stage 2 vs roomates brand new 350z (metallic yellow) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 vs roomates brand new 350z (metallic yellow) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; all anniversary edition are 300hp and only yellow z's are anniversary...unless i'm mistaken...

all anniversary edition are 300hp and only yellow z's are anniversary...unless i'm mistaken
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    all anniversary edition are 300hp and only yellow z's are anniversary...unless i'm mistaken
    Yellow is a new color option on the '05 Z's. But i do believe the anniversary additions do only come in yellow.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

its an '05...they're 300 hp right?
    '02 silver sooby
    blitz spec r ebc (7 lbs daily, 15.5 spirited, 17 at the track)...turbo xs rfl...vishnu catless uppipe...turbo xs catless downpipe...turbo xs catless catback...k&n drop in filter...step colder plugs...walbro 255...zex wet kit w/purge (55 shot)

It still impresses me that an n/a V6 can get close to 300hp. Whats the displacement on a 350, 3.5L? Anyone know the compression off-hand? Nice kill btw...

Im saving for an S13 to swap an sr20det red-top into... Is his 240 pretty? If he was selling it in a year or two Id be interested, but alas, my swiss bank account is low on funds...
    Hey baby, wanna go pick up some groceries?

Quote Originally Posted by bjbrad85
    It still impresses me that an n/a V6 can get close to 300hp. Whats the displacement on a 350, 3.5L? Anyone know the compression off-hand? Nice kill btw...

Im saving for an S13 to swap an sr20det red-top into... Is his 240 pretty? If he was selling it in a year or two Id be interested, but alas, my swiss bank account is low on funds...
    Got this info from automotive.com:

3,498 cc 3.5 liters V 6 front engine with 95.5 mm bore, 81.4 mm stroke, 10.3 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder VQ35DE

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Yeah i know. I can't wait until spring so i can try again. Im thinking maybe even a 14.3 in the right weather conditions and with a good launch.
    why did you get rid of the WRX ?? Still Brand new .... i was about to buy a G35 but it didnt make sense for me to spend the extra 15$ on a 2003 model ...
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter
    why did you get rid of the WRX ?? Still Brand new .... i was about to buy a G35 but it didnt make sense for me to spend the extra 15$ on a 2003 model ...
    I was having problems with the transmission and knowing that Subaru wasn't going to honor my warranty anymore, i decided to part out and trade in the car before the tranny totally gave out. I also wanted to get out of the "modding" scene. I got to realizing that i was just throwing my money out the window. So i decided to get a car that i would be happy with in its stock form.

Wink

well guys its happened. i dont think i can pull on my roomates 350 anymore (as this thread originally started).

he just spent the weekend installing the greddy tt....400 hp to the rear wheels.

he said guys on the forums running his setup are in the 11's.

since my original post he helped me install a zex wet kit (55 shot) but that will only be good for 12's.

i guess we'll see what happens, he still has to tune the e-manage...wish me luck.
    '02 silver sooby
    blitz spec r ebc (7 lbs daily, 15.5 spirited, 17 at the track)...turbo xs rfl...vishnu catless uppipe...turbo xs catless downpipe...turbo xs catless catback...k&n drop in filter...step colder plugs...walbro 255...zex wet kit w/purge (55 shot)

its a 30 hour install by the way....there's no room for anything!
    '02 silver sooby

should be one hell of a car with that kit.

http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1187/Nissan/350Z/
    only puts numbers around the mid-low 300's. . MMMM twin 18g's though.

I dont see how its possible to fit two turbos/intercoolers in that bay... impossible.
    Hey baby, wanna go pick up some groceries?

yep, that install took a lot more patience than I'm sure most of us have.

They had a good write up of 4 tuned 350zs in SPEED magazine. 2 were twin turbocharged by popular Japanese tuners(HKS, Greddy, etc) and the other 2 were
    Supercharged(Vortech, etc).

None of them ran better than low 13's and highest trap was 110 I think. Still impressive times, but I would expect better from a high displacement V6 with a power adder.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    They had a good write up of 4 tuned 350zs in SPEED magazine. 2 were twin turbocharged by popular Japanese tuners(HKS, Greddy, etc) and the other 2 were
    Supercharged(Vortech, etc).

None of them ran better than low 13's and highest trap was 110 I think. Still impressive times, but I would expect better from a high displacement V6 with a power adder.

I think I read the same article. One of the supercharged setups was supposed to be the best option too.
    But I agree that low 13's is not good enough for that much money.

after talking more about it with my roomate, turns out the guys running 11's on the greddy kit are very finely tuned, with suspension, upgraded rear ends, clutch, etc, etc.

i guess he meant with a lot of fine tuning and some more accessories he thinks he can push 11's out of the setup.

he took me out in it today it does feel like a low 13 second car, you really start feeling it on the butt dyno in 3rd gear though.
    '02 silver sooby

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast