stage 2 vs roomates brand new 350z (metallic yellow)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 vs roomates brand new 350z (metallic yellow) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so my roomate decides to bite the bullet and buy a new 350z today after doing some internet searching for ...

stage 2 vs roomates brand new 350z (metallic yellow)

so my roomate decides to bite the bullet and buy a new 350z today after doing some internet searching for a nice used one.

so we're heading out to the thrusday night buffalo wings n beer spot and catch a light. we went from a 1st gear roll at about 4k rpms....we stayed dead even through 1st and 2nd but then i had a beautiful speed shift into third barely blowing off at all and pulled a quick half car and was able to pull the lead to a full car by the end of 3rd...

he has 50 miles on the motor, once its broke in and has a few mods it'll be interesting. i did this running "track boost" at 17 lbs.

the victory was extra sweet because my other roomate (an s2000 guy) was riding with me and said before the race he though the z would pull me...
    '02 silver sooby
    blitz spec r ebc (7 lbs daily, 15.5 spirited, 17 at the track)...turbo xs rfl...vishnu catless uppipe...turbo xs catless downpipe...turbo xs catless catback...k&n drop in filter...step colder plugs...walbro 255...zex wet kit w/purge (55 shot)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

a new 350z with no mods raced me at the track and only had me by 3 feet and I had a bad take off due to fried clutch. with the new turbo he wont catch me now.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Quote Originally Posted by j-speed racer
    so my roomate decides to bite the bullet and buy a new 350z today after doing some internet searching for a nice used one.

so we're heading out to the thrusday night buffalo wings n beer spot and catch a light. we went from a 1st gear roll at about 4k rpms....we stayed dead even through 1st and 2nd but then i had a beautiful speed shift into third barely blowing off at all and pulled a quick half car and was able to pull the lead to a full car by the end of 3rd...

he has 50 miles on the motor, once its broke in and has a few mods it'll be interesting. i did this running "track boost" at 17 lbs.

the victory was extra sweet because my other roomate (an s2000 guy) was riding with me and said before the race he though the z would pull me...
    good kill, but why the hell would your friend race a brand new 350Z with only 50miles on the motor
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    good kill, but why the hell would your friend race a brand new 350Z with only 50miles on the motor

Crazy people do crazy things. I know a guy that went straight from the dealership to the track right after buying an 04 STi.
    The funny part is the car has 35k miles on it now (still bone stock) and the car runs extremely well. (very fast for stock) 12.9 - 13.1 @ 103 mph.,

we discussed a run before we left and i was like you sure you want to with it not being broke in?

then he was like yah it dont matter. then i remembed hearing that you're suppose to break it in the way you'll drive it later on...and he said thats exactly what he's going to do.

he builds motors and has a lot of experience with compact cars. he's been featured in sport compact car for his 400hp turbo cavelier (trd, only one in the u.s....rip) and super street did a 4 page spread on him installing his custom turbo kit on a cavelier that one of the super street employees owned.

this is probably why that guys sti is strong, the motor was broken in the way it would be driven, hard!

my roomate's considering the 400+ hp greddy twin turbo setup but he said only if he decides to sell his 240sx (sr20 swap, fmic, limited slip, 13.3 in the 1/4 on crap tires).
    Last edited by j-speed racer; 12-03-2004 at 03:44 PM.
    '02 silver sooby
    blitz spec r ebc (7 lbs daily, 15.5 spirited, 17 at the track)...turbo xs rfl...vishnu catless uppipe...turbo xs catless downpipe...turbo xs catless catback...k&n drop in filter...step colder plugs...walbro 255...zex wet kit w/purge (55 shot)

we discussed a run before we left and i was like you sure you want to with it not being broke in?

then he was like yah it dont matter. then i remembed hearing that you're suppose to break it in the way you'll drive it later on...and he said thats exactly what he's going to do.

he builds motors and has a lot of experience with compact cars. he's been featured in sport compact car for his 400hp turbo cavelier (trd, only one in the u.s....rip) and super street did a 4 page spread on him installing his custom turbo kit on a cavelier that one of the super street employees owned.

this is probably why that guys sti is strong, the motor was broken in the way it would be driven, hard!

my roomate's considering the 400+ hp greddy twin turbo setup but he said only if he decides to sell his 240sx (sr20 swap, fmic, limited slip, 13.3 in the 1/4 on crap tires).

your roommate drives a brand new 350Z and also an SR20DET 240swapped car What the hell does he do?

BTW, tell him to sell the 240. Not only is it the new civic, but I would much much rather have a TT 350Z than a stock Z and an sr20 240. If you have ever seen a TT 350Z in action you know what I am talking about
    Just call me Clark Kent

he's a corporate account exec for nextel and gets like a $200 or more a month car allowance plus he's only got 5 or 6k in the 240sx....he said if he could get like 8k for the 240 he's sell and put that money up for the greddy tt so we'll see....
    '02 silver sooby

Good Run man. Im not suprised one bit about the outcome. Stock Z's(and im assuming your friends Z is a 6spd) should trap around 99-101mph. With the mods you have on your rex, your 1/4 mile trap speed should be around that.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

good to know, now I can go out and pick on some Z. I'm at Stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by fourstardrift
    good to know, now I can go out and pick on some Z. I'm at Stage 2.
    Well don't get to excited now At stage 2 its still a drivers race from BOTH a dig and roll. In my stock automatic G35c, i ran a 14.6@98.5mph with NO brake torque and a slippery track (40 degrees outside at night). A stock 6spd Z should be almost .5 secs better than me, so look for it to run 14.0-14.1@99-102mph.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Well don't get to excited now At stage 2 its still a drivers race from BOTH a dig and roll. In my stock automatic G35c, i ran a 14.6@98.5mph with NO brake torque and a slippery track (40 degrees outside at night). A stock 6spd Z should be almost .5 secs better than me, so look for it to run 14.0-14.1@99-102mph.
    stageII rex shouldnt worry to much from a dig, but from a roll, its a drivers race like you said. The 350Z see's a lot of different times. I have noticed it varies A LOT depending on the driver. I have seen a few good drivers get off high 13's consistantly, but for the most part you see 13.9-14.2 with this car in the 6speed form.

BTW: I think you are capable of knocking your time down from a 14.6 to a 14.4
    You trap speed indicated thats you CAN pull of a better time, just need to get out of the hole faster.
    Just call me Clark Kent

that's an impressive run in g35c auto

nice kill btw...stage 2..u have uppipe also?? or just tbe

edit: nevermind just saw your sig
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Yeah I know. I wasn't thinking that I was going to murder the Z or G35. Just knowing that I can hang or pull a little is good for me.

yah i was a little worried when i couldnt pull on him in 1st and 2nd, i figured the stock turbo lack of high end would factor in and he'd start walking once i went into 3rd. my shift to 3rd was beautiful though and i lost virtually no boost, it seriously shot me out a half car on that shift, then i pulled the other half car in the remainder of third before shutting down.

once the z is broken in and he has a few bolt ons it'll be a close call.

im not a big fan of yellow but the metallic yellow the z's are wearing now is very cool.
    '02 silver sooby

isnt the yellow 350z the anniversary edition??

i think the only one that comes yellow is the anniversary edition 350z which has 300hp so even a nicer kill

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/nissa...lOVEvXqOwegL8F

(i know the rest of pics are yellow too but the one shown is actually anniversary edition..i think only anniversary edition comes yellow...can anyone confirm that??
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 12-06-2004 at 04:31 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.