pt cruiser turbo?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on pt cruiser turbo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here is another story you can take it with a grain of salt. I'm just telling it as it occured. ...

pt cruiser turbo?

Here is another story you can take it with a grain of salt. I'm just telling it as it occured. Driving back on the Saw Mill Parkway, I'm cruising in the left hand lane and a quick look in the rearview shows a PT flying behind me. But whats this I see on its hood, a scoop?! My first thought was maybe this is what the turbo PT's look like (scoop to cool an IC). So before he gets too close, I just take off and start flying through the twisties of the saw mill. I put like 10-12 cars initially and then resume a nice cruising speed until I see him come barreling closer, riding the center line, with the PT shaking to the left and right (not known for extreme handling, are they?). Close to my exit I just take off and he dissappears out of sight until I finally get to my exit. When I was turning off, I slowed down to a near stop (no other cars around) and waiting to see him pass by to maybe catch a glimpse of a "turbo" designation on the back of the car, but nothing. The windows were tinted up and the back sported a club logo, so I can only assume that if it didnt have a turbo or top IC, then the scoop was just for cosmetics/general cooling. And if it was a turbo, I wonder if the guy kept driving to the nearest Subaru dealership to trade the PT in for a WRX.

Enjoy. and Flame as usual.

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Saw Mill is a great parkway. The best highway around here to race on is 684. Man, I would love to catch some cars at the beginning of a mile and a half straight.

Well, being that I sell Chrysler and Dodge, I had the opportunity to drive a new PT Pruiser Turbo. It was an autostick. I have to admit, it is a quick car. It pulls hard. Best part is it comes with a blow off valve, so it has the cool swoosh sound when you pull your foot off the gas. I have not driven a WRX in a little while so I cannot make a direct comparison to one. However, I would say it is in the same acceleration ballpark as my S4. It may be a tad bit slower, but not much. And the PT Turbo does not have a hood scoop.

Sounds like a PT ricer..

i raced with one a month back. we were waiting on a light then and i was just minding my own business, then when the light turned green, he floored it. As soon as i hear his BOV, i floored it too. I started slightly later and we were dead even on 1 and 2. I started to pull on him on 3rd.
    I think its a pretty fast car!

oh btw i was on my s4

From the sound of it, it looks like it was just a rice mobile PT. But man was that guy trying hard to catch up. Driving the center line with the car swaying left and right. He coulda lost control at any minute if the road were a little more wet. It'd be interesting to see the specs of the turbo PT. I'd believe they are quick in a strait line race, but just how well can they handle when turning?

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Ever hear of the PT Crusher? I think someone was trying to put a V10 viper engine in a pt cruiser. Now THATS a sleeper...

Chrysler...try as they might...cannot make the PT Cruiser a worthy car. I mean after all its just a guised up Neon. Blagh!

hehe domestic rice...

fake bonnet scoop equiped cars are asking for a spanking

Originally posted by A1AOwnz
    Chrysler...try as they might...cannot make the PT Cruiser a worthy car. I mean after all its just a guised up Neon. Blagh!
    What makes the WRX so much better than a turbo PT or turbo Neon?

Nothing. Just import propaganda at work. The turbo PT only comes in autostick for now, until the getrag 5spd arrives (same engine/trans as the srt neon) 205hp.

VV

Originally posted by 2001S4

What makes the WRX so much better than a turbo PT or turbo Neon?

since you deal them.......take one for a test run......i'll meet you and we'll find out what sets subaru apart from chrysler! )
    DML

It could have been a s/c PT. It would be an aftermarket install though. There has been a successful V8 install into one, and it was a Hemi. A real big one. I saw one once about a year ago in my area. It had a HEMI badge on it. I have seen in some mags that there is a company that does the whole conversion, including a beefed up suspension and what not. I think it cost like $30,000.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by DarkMoonLord
    since you deal them.......take one for a test run......i'll meet you and we'll find out what sets subaru apart from chrysler! )
    DML
    I'm sorry, but this statement is completely arrogant. Imagine me saying come and let me show you what sets subaru and audi apart. I would never in my right mind make such a stupid remark. Yes I do sell them. Do I think they are the best cars on earth? No, as a matter of fact I don't, but they are respectable cars and the styling has leaped forward lightyears. I don't like the style of the PT Cruiser at all, however, I did take the turbo PT out for a ride and yes it IS quick. Sorry if that hurts your feelings knowing there is another kid on the block that can run with you. Is it as good a car as the WRX? Only time will tell. So sit back, RELAX, and enjoy the fact that there are some other cars that can compete with you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast