2005 WRX vs. 2005 RX-8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX vs. 2005 RX-8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey, another one of my 'ole wrx vs. (insert car here) threads My friend is gonna get a car, and ...

2005 WRX vs. 2005 RX-8

hey, another one of my 'ole wrx vs. (insert car here) threads

My friend is gonna get a car, and he claims that he's gona get a BMW 6 series or M3 for straight A's cuase his parents promised him any car, but im sure that's a lie since i've been to his house, and its mad ghetto, plus his parents are paying off two full college tuitions for Princeton and Brown (his brothers go there) when reality kicks in, h'es not gonna like it one bit.

anyways

im trying to suggest a car that's reasonable in terms of performance and price, compared to an SRT-4, WRX, and S4. I want to suggest a car so that when we race on the track, we'll race to see who's the better driver

Which car would you guys suggest?
    i was thinkin Celica gts, RSX type-s, RX-8... but tha'ts all i can think of

also

can the RX-8 6-speed keep up with the WRX? or is it the other way around, can a WRX keep up with an RX-8 lol

here are some specs for the Rx-8 6 speed:
    1.3-liter RENESIS 2-rotor, 6-intake-port, Rotary Engine, N/A(naturally aspirated)
    238 hp @ 8500 RPM
    159 lb. ft. @ 5500 RPM
    Curb Weight: 3029 lbs.
    Rear Wheel Drive

WRX specs:
    2.0 liter Boxer flat four engine turbocharged
    227 hp @ 6000 RPM
    217lb. ft. @ 5500 RPM
    Curb Weight: 3085 lbs.
    All Wheel Drive

thanks in advance for the help you guys are always a huge help
    Last edited by Bertbert2oo6; 12-14-2004 at 09:22 PM.
    Straightaways are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    You are going to try to drag race people with a V6 Mustang? Dude, get the GT please, dont embarrass yourself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX will beat a RX-8. Also the WRX will be cheaper to mod.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

The rx8 dynos 170rwhp. So you take 238 and turn it into 210 at the crank or less.

If he wants a quick luxury sedan, the Legacy GT is always a good choice!

It's cheaper than anything with a snob label and shares all the fun Subaru mods.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

yeah, get the subaru legacy gt... i wouldn't mind one... if i wasn't so damn interested in that crossfire srt-6 damnit. hmmm....

i need to start sticking with one car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

yes get the new legacy's those are P.I.M.P
    2005 Aspen White WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Bertbert2oo6
    hey, another one of my 'ole wrx vs. (insert car here) threads

My friend is gonna get a car, and he claims that he's gona get a BMW 6 series or M3 for straight A's cuase his parents promised him any car, but im sure that's a lie since i've been to his house, and its mad ghetto, plus his parents are paying off two full college tuitions for Princeton and Brown (his brothers go there) when reality kicks in, h'es not gonna like it one bit.
    i smell jealousy there.

just j/k

I Support ClubWRX
    but im sure that's a lie since i've been to his house, and its mad ghetto, plus his parents are paying off two full college tuitions for Princeton and Brown (his brothers go there) when reality kicks in, h'es not gonna like it one bit.
    You're sure this is a friend then? Mad ghetto comments and all....luxury or not is a matter of preference and not necessarily how much money one has.
    First, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.....and your own proclamation of his parents completely funding their childrens education at top notch institutions would suggest they aren't poor.....

Another point....trackdays are not about racing each other...do certain stupid things and you might get thrown out. About seeing who's a better driver? Then get the same car, put the same mods or simply join a one make series....

Quote Originally Posted by schischwein
    You're sure this is a friend then? Mad ghetto comments and all....luxury or not is a matter of preference and not necessarily how much money one has.
    First, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.....and your own proclamation of his parents completely funding their childrens education at top notch institutions would suggest they aren't poor.....

Another point....trackdays are not about racing each other...do certain stupid things and you might get thrown out. About seeing who's a better driver? Then get the same car, put the same mods or simply join a one make series....

the point was that my friends and I do not get the same cars, we want variety but also want cars that are comparable to each other in performance...

i think track days are different for everyone, for my friends and I, its gonna be about who is the better driver, and we're not gonna do "certain stupid things" in fact, i don't even know what you're talking about... we're NOT a group of people looking for trouble, we're looking for fun.

however, the mentality behind paying for the tuitions was that they have to pay about $160,000 PER kid, that makes $320,000 total for both guys. If someone has to pay that much college money, that does NOT make them richer lol.... if anything, it makes them poor-er... in fact, he's sitting right next to me, and he just told me that his parents are paying every single dollar. his brothers did not receive any financial aid whatsoever.
    not only that, on top of the $320,000 getting my friend a BMW would cost another $50,000+ and i think his parents are more wise than dropping that much money for a car that he's gonna use for less than a year. he hasn't even gotten his license yet!!

but i DO agree in fact, taht i shouldn't just judge a book by its cover, maybe he his rents have 1 million dollars in the bank that no one knows about
    Last edited by Bertbert2oo6; 12-15-2004 at 11:47 AM.
    Straightaways are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    You are going to try to drag race people with a V6 Mustang? Dude, get the GT please, dont embarrass yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    WRX will beat a RX-8. Also the WRX will be cheaper to mod.
    THE RX 8 IS SUPER SLOW // I WOULD NEVER GET THAT THING...LOOKS NICE BUT LACKS ANY POWER !
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

the point was that my friends and I do not get the same cars, we want variety but also want cars that are comparable to each other in performance...

i think track days are different for everyone, for my friends and I, its gonna be about who is the better driver, and we're not gonna do "certain stupid things" in fact, i don't even know what you're talking about... we're NOT a group of people looking for trouble, we're looking for fun.

however, the mentality behind paying for the tuitions was that they have to pay about $160,000 PER kid, that makes $320,000 total for both guys. If someone has to pay that much college money, that does NOT make them richer lol.... if anything, it makes them poor-er... in fact, he's sitting right next to me, and he just told me that his parents are paying every single dollar. his brothers did not receive any financial aid whatsoever.
    not only that, on top of the $320,000 getting my friend a BMW would cost another $50,000+ and i think his parents are more wise than dropping that much money for a car that he's gonna use for less than a year. he hasn't even gotten his license yet!!
    Gian - '06 Aspen White STi
    My site.

hes 16? i hope he doesnt wreck his car... with everything given to him like that i hope he appreciates what he gets... your his freind, make him appreciate it.

I test drove an RX8 last Saturday. I must say that I REALLY liked driving that car. Might not be the right car for a total horsepower freak.

Bottom line is that it was quick, handled terrifically, had good comfort and looks, etc.

Typical Mazda. Light on power but heavy on handling. It would be a fun car around a track. A stock WRX can't keep up with a RX8's handling, but an RX8 would stuggle to keep up with a WRX's power.

That being said, I'd drive one in a heart beat, if I ever had to make an immediate car buying decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    I test drove an RX8 last Saturday. I must say that I REALLY liked driving that car. Might not be the right car for a total horsepower freak.

Bottom line is that it was quick, handled terrifically, had good comfort and looks, etc.

Typical Mazda. Light on power but heavy on handling. It would be a fun car around a track. A stock WRX can't keep up with a RX8's handling, but an RX8 would stuggle to keep up with a WRX's power.

That being said, I'd drive one in a heart beat, if I ever had to make an immediate car buying decision.
    It has no chance against a stock wrx... i ran against my buddy and i had 3-4 lengths on him at 110 KM...

Its a nice car and handles well but i would get a G35c or a 350z over it anyday
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

RX8 is apparently a "hot" car: http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=47717

<---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.