2005 WRX vs. 2005 MUSTANG
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX vs. 2005 MUSTANG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Honestly, i admit that im a n00b when it comes to horsepower/torque/RPM's.... ect. BUT ANYWAYS, HERES MY QUESTION: Which would ...

2005 WRX vs. 2005 MUSTANG

Honestly, i admit that im a n00b when it comes to horsepower/torque/RPM's.... ect.

BUT ANYWAYS, HERES MY QUESTION:

Which would win, a stock WRX or stock MUSTANG assuming that both driver's are equally skilled... i just wanna know if i can own my friend in a drag race

Here are some numbers.

2005 Mustang w/ Premium Package (not GT):
    Engine: V6 4.0 Liter
    5-speed Automatic Transmission
    240 lb. torque @ 3500 RPM
    210 horsepower @ 5250 RPM
    Curb Weight: 3300 lbs.

2005 WRX:
    Engine: Flat Four 2.0 Liter Intercooled Turbocharged
    5-speed Manual Transmission
    217 lb. torque @ 4000 RPM
    227 horsepower @ 6000 RPM
    Curb Weight: 3085 lbs.

i hope that's enough to make a conclusion...
    oh, and im aware that if we're racing, and there is a turn, the WRX will leave the STANG in the dust...

thanks for the help in advance
    Last edited by Bertbert2oo6; 12-10-2004 at 10:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i dont think you should get a wrx as a first car no matter what, thats just me. I had straight A's and was lucky to get a honda. Anyways, i believe a stock rex would definitely eat a v6 mustang. GT would be a different story.

whoa, that was a quick reply, thanks!!

i'm aware that the GT would be completely different, that's why i tried to emphasize the
    "NOT GT" lol
    Last edited by Bertbert2oo6; 12-10-2004 at 10:54 PM.

From a dig, the WRX will win, I think thats fairly obvious.
    From a roll, maybe closer.
    Of course, from a potential standpoint, I'd wager the WRX has that edge.

I'd also go look/drive the mustang. Unless its a GT, they look pretty ugly. Seem very high off the ground, although thats just my opinion.

You can stop reading here, cause now I'm gonna rant...

First off, you should try and get A's regardless of what carrots your parents dangle in front of you. Secondly, anyone who gets a $25,000 car for simply getting good grades is spoiled, there just isn't any other way to say it. Third, any parent who would put a car like a WRX or Mustang in a 16yr old (presumably male) hands are either very stupid, or very careless (or both).

Not to mention a 16yr old who is asking which one will beat his buddy in a drag race.
    2004 Java Black Pearl STI
    Shocks... Pegs... Lucky.

Wrx
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

i'm spoiled like a bia! they bought me a brand new civic when i turned 16 and i got almost everything i wanted. the good thing is as i got older i didnt take it for granted. i'm still living with them but i'm paying everything for myself and bought my wrx with my own money. they paid my phone bill credit card clothes everything. i came into it myself and decided to get myself through life.

but 16 and a new car...i got into 4-5 accidents with my civic. civic turned into a beater in no time. but u really gotta develope ur driving skills and be confident in driving. i can't stress it enuf how wreckless i was when i was younger, i'm 21 now and it scares me to think how stupid i drove when i was younger (coulda really hurt someone)

oh yea i think the rex would win from a stop (no brainer)
    but from a roll i think the stang might be even if not pull

didnt notice it was an auto...wrx all the way but seeing that ur 16 and can't drive well...

edit: meh....nm......zzzzzzzzz
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

the wrx dominate the v6 stang regardless of tranny. a GT and a wrx would prob be on par. There isn't a lot of solid 1/4 times to determine what the GT will run stock. It has been tested at a mid 13 and a low 14. The mid 13 could've been factory freak, who knows.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

stock for stock gt would kill the rex from a roll i got first hand experience from that.

YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!

Kids should not be allowed to own 'high performance' cars. Yes, I know you're more responsible and a better driver than the rest of them.. somehow they all are. I sure as hell thought I was.

I Support ClubWRX
    The Subie should own the V6 stang at any speed. For the GT they've gotten some pretty nice 0-60mph numbers so I think it would be close up until about 80mph or so and then after that the GT's 4-5mph faster trap speed would start to walk the Rex a bit.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

will take the WRX anyday.!!!
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

oh, and im aware that if we're racing, and there is a turn, the WRX will leave the STANG in the dust...
    I'd do a little more research about the 2005 mustang before making a comment like that.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

the 05 stangs are good for 13.7's at 105mph... too much thrust for a stock wrx
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.