wrx vs integra type r
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

This is a discussion on wrx vs integra type r within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi im new here and i was just wondering who would win in a 1/4 mile race wrx or integra ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    4

    wrx vs integra type r

    hi im new here
    and i was just wondering who would win in a 1/4 mile race
    wrx or integra type r

    thanks in advance

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    21

    Talking

    You gotta be kiddi'n me!! Integra type R?? If it not the Jap version, you should smoke him dude!!

  4. #3
    Registered User EIonJess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    269
    Originally posted by WRXRacer02
    You gotta be kiddi'n me!! Integra type R?? If it not the Jap version, you should smoke him dude!!
    I agree!! if you launch your WRX off the line the way it should be the Integra won't stand any chance!

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    40
    Originally posted by WRXRacer02
    You gotta be kiddi'n me!! Integra type R?? If it not the Jap version, you should smoke him dude!!
    The difference between the USDM and JDM is less than 5whp.. it's not gonna make a difference.
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    314
    In a drag race with a good launch, yes the wrx will win. But I don't think a stock wrx can hang from a roll to 100mph.

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    40
    Stock vs. stock, should be dead even on a roll. Both the WRX and ITR seem to trap between 93-95mph bone stock. Granted, a simple AEM CAI seems to make a world of difference for some ITR's as guys have consistently clicked off 14.0 @ 98-99mph in AEM equipped ITR's, but the norm is about the same as a WRX.
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    50
    What'd kind of saddening is, that we need .2 liters more displacement plus a turbo to hang with a ITR. But then again, we'd kill even the most modified all motor ITR with just a boost controller. Heh

  9. #8
    Registered User BamBooI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    1,026
    We don't have valve timing either. We are fatter with no valve timing!

  10. #9
    Registered User TurboWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Morgantown, WV (WVU)
    Posts
    837
    WRX vs. Integra Type R

    that's what happened when i raced one from a roll (before i got my exhaust)
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    40
    Originally posted by BozzWRX
    What'd kind of saddening is, that we need .2 liters more displacement plus a turbo to hang with a ITR. But then again, we'd kill even the most modified all motor ITR with just a boost controller. Heh
    Yea.. well.. you're also 400+lbs heavier!
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

  12. #11
    Moderator TypeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,249
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by VTC_CiViC
    Stock vs. stock, should be dead even on a roll. Both the WRX and ITR seem to trap between 93-95mph bone stock. Granted, a simple AEM CAI seems to make a world of difference for some ITR's as guys have consistently clicked off 14.0 @ 98-99mph in AEM equipped ITR's, but the norm is about the same as a WRX.
    Not this again. 99.9999% of ITR's with Intake will run 14.8-15.2. If you want to go to the smal percentage, there are several people who have run 13.5 multiple times with just a $4mbc (typical time is 13.8). Let's not quote the minority here. Most ITR's will trap LOW 90's stock, and mid 90's with I/H/E (like 95-96). I ran 14.2@95 stock fwiw.

    What'd kind of saddening is, that we need .2 liters more displacement plus a turbo to hang with a ITR.
    Not really, the car weights nearly 600lbs more than an ITR, has an 8.0:1 CR vs the ITR's 10.6:1, much longer gearing (thank you Subaru ), and it's THAT aerodynamic. That's like saying the Mustang Cobra ('97-98) runs the similar times as the WRX so it's pathetic. Different cars for different realms.

    In my personal experience, there ITR isn't even close to a stock WRX. This is from rolls. I never raced one from a 100 punch when stock though. Even S2000's are a joke now (modded as well).
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    40
    Originally posted by TypeC


    Not this again. 99.9999% of ITR's with Intake will run 14.8-15.2. If you want to go to the smal percentage, there are several people who have run 13.5 multiple times with just a $4mbc (typical time is 13.8). Let's not quote the minority here. Most ITR's will trap LOW 90's stock, and mid 90's with I/H/E (like 95-96). I ran 14.2@95 stock fwiw.

    I'm NOT quoting the minority, infact quite the opposite. A stock Type R running a 15.2 is about the rough equivalent to a stock WRX running a 14.8, but i'm sure you'd argue that being a valid time.. wouldn't you. The avg. time for a well driven ITR is 14.7-14.9 @ 93-94mph EASILY... hell I've pulled numerous 92mph traps in my '99 GS-R, which even with my intake is nowhere near an ITR. Seems to me like your bent on pulling the 'lesser' times for the Type R while quoting the quiker the of 2 for the WRX.

    Me personally, I've seen not 1, but 2 WRX's (they were there together) pulling 14.4-14.5 bone stock, that's all of .2-.4 off what I see ITR's pull all day at Moroso... fwiw.

    BTW, you of all people should know, AA along with a few other ITR's have pulled 98+mph traps with nothing but an intake.
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

  14. #13
    Moderator TypeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,249
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by VTC_CiViC


    I'm NOT quoting the minority, infact quite the opposite. A stock Type R running a 15.2 is about the rough equivalent to a stock WRX running a 14.8, but i'm sure you'd argue that being a valid time.. wouldn't you. The avg. time for a well driven ITR is 14.7-14.9 @ 93-94mph EASILY... hell I've pulled numerous 92mph traps in my '99 GS-R, which even with my intake is nowhere near an ITR. Seems to me like your bent on pulling the 'lesser' times for the Type R while quoting the quiker the of 2 for the WRX.

    Me personally, I've seen not 1, but 2 WRX's (they were there together) pulling 14.4-14.5 bone stock, that's all of .2-.4 off what I see ITR's pull all day at Moroso... fwiw.

    BTW, you of all people should know, AA along with a few other ITR's have pulled 98+mph traps with nothing but an intake.
    Ok, How many tegs have you had? How many have you worked on/built? Now, what were your times when you ran a WRX down the 1/4? Not only have I actually had the cars in question (or eq), and worked on or built the said cars (for me, friends, or customers), I've been going to the strip since the ITR came out. Not touting my own horn but I KNOW Hondas.

    99.99999% of ITR's will run btwn 14.9-15.2 here in South Texas (I've heard of a 14.5, but never saw it). If it was faster I would say so. After all, I still consider myself a Honda guy first, so I have no reason to lie. The best stock GSR time here is 15.5 that I've seen. Acceleration isn't just 1/4 trap speeds. AWD and gearing can be quite decieving when using paper stats.

    A yr ago, what was I saying? "The ITR would OWN a WRX, just look at the trap speed." As soon as I drove one I knew I was a magazine racing dumbass. I can admit that (in this one instance). That being said, I can confidently say I'm not biased. I think DarkRex will remember that one.

    And yes, I can run 14.2 multiple times in a row in a WRX (14.1 has been done, but I didn't bring it up as it's hard to do). Show me someone running 14.6 consistantly in an ITR here. Perhaps it's the humididy (>80%), the heat (95+), or the elevation (700ft), but there is an obvious difference in ITR and WRX acceleration where I live. A 14.8 is like a 15.8 in an ITR (I see idiots do that all the time ).

    At anyrate, we all agree the WRX is faster stock for stock, and mod for mod it isn't even close.

    Glad we can be civil unlike other "___ vs all" boards.

    -C
    Last edited by TypeC; 09-04-2002 at 01:08 PM.
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    40
    Well if it's experience your asking for, I've had/have 2 GS-R's under my belt along with spending 4 years on my Civic, wether or not I 'know' Honda's as well as you however I feel is irrelevant in this discussion because we're speaking of the sum of the process, the 1/4 mile times each car is running. How extensivley you know when vs. me, I really don't know nor do I honestly care, I mean hell.. I never said I was a walking encycopedia Honda. I *have* however had lots of track expereince over the past 5 years on a personal level, so I'm very confident on the times I report.

    You're absoultey right about the ITR times, I see a 14.8-15.2 as an avg. here at Moroso, I have a buddy in N.J. with a '98 R on the other hand whose turned consistent 14.5-14.6's with nothing but an AEM, so for me it's catch 22... yea I know they run it, just haven't seen it 1st hand (though my friend is obviously not lying to me). As for the WRX, like I said earlier, I only saw 2 confirmed stock WRX's at the track, both turning 14.4-14.5 consistently, which puts them on avg. less than half a second quicker (stock vs. stock) than the same stock ITR's i've seen. The real question was trap speed though, and like I said, I've pulled numerous 91-92mph traps on my near stock GS-R, with ITR's pulling an easy 3-4mph faster, so maybe it is indeed the climate/alittude you run at, but at least at Moroso, an ITR pulling a 14.9 @ 95mph is a pretty good rough avg, and about 2-3mph faster than the stock Scooby's I witnessed..

    Just my .02
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

  16. #15
    Moderator TypeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,249
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by VTC_CiViC
    Well if it's experience your asking for, I've had/have 2 GS-R's under my belt along with spending 4 years on my Civic, wether or not I 'know' Honda's as well as you however I feel is irrelevant in this discussion because we're speaking of the sum of the process, the 1/4 mile times each car is running. How extensivley you know when vs. me, I really don't know nor do I honestly care, I mean hell.. I never said I was a walking encycopedia Honda. I *have* however had lots of track expereince over the past 5 years on a personal level, so I'm very confident on the times I report.

    You're absoultey right about the ITR times, I see a 14.8-15.2 as an avg. here at Moroso, I have a buddy in N.J. with a '98 R on the other hand whose turned consistent 14.5-14.6's with nothing but an AEM, so for me it's catch 22... yea I know they run it, just haven't seen it 1st hand (though my friend is obviously not lying to me). As for the WRX, like I said earlier, I only saw 2 confirmed stock WRX's at the track, both turning 14.4-14.5 consistently, which puts them on avg. less than half a second quicker (stock vs. stock) than the same stock ITR's i've seen. The real question was trap speed though, and like I said, I've pulled numerous 91-92mph traps on my near stock GS-R, with ITR's pulling an easy 3-4mph faster, so maybe it is indeed the climate/alittude you run at, but at least at Moroso, an ITR pulling a 14.9 @ 95mph is a pretty good rough avg, and about 2-3mph faster than the stock Scooby's I witnessed..

    Just my .02
    Indeed. At least we agree that the average ITR run is 14.9-15.2. You admit to not seeing my WRX runs, so the average you see isn't really that conclusive.

    Tell you the truth, I see so many bad WRX drivers it makes me sick. At the street races, a buddy of mine lets a Neon(!!!) and a ZX-2 get hole shot on him and beat him the entire run (he is stock). I felt like puking because it's all driver (he ran consistant 15's, yet put down one of the highest stock dyno's ever).

    Me on the other hand, I quickly learned that running LS1's, FD's, Supras, and 5.0's is the way to go (meaning if you race faster cars all the time, you'll set better goals and actually drive the car) and held my own even with mbc.

    Rock on.
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •