My WRX vs. Road raging Saturn (long) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My WRX vs. Road raging Saturn (long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow you really kept your cool I would've hit that kid as he was walking up to my car...

Wow you really kept your cool

I would've hit that kid as he was walking up to my car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I posted here a few months past when a really aggressive driver stuck a gun in my face.

The kid who stuck his head in your window should have gotten a black eye. Then mommy would have had to tend to him instead of continuing to mess with you.

His act was one of aggression. I believe you would have had little problem explaining your actions should you have been asked to.

misterx

Polaris wrote:

im half italian so i took a shot at myself
    Sorry to double post, but that's too funny!

Misterx

yeah i would have given him a beat down and then smoke his mom's piece of **** excuse for a car

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    Some people are just idiots. I love it when people scream at me because they were the IDIOT w/out any mistake ie: people come from a side road infront of me on the main road and accelerate like slooooowwwww and I have to move out of their way. Of course I use my friend the HORN and they look and yell at me like I'm "suppose" to slow down for them. One day they'll pull infront of a MACK truck and get run over because the truck won't be able to stop in time. I saw an accident coming home from work on 285 last week where so lady just cut off a MACK truck and the MACK truck locked up the brakes and skidded on the hwy but in his "own lane" ... good skill. The truck missed her by a few feet ... <5ft because I was 2 lanes over next to them when it all happened. The lady did NOT even care ... she didn't even accelerate. I would have stopped as a witness if the truck did hit her because idiots like her needs to LEARN to hardway. Also people ( especially women ) in SUVs, talking on the cell phone, and looking for things in the back seat. I guess I've realized that there are just way too many idiots on the road.
    Aaaaa F-cking Men .... I hear ya!!!

I think all my comments from the idiot in a bimmer post apply hear
    I just can't be bothered typing all that fury again. I'm trying to relax more and chill out a bit before I get an ulcer cause by all these Incompetant F-cks on the road.

Also Why is it that you hardly ever see performance car drivers driving with their heads up the arse?

For instance yesterday I was getting onto the freeway onramp and theres a load of cars around and a nissan 200sx was next to me now the onramp merges from 2 lanes to 1 so as we go round the corner I back off a bit leave a couple of cars gap and he speeds up a bit and slots straight in. No problem nice and easy.

Other times I've gone round this corner with vans or hyundais and the d1cks just sit there side by side and I have to floor it past them and brake when I get up to the car in front and then the moron starts tailgating me!

Lack of understanding about how to merge properly is a major problem here in Perth I think we need some of your serious road rage incedents here to wake people up to themselves.

It's harsh but untill it happens their heads are gonna stay up their arses

you also have to realize that some point in that conversation, the mom told the son to get out of the car and talk to the driver....imagine sending your kid out like that...
    Peace,
    Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Wow, I feel so much better knowing I'm not alone now. I don't know if any of you know what driving in MA is like, be have to worst AND best drivers here. There's something to be said about learning to drive in a hostile environment.

That guy was crazy though, does he realize that it illegal to approach people and threaten them in almost every state in the US. You could have blown his head off and everyone around would be YOUR witness. If someone approaches your car, you have nowhere to run, you are within your rights to use deadly force. What a wacko!!! You really kept your cool, you th' man...

One thing about MA is we have some reasonable traffic laws like...
    * Hit someone from behind, 100% your fault.
    * All highway on-ramps mush YEILD to high-way traffic, you cause and accident coming onto the highway, 100% your fault.
    Everything else $ucks here...

wombat: Your absolutely right, guys who get performance cars generally think it is below them (in a good way) to be a punk. It reflects badly on you if you have a good car and you can't even merge correctly. "I have this cool car, I better be able to use it..." There are always exceptions though.

chuglobal: If that woman did that in MA and somebody died, vehicular homicide and reckless endangerment. Too busy looking for her brain in the back seat.

-d
    2001 Audi S4 - Silver
    2002 Subaru WRX - Midnight Black
    2000 Audi S4 - Imola Yellow
    1997 Dodge Intrepid ES - Black
    1991 Ford Taurus SHO - Hunter Green
    [No car below 200HP here!]

Originally posted by wrxbone
    That guy was crazy though, does he realize that it illegal to approach people and threaten them in almost every state in the US. You could have blown his head off and everyone around would be YOUR witness. If someone approaches your car, you have nowhere to run, you are within your rights to use deadly force.
    Um, I don't know about MA, but here in SC and in every state I've ever lived in, use of force laws dictate that you may only respond with a level of force you're being threatened with. This applies EVERYHWERE, including in your own home. So, if this guy had (and was threatening you with) a deadly weapon, you could legally use deadly force against him. If he was empty handed and merely threatening to beat you up (as this guy apparently was), and you killed or seriously hurt him right in front of witnesses, chances are excellent you'd be sharing a room with a guy named Butch and watching your six in the showers before the year was out.

For some excellent thought and info on the the use of lethal force and the associated legal issues, see this site.

BTW, great restraint, wrxinthehouse. It was the smart and right thing, if not the fun thing.
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

AutoXJunkie:

Yes, on legal grounds I agree. Sorry, I was assuming in my statement that the guy threatens you with bodily harm or some such. Actually, that's why I was commenting on the fact that the original poster was showing excellent restraint in this. That can become a dicey situation. However I have heard of situations where being in a car is considered more hazardous, such as if the person reaches in or grabs you, I believe that, because you are restrained in your vehicle their is a general understanding that if someone approaches you with intent to harm, you don't have to wait for him/her to kill you. Or try to do so. You can't run.

A lot of the legal lean in use of force is that, in general people do have the ability to run away as apposed to blow someone away. I mean, is your wide screen TV really worth killing someone, even the scum of the earth. I don't know. But if someone is coming at your car, where are you going to go, your glove box?

But it always comes down to who's lawyer is better. It is basically a case of whether you believe your life was really in danger.

Like I said, wrxinthehouse is the man. With excellent grace under fire.

-d
    2001 Audi S4 - Silver
    2002 Subaru WRX - Midnight Black
    2000 Audi S4 - Imola Yellow
    1997 Dodge Intrepid ES - Black
    1991 Ford Taurus SHO - Hunter Green
    [No car below 200HP here!]

Its the same way in Northern Va.

Two things that might help, get one of those cameras people use at the track and have it on a swivel so you can use it front or back. Get her tag, show her car and her behavior. I can think of at least one judge that would take her license.

The second thing, next time someone sticks their head in YOUR window, they are trespassing. I would say roll his head up in your window, but that's not legal, so use the video again

Stuff like that happens to me at least once a month in NOVA, there isn't much you can do about it, but keep on moving and don't let her know you're watching her. Funny thing is, that its just as often a woman as a man.

Go figure, some people just need to grow up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.