interesting. I was just reading a magazine this morning that said the Evolution is lighter and faster than an STI. It gets 0-60 in 4.8 sec and can hit over 150mph. They also said in the article that the EVO tore up the STI on the track. This was from Automobile magazine.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    They also said in the article that the EVO tore up the STI on the track. This was from Automobile magazine.
    This is pretty common among car reviewers. If you read old comparison reviews in Brit publications such as "Evo" (no relation ot the car) you'll often see that the Lancer Evo is a better track car. But they also warn that the Evo's suspension is a little too stiff for use as a daily driver.

Wasn't it just last month that Road and Track placed the Evo 3rd in a comparo where a prodriver tested a bunch on a track? That article put the Evo only behind the 911 TT and Lotus Elise.

At any rate, I think our expectations are so high right now, that we're bound to be let down.

remember this. The Evo that comes to the US is the evo 8. Its not a seven. It will be a bit different, quick, but different.

Mike

Is it going to be called the EVO 8? There's no 1-7 here so I wonder if they would change it up to reflect that. I think the only way that any US magazine can say who is better is to test both US spec cars instead of the european versions.

I would love to have an EVO 6. The sweetest one of all IMO.
    02 WRB Wagon...gettin' the groceries...very quickly.

Because of front intercooler and front bumper regulation, Evo 8 is suppose to be only 250hp. I am just wondering if they are going to have a limited supply of them (less than 5000.) Either way, they are suppose to be better than the Sti.

I would love to have an EVO 6. The sweetest one of all IMO.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

i have to agree with you. i saw an evo 6 on the freeway here in costa mesa (that's right an evo 6), i waved the guy down and he pulled over and talked with me for a bit. what an awesome looking car! the guy worked for mitsu and was taking his son for a joy ride little lucky booger!