2005 WRX vs. 2005 RX-8 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX vs. 2005 RX-8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrxhunter It has no chance against a stock wrx... i ran against my buddy and i had ...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter
    It has no chance against a stock wrx... i ran against my buddy and i had 3-4 lengths on him at 110 KM...

Its a nice car and handles well but i would get a G35c or a 350z over it anyday
    Different cars, I guess. Having the most horsepower isn't the most important thing to me. Personally, I enjoy "momentum" cars when I'm on the track. I like having to keep the RPM's up and maintain speed through the corners to be fast down the straight, etc...

I dunno, the RX8 just kind of spoke to me when I drove it. The 350z / G35 are very nice cars, but they seem a little porky to me. I can sense their bulk. They do have a sweet motor, though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by snowcat
    RX8 is apparently a "hot" car: http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=47717

OMG TEH BRITNEY mObIle si Teh on FyrE!

I'm really starting to dig the looks of those cars, but .. . the powers just not there.

I wouldn't lump the RX-8 in the same category as the WRX. Base price is around a WRX, but with any options at all it's closer to STi territory. I have yet to hear of any engine mods for the RX-8, so he'd be stuck with a torqueless engine and great handling. I would think that a 16 year old would be more impressed with horsepower and accelleration than handling; I know I was, and I still am to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcat
    RX8 is apparently a "hot" car: http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=47717

There you go.....

Zoom Zoom BBOOMM !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bone138
    I wouldn't lump the RX-8 in the same category as the WRX. Base price is around a WRX, but with any options at all it's closer to STi territory. I have yet to hear of any engine mods for the RX-8, so he'd be stuck with a torqueless engine and great handling. I would think that a 16 year old would be more impressed with horsepower and accelleration than handling; I know I was, and I still am to this day.
    I've heard tell on the rx8 forums of people getting 04's for 2k under invoice... That's more what those rides should be priced at. If the RX8 manual tranny version was about 21k then that would be the right price for the power, build, and handling.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

My friend has an RX-8 and I can say while it may not be the fastest thing on the road its a blast to drive. It looks fantastic and the interior is very nice. If I would have had the money I would have considered it over my SRT-4.
    2004 Dodge SRT-4

I know a guy who has a RX-8 and an 05 Subaru Legacy GT. Both have their advantages, but the RX-8 is more expensive to maintain and I am addicted to the torque of my GT. I like the styling of the RX-8 but have not driven one.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.