My WRX vs. Road raging Saturn (long)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My WRX vs. Road raging Saturn (long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This morning on my way to work I saw that the lane next to me was moving faster. I signal, ...

Thumbs down My WRX vs. Road raging Saturn (long)

This morning on my way to work I saw that the lane next to me was moving faster. I signal, get over and proceed to speed up. When my front wheels get next to the rear wheels of this Saturn, the lady proceeds to try to change into my lane. She's startled, of course, swerves back into her lane, and I continue to pass her. She proceeds to follow me REALLY close. I blow it off, but at the light she's creeping up on my bumper, screaming obscenities, saying I sped up and wouldn't let her over, and flipping me off.

I shake my head.

Traffic starts moving and she's driving with one hand and flipping me off with the other. Tailgating me again. I tap the brakes (not hard) to try to get her to back off. We stop again and she creeps up on my bumper.

I yell out my window "In Colorado, if you hit me from behind, it's automatically your fault and I'd LOVE to have a new rear bumper"

She screams "I know that you F-ing bunghole" :self-edited for language:

Her son gets out of the car and comes up to my window He say's "That's my mom, just admit you were wrong and give it up". I told him that I signaled, got over and she was changing lanes as I was next to her. Her fault. He said "last warning man, lay off". I said that I wasn't doing anything, but I was about to brake check his mom and let her hit me. He said "I'm warning you, don't let her hit you". I said "Are you kidding me, I'm twice your size and it would be HER FAULT" He started screaming obscenities with his head IN my window, so I proceeded to roll up my window. She started tailgating again, so I slowed down to about 10mph (she couldn't go around because of too much traffic). I changed the EBC to the 15.5psi setting and left her in the dust. Got 3 cars between us and got over. She started tailgating the car that was like 3 cars behind me.

I'm moving out of the city.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Haha ...

There are some stupid things people do while driving. Her "son" comes up and talks smack to you. Humm ... weird ... "Yes officer I was afraid of my life because I could not move so I SHOT him in the head." It's amazing how some people think yelling helps solve a problem while driving. One day they will yell at the wrong person ...
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Geez that kid's lucky you were a nice guy. It's situations like this that lead to all these road rage shootings. Props for keeping your cool
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I would have rolled up the window with her son's head still stuck in my car and drove off. After a few miles, I'd eventually roll the windows back down and release the little punk.

Originally posted by BozzWRX
    I would have rolled up the window with her son's head still stuck in my car and drove off. After a few miles, I'd eventually roll the windows back down and release the little punk.
    HAHA i would love to see that from another car. Nice job on setting the boost and taking off! What a psycho family! Good job on keeping your cool though, I would imagine it would be so easy to do so.
    -Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

LOL that's the funniest thing I've heard today. Great example she's teaching her son! I can sum her family up in one of two ways; 1) She also has a psychotic, redneck husband who she acts just like, or 2) no husband at home and she's troubled with life and her son is pissed and out of control
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

LOL...started to roll up the window....LOL! I love that part. There are most definitely morons out there. I'm glad the kid didn't decided to "teach" you a lesson. It could've been real ugly. Glad that you're OK and no damage to the car or (most importantly) you.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

If he would've touched the car, I would've had to give him a beating. I could've left the EBC at 8psi (what I leave it at for most city driving), but that wouldn't have been as dramatic.

yea i had something like that happen to my brother, hes got a 3g eclipse and this kid in a Hyundai Elantra cuts him off so my brother gets annoyed but doesnt do anything about it. he continues on his path and eventually gets in front of the elantra. the elantra starts tailgating his and its a one lane road so my brother slows down to 10mph(nobody else was on the road at the time) so the hyundai gets next to us at the light where the street turns to 2 lanes again and he starts name calling, real mature, he was your typical jackass(driving from the center of the car the chains backwards hat a real punk, so the light turns green and my brother punches it keep in mind he has 4 people in the car and detroys the elantra and at the next light the elantra punk says you got a real problem (more cursing at us and we dont say a word) he says, wait get this, i have a gun im gonna shoot you in your f**king face, i swear i got a gun your a dead man all of you(yea ok), my brother makes a left gets onto the highway and the kid is still following us so at our exit my brother is doing the speed limit and the kid gets next to us and at the last second he gets off the exit and the kid couldnt even react in time, really nice maneuver.

but to make a long story short this kid was a punk and i hate jackass'
    Last edited by wrxinthehouse; 09-04-2002 at 03:30 PM.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Originally posted by BozzWRX
    That is a great idea! Reminds me of "Snatch".

WRXinthehouse, glad nothing happened to you. I've been threatened physically by a few men while I've been in my car and out of it. No harm has come to me by this. Just the threats and the following me around part. I am going to have to start carrying a cattle prod or something. I think it doesn't help that I mouth off either.
    Last edited by Kira; 09-04-2002 at 02:29 PM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    he was your typical guido jackass
    Please don't use racially degrading terms.

BTW, I fixed it for you
    Last edited by wrxinthehouse; 09-04-2002 at 03:32 PM.

Yo

Some people are just idiots. I love it when people scream at me because they were the IDIOT w/out any mistake ie: people come from a side road infront of me on the main road and accelerate like slooooowwwww and I have to move out of their way. Of course I use my friend the HORN and they look and yell at me like I'm "suppose" to slow down for them. One day they'll pull infront of a MACK truck and get run over because the truck won't be able to stop in time. I saw an accident coming home from work on 285 last week where so lady just cut off a MACK truck and the MACK truck locked up the brakes and skidded on the hwy but in his "own lane" ... good skill. The truck missed her by a few feet ... <5ft because I was 2 lanes over next to them when it all happened. The lady did NOT even care ... she didn't even accelerate. I would have stopped as a witness if the truck did hit her because idiots like her needs to LEARN to hardway. Also people ( especially women ) in SUVs, talking on the cell phone, and looking for things in the back seat. I guess I've realized that there are just way too many idiots on the road.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

wrxinthehouse thanks for fixing my post im sorry i didnt mean it to hurt or offend anybody if i did im sorry
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

No problem, I was pretty fired up this morning and I'm surprised I didn't use any racially derogatory terms myself.

She was white like me

im half italian so i took a shot at myself
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.