fun night
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on fun night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am new to this forum and it is my first kill story post. Just a bit of a background: ...

fun night

I am new to this forum and it is my first kill story post. Just a bit of a background: I live in a small city of Kingston (Ontario), where local folks don’t know much about WRX, so I often get those “wtf”-type looks when they see my blue wagon (which, btw, is still 100% stock).All my speed numbers are in m/h for your convenience.

Tonight I went for a short ride just to get some fresh air and to do a few chores (which are always fun when you drive scooby).

So, I am at the red light and I see two xeon lights approaching very fast.
    It turned out to be a riced-up Civic – stickers all over, a coffee-can exhaust, and a moose-head looking spoiler. Light turns green and I do not want to play with him, so I did a mercy-killing without even bothering to launch fast – 1st, 2nd, it’s over…

Later I am driving my usual 50 at 40 zone and I see in a rear mirror a z28 of an older generation (80-ish?). This dude passes me driving at least 2 speed limits and he changes to my lane without signaling (don’t you hate it?). Well, now I have to change my lane too… We catch a red light and, at green, I jump a car ahead, but we are approaching another red, so we have to stop. Seems to me like a pretty stock z28 without stickers, blue lights, or any other “performance boosters”. I am in the right lane, so I decided to talk to his passenger. He starts first - “Hey, nice car you drive, you’ve got a nitro?” – “No, its got a turbo engine and it is an all-wheel drive, so I can make a pretty fast launch, but you would own me after 90; Yours is pretty powerful car, is it V-8?” – “Yes, do you want to try again?” – “Sure!”
    Then I realized that I forgot to ask him about his mods, but, what the hell, even if he is going to kill me, it would still be fun. So, while I am thinking all that, the light turns green and, damn, I launch around 2k, so he pulls a car or two ahead of me. Well, I just wanted to keep the gap constant, but, to my big surprise, I catch him up by the end of my second, and pull at least three cars by the end of my third! I wish I had a camera to capture his facial expression - “wtf??? wagon???” At this point I decided to shut it down since we already were going close to 100… I did, but the z28 was still working hard and, to my surprise, he did this fly-by trick… Anyway, the guy took a left turn on the next light, even though the road ahead was empty and we had a perfect opportunity to go all the way – we are in a remote industrial area and, approximately a mile ahead, there is a highway entrance.

OK, I am turning back thinking “that’s it, time to go home”. On my way back I pass a busy residential street, so I keep with the traffic. And then (not again!) I see that 10-12 cars behind me a riced-up Celica is trying hard to get through the traffic cutting others on its way. When the road opens up and most of the traffic is gone, the Celica slows down and drives right next to me to and we stop at red light. Hmm, either he’s got some substantial mods, or he just wants to race WRX to see how bad he would lose? Well, according to his “performance enhancing” stickers and white-black body colours seems like he belongs to the second group. We don’t have enough time to chat, and I see his passenger checking my tires. It turns green and I make a decent 4k launch, and I experience what can be described as a relativity experiment - the car next to you stands still, relative to you… Not even close…

I follow clubwrx posts since last winter and I do enjoy reading your stories.

Cheers everyone,
    Vlad

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice kills!!! That was entertaining to read. And great kill on the z28, I'd love to have seen that dude's face!!

Wagon.......pulling me????.....huh????

Nice kills! What mods do you think the Z28 had, if any? I know you didn't get a chance to ask him, any ideas?

-Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Talking

so what were the chores you have to do again?

happy motoring...BlueMax

Thanks,

so what were the chores you have to do again?

Chores? What chores?... Oh year, had to return a video.
    It shouldn't take longer than 3min, but the trip takes at least 20min... but my wife doesn't mind.

Josh, I didn't notice any visible mods and it was dark already. I think many z28 owners around here have a MacLaren F1 attitude
    - "my car needs no mods to dominate".

A few days ago I gave a ride to my neighbor. He praised my car and said that he read somewhere that these car must be realy fast. Well, I said, it is not c5, but it is a pretty quick and great handling car. At one point (when it was safe to do) I floored it and he was “impreZZed”. To our amusement a car in the right lane (I think it was Intrepid according to its size and shape) took it wrong thinking we want to race him, so I heard his engine screaming and he missesed a red light... I should probably pay more attention to my immediate surrounding.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.