2005 WRX vs. 2005 MUSTANG - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX vs. 2005 MUSTANG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by racinready300ex Or sell my wrx get a GT through on a supercharger and smoke 98% or the ...

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    Or sell my wrx get a GT through on a supercharger and smoke 98% or the wrx's on the road. It take's alot to get the little wrx to trap over 100 mph like the GT does stock. In fact there trap speeds are pretty close to STi level. 100-104 or so.

I just think there cool looking, before the 05 I wouldn't have owned a mustang. But, ford hit the nail on the head in my book.

I figure with gears, exhaust, ecu flash 12's should be pretty easy. Not as fast as my wrx, but once I add a supercharger there will be no looking back.
    my friend's new mustang took a while to grow on me. At first i was like.. "Wtf is that piece....?"

but now i look at it, and i kinda like it. i still prefer the '03-'04 mustang look though
    i cna't wait to get my rex and own him in a race
    Straightaways are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    You are going to try to drag race people with a V6 Mustang? Dude, get the GT please, dont embarrass yourself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You are going to try to drag race people with a V6 Mustang? Dude, get the GT please, dont embarrass yourself.

LOL, the "get the GT please, don't embarass yourself" was ****ign hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by cojo428
    I'm a big mustang fan, (obviously) and the new 2005's look good.
    Your stable had me at the '66 and continued to wow me all the way to the WRX. <3!!!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I read something recently that the 05 V6 Stang does the 1/4 in 15.1 or somewhere around there. Definetly would get whipped by a WRX, assuming stock for stock and equal drivers/conditions.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Quote Originally Posted by StngStr
    I read something recently that the 05 V6 Stang does the 1/4 in 15.1 or somewhere around there. Definetly would get whipped by a WRX, assuming stock for stock and equal drivers/conditions.
    Yeah, but I bet a auto vs auto would be close. It sounds like thouse 5 spd auto are pretty decent.

VR4
    Its a V6 mustang... no matter how much horsepower they put out, it will always find a way to be slow as hell.

My first car was a 94 v6 mustang. It was always such a mystery to me how a 3.8L block made only 140hp and still managed to blow up all the time (3 engines in 1.5 yrs).
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

Quote Originally Posted by StngStr
    a recent car and driver i read had a page on the EXACT car my friend has: an automatic 2005 mustang w/ premium options

i don't rember much...
    curb weight approx. : 3,450
    Horsepower: 210
    Torque: 240
    0-60: 7.1? or maybe it was 6.1
    0-100 19.0 <-- this i am sure of
    top speed: 112(governor limited)

awful awful awful stats. the chevy cobalt specs made the mustang look like a piece of sh!t

lesson: don't buy a V6 mustang....

I test drove a new Mustang GT 5mt today. Those things are quick. I'm fairly confident that my Cobb Stage 2 WRX could take it, but a stock WRX would have no chance regardless of circumstances. I know this is a little off topic, but I was just very impressed with the 05 Mustang GT, and I hate Mustangs.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Bertbert2oo6

lesson: don't buy a V6 mustang....

The lesson should be if you want a performace car buy the GT, that's why they make it. The V6 is for those who want a mustang but don't need the v8 power. So to sum it up V6's are for chicks.

He speaks the truf

V6 F-bodies and Mustangs are chick cars, and they have no performance potential whatsoever. I remember some fool with a 3.8L Firebird on LS1tech.com about a year back, talking about how he was running high 11s. He was boosting the **** out of his motor with a blower and spraying a 50-shot on top of it to hit those times..

gh3y
    2002 WRX Sedan
    Aspen White 5MT... bone stock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123