V6 stang, woulda ya even bother?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on V6 stang, woulda ya even bother? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wondering, if anyone has raced or would even bother with a v6 mustang, how badly did you beat them? ...

Question V6 stang, woulda ya even bother?

Just wondering, if anyone has raced or would even bother with a v6 mustang, how badly did you beat them? or any info on comparin the two, i would like to race a wrx up to 50 or 60, just to see how badly i would get my butt kicked. any expierences?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    I was beating V8 Mustangs when I was stock so I'm guessing a V6 Mustang wouldn't fair too well.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I Support ClubWRX
    I think this says it all:

(don't bring up the Ty/Cy Though! )
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

haha, thats funny, but i meant stock, i know trust me im trying to get myself in to a wrx, look for a new owner within 6 months. but till then im stuck with the stang which for a 17 year old isnt too bad i suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I still own a v6 stang as well. It was a stereo competition car.

Its for sale on ebay right now if anyone is interested but I doubt you would be seeing as we're on a wrx board

and no, the v6 doesnt even come close

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ebr0t
    haha, thats funny, but i meant stock, i know trust me im trying to get myself in to a wrx, look for a new owner within 6 months. but till then im stuck with the stang which for a 17 year old isnt too bad i suppose
    No, a stang is a good DD, especially for 17 (I had a 1995 Nike then). I'm glad they upped the power on the new gen. That was a welcome improvement (also for the GT). At first I HATED the new body style, but now I love it. When they first came out I saw a vert base mustang run a 14.9! I was shocked (esp since my GSR was running slower at the time). Don't know what mods though (sounded quiet).
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

No chance, you will look da foo

Ive got a measly Civic Si,and i love her, mind you, and it can pretty much kill any Stang V6's...no chance with V8s.

-Jae-
    In time people will see who you truly are.

2007 Urban Grey Metallic Subaru Impreza WRX STi. Hawkeye Alliance #71

I have a 99 V6 Stang, and let me tell you...i love that car. Ok so its not a V8, but its my first car and I think I did pretty good. I have the usual mods for a V6 (intake and exhaust, shift kit, supercharger)*did I say supercharger?* Yes it is is supercharged and yes it makes very good power. *sigh* but its still not a V8. As of now im takin the blower off and parting out the car to make room for a REX in my driveway. http://www.ratemyride.com/profile.php?uid=1379&page=1 . Before I put the blower on there, the car made decent power. I ran the best of a 15.57 (WOOT!). I never got a chance to run the car supercharged cause I never had it properly tuned. Oh well, on to bigger and better things I say.

V6 OWNZ JOO!

Oh and BTW TypeC that pic is great!

One of the guys I hang around with has a 2001 V6 mustang with exhaust, pullies, and a 100 shot So I think I need some mods before I go after that...

Are all of the v6 stangs slushboxes or can you get a stick? I've only seen autos.
    2005 WRX STI Black/Gold

If one ever reved on me or seemed like it wanted race, I would gladly oblige. None of the ones I've seen have been inclined to do so. I have beatin a couple of V8 GT's though, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be too much of a race.
    -Rob
    02 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Any FORD is worth beating up on, especially the V6 version of the Rustang.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.