pt cruiser turbo? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on pt cruiser turbo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; That's a close minded thing to say. The Turbonetics Celica is FWD and runs 8s. And FWD outhandles RWD most ...

That's a close minded thing to say. The Turbonetics Celica is FWD and runs 8s. And FWD outhandles RWD most of the time in the twisties. I wouldn't say "I'd never buy this on a car". That's dumb. Guess what the fastest WRX is? That's right, its an autobox. Don't close yourself off to anything.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    That's a close minded thing to say. The Turbonetics Celica is FWD and runs 8s. And FWD outhandles RWD most of the time in the twisties. I wouldn't say "I'd never buy this on a car". That's dumb. Guess what the fastest WRX is? That's right, its an autobox. Don't close yourself off to anything.
    FWD outhandles RWD most of the time in the twisties??? You don't AutoX much, do ya? Close-minded? Give me a break. Most racers I know would laugh you out of a forum for saying something blatantly untrue like that. I guess if you are a huge fan of understeer, FWD is great. But it's far easier to induce controllable oversteer in a good RWD, always has been. Acceleration physics are on the side of RWD (which is why all the 5 sec and faster cars are RWD). Handling? How many FWD national winners in AutoX, F1, IRL, etc.. are there? Like zero. So don't tell me I'm "dumb". Take a history lesson in racing, pal.
    Last edited by KJ0813; 09-09-2002 at 07:12 PM.
    I own various Miatas and RX-7's in race trim
    One or two of them actually run now :-)
    Soon to posess a Scooby...

No. I don't auto x. I don't race. But I drive. I drive in the rain, in the snow, and in the dry. For %95 of the driving I do, I would rather have a FWD then RWD. How much of your driving time do you actually spend autoxing? Less than %1?

"...which is why all 5 sec and under cars are RWD." Not true either. As I was saying, that turbonetics Celica runs 8s at like 170 MPH, something like that.

And I didn't call you dumb. I think it is dumb when people are close minded. That's all.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

hehehe I drive a FWD Prelude and It is a really nice handling car.
    IMO Honda make the best FWD cars there are (alot of peole will debate this) but I would never consider my FWD lude in the same class as any of the real top performance cars. Really people should wake up and smell what they're shovelling when they say stuff like FWD handles better than RWD in the twisties.

I do feel FWD is easier to pull back a rear end that breaks loose than RWD doing the same thing but thats just me and probably the quality of the RWD cars i've drifted

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    No. I don't auto x. I don't race. But I drive. I drive in the rain, in the snow, and in the dry. For %95 of the driving I do, I would rather have a FWD then RWD. How much of your driving time do you actually spend autoxing? Less than %1?

"...which is why all 5 sec and under cars are RWD." Not true either. As I was saying, that turbonetics Celica runs 8s at like 170 MPH, something like that.

And I didn't call you dumb. I think it is dumb when people are close minded. That's all.

I myself do race quite a bit. I've been Autocrossing, Dragging, and Rallying for better than 12 years now. I am certainly not close-minded about anything related to cars. I would simply say that at the edges of what you can push a car to, you get more done with RWD or AWD. There is a reason that every supercar in the world, every pro Rally car, all F1, etc.. are either RWD (mostly) or AWD.

And I do know all about the Turbonetics 8-sec Celica. But that's 8 seconds. Not 7, 6, 5, or (oh yeah) 4. Granted, it's the fastest FWD out there, but it wouldn't hold a candle to the RWD's in the business. Hell, at my local track last weekend there were dozens of low 8 and mid 7 second RWD cars, nothing special either. Trust me, it just works better.

Since I do commute to downtown via train every day, you might be surprised how much of my driving is actually racing. Maybe not 75%, but probably around 50%...

Anyway, not really looking for a fight here. Just telling you that I think if you'd ever really pushed a good RWD car hard (like a Miata, Vette, Ferrari, etc), you would see that while FWD might be fine for most people on city streets, it falls far short for the true driving enthusiast.
    I own various Miatas and RX-7's in race trim
    One or two of them actually run now :-)
    Soon to posess a Scooby...

RWD Rules!

I've always enjoyed driving RWD cars. Most of the cars I grew up with are RWD. It's DEFINATELY better for drag racing, but I also enjoy getting the car sideways and then powering out of it. It's just so much fun with RWD.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

what IS it with this thread.....first 2001s4........now you all....dumb, closed minded......why the name calling? is this I-Club? lets try to learn something ,he!! even one of the moderators took a side against me because i wasnt sucking up to him like 2001s4 was.....let it go.......everyone has different tastes......mine run to MY car....which is cool......if you like a red pull wagon with fat tires........thats cool too......but not closed minded or dumb....can we get a REAL mod maybe to shut down this festival???
    out in peace,
    DML

Can't we all just get along?
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by DarkMoonLord
    what IS it with this thread.....first 2001s4........now you all....dumb, closed minded......why the name calling? is this I-Club? lets try to learn something ,he!! even one of the moderators took a side against me because i wasnt sucking up to him like 2001s4 was.....let it go.......everyone has different tastes......mine run to MY car....which is cool......if you like a red pull wagon with fat tires........thats cool too......but not closed minded or dumb....can we get a REAL mod maybe to shut down this festival???
    out in peace,
    DML
    Are you serious? Sucking up? I think EVERYONE here will agree I DO NOT suck up to anybody. My point is simple, to judge something that you have NEVER seen, NEVER been in, and have NO experience is basically just plain dumb. Not saying the PERSON who judges is dumb, but the act of judging is. I have driven WRXs, S4s, M3s, Mustangs, and a whole slew of other cars.
    I have also DRIVEN the turbo pt cruiser. I don't like the n/a pt cruiser that much, it isn't my personal taste, but it is not a bad car. The turbo pt cruiser however, was a blast to drive. I didn't even drive a manual one, just the automatic with the autostick. I believe that close-minded is making a decision on something you have no experience or knowledge of. You may have one of the two, but until you have both, don't make a final decision.

you ARE a piece of work! *laughing*
    adios........out

and you ARE a piece of something else. Try and figure it out on your own. OUT!!!

gee i wasnt going to stoop to the salesman level like that........but i guess you arent above it after all!!!!! *still laughing*
    *thinks 2k1s4 needs to RELAX*

Originally posted by DarkMoonLord
    gee i wasnt going to stoop to the salesman level like that........but i guess you arent above it after all!!!!! *still laughing*
    *thinks 2k1s4 needs to RELAX*
    I am sorry, but I have to say it. YOU ARE AN A$$HOLE!!! Did you mis-read it? Let me type it out again for you. YOU ARE AN A$$HOLE. You haven't been so kind as to tell us what it is you do for a living. You must be pretty powerful, perhaps god? Afterall, you are holier than thou.

I'm not sure if I'm the moderator in question, but if so I formally apologize. I quoted the post I think you are talking about. I didn't mean to single you out, or lump you in any kind of closed-minded group. I guess your name was stuck in my head from the post just before it. The fact still remains that there are many people that think whatever they are driving at the moment are the only cars on the road...that everything else is inferior. I was just attempting to make a statement on how foolish that is. Didn't mean to single anyone out or take anyones side, just stating my opinion.

VV

Originally posted by VetteVert
    I'm saying that you aren't and people like DML are...It's like a horse with blinders on...

VV

This thread has gotten ridiculous. Can a mod please close this......
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast