g35 c auto vs. r32 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on g35 c auto vs. r32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by fastwrx135 I felt this way too when i first got my G35. But i think it was ...

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    I felt this way too when i first got my G35. But i think it was just because i was so used to driving with a turbo. If you would ask me now, i would say that the G35 is pretty damn fast.

and the 6mt 298hp g35c is even more pretty damn fast. now thats what i want!!!!!!!!! damnit!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I felt this way too when i first got my G35. But i think it was just because i was so used to driving with a turbo. If you would ask me now, i would say that the G35 is pretty damn fast.
    In some form, I'd say you are correct in that since I do drive a turbo car, I am used to the effect of boost coming on. Since it is an STi though, which has boost at almost the instant of throttle input in most gears, I'd say the effect is relative to the type of vehicle. Having owned many fast NA cars also, I understand the "feeling" a boosted vehicle gives you vs an NA car. However, I still couldn't get over the feeling that it just didn't feel fast. After all, don't they run something like 14 sec at around 101 in the 1/4? Decent, but not blinding. When they first came out, I got into a roll with one from about 45 in my STi and left him behind fairly easily. So I don't think it's all subjective. Comparatively, to the majority of the other cars in it's class on the road, it is a very good performer. Believe me, if I could have it's looks and the STi's performance at the same price, I'd be all over it.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Love the looks of the G35, but hated the performance. Kept looking to see if the e-brake was on, that's how slow it felt. Good runs!
    Well compared to an STi the G35 6speed is not exactly a rocket.... Though, I think you were a little misguided by how smooth the VQ35 engine is, especially in that chasis. You have to remember that you have been driving a WRX and STi for the last couple years and those are both far from being smooth. To me, the G35's power is misleading due to how smooth it is. The 6speed coupe in the 280hp one was good for low 14's which is right where a rex is, but due to smoothness and no boost surge or spool up it feels less agressive and"slower". Are there numbers on the new G35c yet? with that extra 20hp I expect that it should in the 13's for sure now
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Well compared to an STi the G35 6speed is not exactly a rocket.... Though, I think you were a little misguided by how smooth the VQ35 engine is, especially in that chasis. You have to remember that you have been driving a WRX and STi for the last couple years and those are both far from being smooth. To me, the G35's power is misleading due to how smooth it is. The 6speed coupe in the 280hp one was good for low 14's which is right where a rex is, but due to smoothness and no boost surge or spool up it feels less agressive and"slower". Are there numbers on the new G35c yet? with that extra 20hp I expect that it should in the 13's for sure now
    You're right about how smooth the VQ35 and how deceivingly fast it is. As for numbers on the new G35c, i couldn't find any yet. But they should brake into the 13's with an average driver and trap in the low 100's with ease. The '04's did the 0-60 in 6.2 sec, so i would have to imagine that the '05's should be in the 5.9-6.1 range.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

You're right about how smooth the VQ35 and how deceivingly fast it is. As for numbers on the new G35c, i couldn't find any yet. But they should brake into the 13's with an average driver and trap in the low 100's with ease. The '04's did the 0-60 in 6.2 sec, so i would have to imagine that the '05's should be in the 5.9-6.1 range.
    I want the 298hp G35c 6speed more than words can express

IMO, the car has everything. great low end and mid range torque, great topend, refined, luxurious, beautiful, good handling, fast, awesome feeling trans, RWD. When they introduce the AWD G35c I might not be able to contain myself from buying one

I'll end up devoting my life to paying for my car and having to drop out of college
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I want the 298hp G35c 6speed more than words can express

IMO, the car has everything. great low end and mid range torque, great topend, refined, luxurious, beautiful, good handling, fast, awesome feeling trans, RWD. When they introduce the AWD G35c I might not be able to contain myself from buying one

I'll end up devoting my life to paying for my car and having to drop out of college
    lol... well the AWD G35c should be coming out in '06 or '07 but its gonna be called the Skyline, have 400hp, Twin Turbo V6, and of course AWD. One problem you might have is that its suppose to be priced at about $60,000. At least thats the rumor going around.

lol... well the AWD G35c should be coming out in '06 or '07 but its gonna be called the Skyline, have 400hp, Twin Turbo V6, and of course AWD. One problem you might have is that its suppose to be priced at about $60,000. At least thats the rumor going around.
    Nah, the new skyline seems like its going to be butt ugly.

I heard in 06' they are going to introduce the G35c and integrate the same AWD drive system that they currently use in the G35x sedan. Man O man, do I wish I could afford a G35c. The worst part is that I am just starting college and still have another 6 or more years ahead of me, so before I even consider buying one they will have probably bastardized the car with that sh!tty "inovative, futuristic" look
    but yeah, G35c or M3 will undoubtably be my next upgrade
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    From the "spy" shots I've seen, the new skyline just looks like a G35 with slighlty wider hips and a big ole wing on the back. Honestly couldn't see much of a difference between it and the G35.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    From the "spy" shots I've seen, the new skyline just looks like a G35 with slighlty wider hips and a big ole wing on the back. Honestly couldn't see much of a difference between it and the G35.
    i think ive seen the same pics you have. I heard they haven't decided on a body type yet and just stuck the G35c shell on for now while they continue to test it.

Last night I destroyed the g35c preety badly but i think is was an auto. I pulled up to a light next to him and gave him a rev, light turns green and i didn't launch but just went faster off the line, as soon as i heard his exhaust go i punched it, and just as he started to inch forward i just puled about a cars length on him in first then began to slowly pull way through second and then he gave up. I also had 2 people to just him and about 50 pounds of luggage with me and my car is a wagon. They do look very nice though, just the 275 hp is a bit over rated.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy
    Last night I destroyed the g35c preety badly but i think is was an auto. I pulled up to a light next to him and gave him a rev, light turns green and i didn't launch but just went faster off the line, as soon as i heard his exhaust go i punched it, and just as he started to inch forward i just puled about a cars length on him in first then began to slowly pull way through second and then he gave up. I also had 2 people to just him and about 50 pounds of luggage with me and my car is a wagon. They do look very nice though, just the 275 hp is a bit over rated.
    Either the guy wasn't trying or he doesn't know how to drive. Im in no way calling bs or anything as anything can happen on the street, but he should of pulled on you since you are only at cobb stg 1 and had the extra weight. The 280hp rating is no more over rated than the wrx. The G35c dynos around 235-240 to the wheels.

I have an automatic G35c and i ran a 14.6@98mph. Now i got this time running on summer tires in low 40 degree weather. I also did not launch my car, just mashed the pedal because i wasn't gripping at all due to the weather. Im not hating or anything, just telling you what i know since i've owned both cars at some point. Good kill man

well destroyed might have been too big of a word but i did pull on him either way and my stage 1 is more like stage 1.5 because of the cat back and I did increase my boost by whole 2 lbs peak from what i ran stock.... he was trying i know becasue i heard the exhaust and at first he was just loosing ground by small amount but by about top of second I knew he stopped becasue i just started to run away and thats when i shut down as well. I am also not hating just stating the facts, I actually like the g35c very much.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.