V6 stang, woulda ya even bother?

This is a discussion on V6 stang, woulda ya even bother? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wondering, if anyone has raced or would even bother with a v6 mustang, how badly did you beat them? ...

Question V6 stang, woulda ya even bother?

Just wondering, if anyone has raced or would even bother with a v6 mustang, how badly did you beat them? or any info on comparin the two, i would like to race a wrx up to 50 or 60, just to see how badly i would get my butt kicked. any expierences?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    I was beating V8 Mustangs when I was stock so I'm guessing a V6 Mustang wouldn't fair too well.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I Support ClubWRX
    I think this says it all:

(don't bring up the Ty/Cy Though! )
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

haha, thats funny, but i meant stock, i know trust me im trying to get myself in to a wrx, look for a new owner within 6 months. but till then im stuck with the stang which for a 17 year old isnt too bad i suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I still own a v6 stang as well. It was a stereo competition car.

Its for sale on ebay right now if anyone is interested but I doubt you would be seeing as we're on a wrx board

and no, the v6 doesnt even come close

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ebr0t
    haha, thats funny, but i meant stock, i know trust me im trying to get myself in to a wrx, look for a new owner within 6 months. but till then im stuck with the stang which for a 17 year old isnt too bad i suppose
    No, a stang is a good DD, especially for 17 (I had a 1995 Nike then). I'm glad they upped the power on the new gen. That was a welcome improvement (also for the GT). At first I HATED the new body style, but now I love it. When they first came out I saw a vert base mustang run a 14.9! I was shocked (esp since my GSR was running slower at the time). Don't know what mods though (sounded quiet).
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

No chance, you will look da foo

Ive got a measly Civic Si,and i love her, mind you, and it can pretty much kill any Stang V6's...no chance with V8s.

-Jae-
    In time people will see who you truly are.

2007 Urban Grey Metallic Subaru Impreza WRX STi. Hawkeye Alliance #71

I have a 99 V6 Stang, and let me tell you...i love that car. Ok so its not a V8, but its my first car and I think I did pretty good. I have the usual mods for a V6 (intake and exhaust, shift kit, supercharger)*did I say supercharger?* Yes it is is supercharged and yes it makes very good power. *sigh* but its still not a V8. As of now im takin the blower off and parting out the car to make room for a REX in my driveway. http://www.ratemyride.com/profile.php?uid=1379&page=1 . Before I put the blower on there, the car made decent power. I ran the best of a 15.57 (WOOT!). I never got a chance to run the car supercharged cause I never had it properly tuned. Oh well, on to bigger and better things I say.

V6 OWNZ JOO!

Oh and BTW TypeC that pic is great!

One of the guys I hang around with has a 2001 V6 mustang with exhaust, pullies, and a 100 shot So I think I need some mods before I go after that...

Are all of the v6 stangs slushboxes or can you get a stick? I've only seen autos.
    2005 WRX STI Black/Gold

If one ever reved on me or seemed like it wanted race, I would gladly oblige. None of the ones I've seen have been inclined to do so. I have beatin a couple of V8 GT's though, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be too much of a race.
    -Rob
    02 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Any FORD is worth beating up on, especially the V6 version of the Rustang.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)