g35 c auto vs. r32
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on g35 c auto vs. r32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i raced this guy on the expressway a couple of times, but not really real races. He would hit it ...

g35 c auto vs. r32

i raced this guy on the expressway a couple of times, but not really real races. He would hit it about a car in front of me, and i would have to play catch. Wierd thing is that everytime i would start to pull on him, mind me im behind him trying to play catch, and he is a few cars infront of me because he hit it before me. We did this a couple of times, and i would catch up pretty nicely. I never passed him because everytime i caught up to with a car length, i would let off. We ran up to about 130 around this huge turn on the expressway, i started catching up to him, when i noticed how dangerous it was and let off, and so did he. He got up next to me on the expressway and i asked him what he has, and hes like he just got it automatic. I told him i had a chip and intake. He also had an extra passenger, that maybe why i started to catch up. I actually thought i would start to catch up because he was letting off, but when i came up to him at the light, hes like 'man is that the r32.' i told him yeah, and hes like damn, i could see you catching up quickly every time i hit it. I told him to hit it from a roll, so we ran to about 5-50mph... i let him shift down in his tiptronic, and he got the hit @ 5mph.... instant car, and i hit it it, instantly pulled up next to him, 40mph comes, i shift into second... ESP limits my damn power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess i had spinnage from first to second gear, and he gets a half carlength lead when i gave up. I got up next to him and told him my esp got me, and he said he noticed because my car lurched back. all in all, it was a fun little cat and mouse race. I'm positive if i ran him side by side, i would have easily gained carlengths on him. He NEVER once started to pull on me, exept when he would hit it and i wasn't ready, but then i would easily start to catch up again.

all in all, those things are quite ferocious, never seen a car pass me from a car lenght behind that fast. Now i know how others see my car when im behind them, drop it and floor it past them... looks like a rocket passing you.

i'm just happy he didn't try making any excuses... and he told me the truth that i was catching up pretty fast on his ass. Oh btw, the 5-50mph race, i also hit rev-limiter!

anyhow, from a stop, i know the g35 is toast. gotta love awd... too bad i can't really launch, i still have summer tires, that are almost all bold THEY SUCK IN THE DAMN COLD!!!!!!!!!

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice runs... I wonder how it would have been with a 6speed.

G35c owns my <3
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    nice runs... I wonder how it would have been with a 6speed.

G35c owns my <3
    i would expect pretty close. i wouldn't mind the new one... 298hp? mmmm. are they out... maybe thats what he had. i would like to have known.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    i would expect pretty close. i wouldn't mind the new one... 298hp? mmmm. are they out... maybe thats what he had. i would like to have known.
    I have not done much reading on the 298hp one. I am not sure if that is standard in all 05' models or not. It would def. be cool if it was though.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    the g35 is a sick car, but cool u pulled close to him in a r32, not a fan of the r32 but i give ya respect.
    uncle lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Just to fit in with the recent theme from newbies around here, I'll add this: You are obviously jealous of the superior capabilities of all Subarus, including the formidable Justy. Disregarding that you previously had a WRX, and that others enjoy reading about how the competition performs, I'll also suggest that you have a small pecker.

Okay, seriously now... I've only seen two R-32's on the street, and would love to see how they run. When the tracks open up again in the spring, I'd really like to know what type of #'s it can put down for you. Otherwise maybe we'll eventually happen to run across each other on the streets of Chicagoland sometime in the near future.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    Just to fit in with the recent theme from newbies around here, I'll add this: You are obviously jealous of the superior capabilities of all Subarus, including the formidable Justy. Disregarding that you previously had a WRX, and that others enjoy reading about how the competition performs, I'll also suggest that you have a small pecker.
    hey, i still have the wrx. we're just looking for a new engine for it right now. hehe. too much boost i guess. And the Justy is one hell of a car, let's not bring in some classic subaru badasses like the 360 and loyale!

i'm really confused with the pecker thing... are we talking about my... you know, the long thing that i carry down under?

if we ever come accross, it would be awesome to see how i would do against u. It would be a pretty close race, and i know that from a stop you would get the advantage. I'm almost positive that the awd system on the wrx will outlaunch the haldex, though it comes pretty damn close, imo. Trust me, i really want to go to the track, just waiting for it to open up, in the mean time, i'll just race.

I'm still looking to get some lighter pulleys. There's a guy that just dynoed his r32 on a 4 wheel mustang dyno and with chip/intake/pulleys/exhaust valve done, he hit 233whp/211tq. If i can find a cheap dyno around chicago land, i wouldn't mind seeing the numbers my car puts down.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

I don't know what the AWD dynos cost, but the typical pricing at the F-body shops are around $60-$75 for two pulls, including a/f ratios. Hopefully, competition amongst the AWD shops will force them to eventually get their prices more in line with those of the RWD dynos... Otherwise, if a group of 15-20 people can get together, it can be possible to negotiate discounted bulk rates with the shops. I tend to look at my trapspeeds more than dyno numbers anyway...

And thanks for understanding that I was merely joking around and mocking the other guys who had posted similar messages in other threads.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Since we all seem to live somewhat close to each other, maybe we should hit up the track this spring. It would be cool to see where i stand against a modded wrx and r32.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Since we all seem to live somewhat close to each other, maybe we should hit up the track this spring. It would be cool to see where i stand against a modded wrx and r32.
    man, i don't know whats wrong with me. I want a new car just as much as i change gf's. I really like the g35 298hp coupe 6mt!!!! a lot!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

man, i don't know whats wrong with me. I want a new car just as much as i change gf's. I really like the g35 298hp coupe 6mt!!!! a lot!

Dont worry man... I am the same way.. I just turned 18 and have owned a modded 96' maxima, modded 97' maxima, modded GSR, now a modded WRX... mind you, nothing was wrong with the cars, I just became bored and wanted something new.
    Here I am, only had my wrx for 7 months, and I want to sell it for the new G35c 6speed. The only thing holding me back is that I could never afford it. I get bored WAY to easily.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    no probleming changing cars around, ived had 5 cars and im 20, yes i work 40 hours a week and go to college full time, so no my parents dont just shell out the money anytime i whine for a new 1. the g35 6 speed is hot, nothing wrong with changing cars like your underwear or g.f.'s gotta keep things fresh
    uncle lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

yea i know tell me about it!! that thing is hott...

but then again my next car is either a R36 or an old 98 imprezza wagon with a V7 swap in it...but thats all after i can afford to buy injectors for my GT28RS sitting my room and pay for instalation...
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

I Support ClubWRX
    Love the looks of the G35, but hated the performance. Kept looking to see if the e-brake was on, that's how slow it felt. Good runs!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Love the looks of the G35, but hated the performance. Kept looking to see if the e-brake was on, that's how slow it felt. Good runs!
    I felt this way too when i first got my G35. But i think it was just because i was so used to driving with a turbo. If you would ask me now, i would say that the G35 is pretty damn fast.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast