Left a brand new m3 owner scratching his head
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Left a brand new m3 owner scratching his head within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yesterday I was rolling on the highway on route to a buddy's shop when I noticed a mean looking BMW ...

Left a brand new m3 owner scratching his head

Yesterday I was rolling on the highway on route to a buddy's shop when I noticed a mean looking BMW coming up behind me. As it got closer I new it was a black E46 M3. He came up on my left and as he got even with me I looked over but couldnt see through his dark tint. As he pulled up a bit I did notice 30 day dealer tags. "this is going to be fun"

I let him get a little ahead of me then dropped it in third to get his attention. I did a quick flyby to see if he was game. He stayed back for a little while but soon enough he was passing me on the right (a third lane opened up). I followed hot on his tail but had to let off a couple times so as not to rear end him.

We played cat and mouse a few times until there was a clearing up ahead and he came charging up behind me. I saw him coming so I threw it in third again and hammered it. I let off around 120-125 and he was a couple busses behind me. I know he kept on it the way he was passing the slow lane traffic.

We both got off onto the beltline and he rolled down his window, "Jesus, that thing gets up and moves!" I thanked him and told him he had a nice looking car. (Anyone who doesnt think a ablack/black E46 M3 is a good looking car needs to check their pulse.)

After that we parted ways. I couldnt help but wonder what he was thinking when a neon was pulling on him hardcore.

Oh, and btw....here is a little compliation of some videos and pics of my car that I threw together the other night. Just some highlights form the past couple months.

PLEASE RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE, AS

http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/SILVERSCOOBY.wmv

and....

http://www.mvdsl.com/~fabian/video/SILVERSCOOBY.wmv
    Last edited by silverscooby; 12-14-2004 at 09:03 PM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill! I'm about to watch the vids.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

It's the same vid but on two servers. Last time with the Z06 video we went through 15,000 downloads in one day and it killed our server. Hopefully two servers will take the load off some.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

I figured that, since both had the same file name. Nice vid and editing btw.

When I saw you lined up against that civic I thought it was a bit unfair, but the civic had some get-up-and-go itself. Do you remember what it ran?
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Nice vid silver. So what did that civic run? He looked close.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

He ran a 11.66@120. It's the fastest seventh gen civic in the country. Built K20A motor, SC61 turbo, yadda yadda.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

That's one fast civic!
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by silverscooby
    He ran a 11.66@120. It's the fastest seventh gen civic in the country. Built K20A motor, SC61 turbo, yadda yadda.
    Ah...nice. K20 motor is the new thing with those cars.

J-H
    I am jealous....I WISH I had that SRT....man your car is soooo freaking fast...

JH
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Nice Kill!!
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

LOL that response was precious, I love when the cheaper and hence supposed to be slow beat on the elite of motor world..... but yeah M3 is an awesome car, I wish I could afford one someday.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

how about them
    benz kompressor?
    my dad has one 2005
    and it's 1.8L superhcharger.
    pretty fast from how i drove..
    =)
    03' C i

gfx
    silverscooby, how much do you have invested in your SRT-4 if I may ask?

If not, still.. I love your car
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gfxwrx

My car shots taken with my Canon 300D dSLR

Quote Originally Posted by gfx
    silverscooby, how much do you have invested in your SRT-4 if I may ask?

If not, still.. I love your car
    4k or so in engine stuff. Another grand or so in suspension.

Hey, do you have a friend with a yellow SRT-4? If so, he posted some pics of your car and his. I must say that your WRX is one of the nicest looking 02-03's I've seen. Very clean!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

good job man that's pretty crazy i actually have a similar story i was cruising down an anonymous street near my house and i heard a pretty nice exhaust coming from behind me he pulled up it was a 01 or 02 M3 i was driving my subaru he pulled up in front of my going about 60 i was just cruisin the normal 40 and he stopped at a red and i pulled next to him, some younger looking kid i figured why not he probably cant drive that thing anyways and he reved on me so i chirped and beat him off the line he caught up in top of 2nd gear then once i dropped gears i was off i had about a full car length on him then i pulled off down my street and that was it. I was satisfied he pulled up next to my car and wanted another race so i told him this weekend at a track ( because i dont usually speed on residential streets) and so we are going to meet up there ill get you that info after i smoke him again this weekend

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.