Evo vs ZO6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo vs ZO6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys its been a while since I got a good run. Left my girlfriends house tonight, I making a ...

Evo vs ZO6

Hey guys its been a while since I got a good run. Left my girlfriends house tonight, I making a left onto sunrise highway. I see a car pull up behind me, at first I thought it was a miata? got the arrow took off and floored it. Next light turned red. No miata Black ZO6. Im like well lets see how bad I get beat? light turns green, I didn't launch he pulled out first. As soon as I floored it, He gunned it and started spinning.
    I jumped about a car, shifted into second. Now I'm waiting to see him blow by. Nope I stayed about one car until we shut down in the beginning of fourth. He pulls up next to me and says nice car, Those are All wheel drive? Im like yup. He said he couldn't get the car to stick. I said, I know I was waiting for you to pass me by. Cool guy sweet car. I'll take a win anyway I can. Thank you cold road
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What are your mods? Those Zo6 be running 12s all day bone stock. Surprised to see you won even though you didn't launch. Good kill....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    What are your mods? Those Zo6 be running 12s all day bone stock. Surprised to see you won even though you didn't launch. Good kill....
    hes got quite a few mods, and is running 12's i believe. Not to mention he stated that the Z06 couldn't catch traction. I am sure if the z06 hooked up the evo would have been made of waste.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Albany, NY (school) -- Long Island, NY (home)
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I am sure if the z06 hooked up the evo would have been made of waste.
    i'd have to agree
    '02 PSM WRX -- turboxs turboback w/ magnaflow muffler, perrin up-pipe, helix tmic, ecutek
    LISC #13

good kill... i know you're glad the Z06 couldn't hook up....

btw.... way whats your mod list mines down below
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx

The ZO6 is capable of a 12 second timeslip stock, but then again not all drivers are capable...

The machine is only as good as it's pilot...
    In real life a man is not judged by his potential...he's judged by his accomplishments.....

Very interesting....

Cold weather and RWD = this result
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Z06's really don't get off the line all that fast. (Fast compared to well driven STi's, EVO's etc) Even on a prepped track, they really don't get going until about the 1/8 mile mark (85mph or so). At about 85 mph they start to pull like freight trains. But below that they really aren't that fast.

I've beaten pretty much every Z06's I've raced at our local 1/8 mile. Believe it or not, most of the Z06s are running mid 8s in the 1/8 mile at our track.

But it sure feel good to beat one. The crowd also gets a kick out of it.

DAMNIT WILL. you always get the good races
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

nice... Bald tires on a Z06 is probably a scary dillema. I wish my car trapped 118.
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Am I the only person here who thinks: "what does this have to do with WRX vs. the World"?

Yes you are.

In case you didn't realize, this is a car enthusiast site, even though you hear about Evos and Zo6's. We all know what other cars outside the "Subaru World" are capable of and respect that. Just because your car is quick does not mean it is the fastest thing on the road.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista
    Am I the only person here who thinks: "what does this have to do with WRX vs. the World"?
    AKA "The World" plus I have All Wheel Drive. So I fit in here Don't be a hater.
    Mods
    Not enough to beat a ZO6 in normal conditions.
    272whp 260TQ. I want to keep the mods on the DL. You know mitsu is voiding warranties.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I'm not a hater. I appreciate that as a fellow AWD vehicle (frankly I love and envy Evos) you represent "the World". And the Z06 represents "the World". I just wonder where the "WRX" fits into your little picture...
    The question I ask is : why are you here? This is a forum dedicated to celebrating the Subaru WRX and related subjects. OK, in the general scheme of the American automotive sphere, the Mitsubishi Evo probably should be considered closer to a WRX than a Chevrolet, despite the fact that Chevrolet and Subaru are closer in a corporate manner... But Evo vs ZO6 still has NOTHING to do with WRX, or Subaru...

Admit it, the real reason you need to post this here is because we have a vibrant community. What you are really saying is: "Even though I drive a faster car, I wish I was driving a WRX, because those people are much cooler"...
    Last edited by perfusionista; 12-15-2004 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista
    Admit it, the real reason you need to post this here is because we have a vibrant community. What you are really saying is: "Even though I drive a faster car, I wish I was driving a WRX, because those people are much cooler"...
    The only thing keeping me from thinking WRX owners as a group are "much cooler" is you.

If you didnt venture into this forum just to make stupid posts like the one above, you would know that TurboWill and myself have been here for quite some time. I guess it is a form of flattery, we like the people here.... but like I said..... with the exception of you.

Go away.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.