stage 2 vs roomates brand new 350z (metallic yellow) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 vs roomates brand new 350z (metallic yellow) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex BTW: I think you are capable of knocking your time down from a 14.6 to ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    BTW: I think you are capable of knocking your time down from a 14.6 to a 14.4
    You trap speed indicated thats you CAN pull of a better time, just need to get out of the hole faster.
    Yeah i know. I can't wait until spring so i can try again. Im thinking maybe even a 14.3 in the right weather conditions and with a good launch.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    isnt the yellow 350z the anniversary edition??

i think the only one that comes yellow is the anniversary edition 350z which has 300hp so even a nicer kill

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/nissa...lOVEvXqOwegL8F

(i know the rest of pics are yellow too but the one shown is actually anniversary edition..i think only anniversary edition comes yellow...can anyone confirm that??
    I believe all '05 Z Track models come with 300hp while the base, enthusiast, and touring models still have the standard 287hp. I could be wrong though.

according to yahoo the anniversary edition also has 300?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    according to yahoo the anniversary edition also has 300?
    Yup. i was just letting people know that just because its not yellow doesn't mean it can't have 300hp

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Yup. i was just letting people know that just because its not yellow doesn't mean it can't have 300hp

ooops lol...sorry

14.6 i guess is ok for the g35, but the 98.5mph trap is awesome. I'm positive you can knock a couple of tenths of that trap time.

When did you take it to the track? hopefully in the spring time, i can take my baby and see what i run.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    14.6 i guess is ok for the g35, but the 98.5mph trap is awesome. I'm positive you can knock a couple of tenths of that trap time.

When did you take it to the track? hopefully in the spring time, i can take my baby and see what i run.
    I took it up to GLD in October. Yeah 14.6 isn't great but the temp was in the 40's and it was at night, so the track was slick. The 14.6 was with NO brake torque, just mashing the pedal. I tried brake torquing it a couple times at 1500-2000rpm and i couldn't grip at all, ended up doing worse. Im thinking i could do a 14.3-14.4@98-99mph in better weather. After i do that, ill just add a few minor mods and break into the 13's, then ill be happy.

350Z's are nice. But every turbo kit I've seen on a Z cost a fortune, and they barely boost. Those things stock run at a high compression. The Greddy turboed Z at the track I went to last ran a best 13.5 @ 104. With the amount of money he put into that thing you could run 11's in your WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by jgheels2003
    350Z's are nice. But every turbo kit I've seen on a Z cost a fortune, and they barely boost. Those things stock run at a high compression. The Greddy turboed Z at the track I went to last ran a best 13.5 @ 104. With the amount of money he put into that thing you could run 11's in your WRX.

well the main problem is traction for those cars after they get boosted.....prices for the kits have been falling since more are being created and they will continue to fall...than someone will perfect it and gain good amounts of power out of it for cheap..problem is your going from NA to FI...with wrx/sti/evo/srt4...much easier to mod with less issues since its already meant to be FI

AwdTurboWrx is absolutely right. Turbo'd Z's have lots of torque and its almost impossible to get any traction in first and even second gears.

As for them barely boosting, they boost at around 5-6psi. Keep in mind though that this is the safe boost level when using the kit with stock internals. 340rwhp is pretty good for only 5psi. When the motor and tranny are built, the Z can hold much more boost and tons of HP.

I agree with you on the safe levels of boost and the torque. My problem with that car is if you are going to build internals on a Z, the price at which that has to be done on top of the turbo kits are a lot more than a built WRX/STi. It costs much more to get a Z to a safe 340 whp than an STi. For the same price you could build internals on an STi with a Green/Garrett set-up and put down 11's easily. That same price on stock Z internals is good for 13's with their kits at that boost level. I like the Z dont get me wrong. Its reliable and nice looking, but Ive seen a modded NSX for every modded 350Z and that should tell you something.

I agree with you on the safe levels of boost and the torque. My problem with that car is if you are going to build internals on a Z, the price at which that has to be done on top of the turbo kits are a lot more than a built WRX/STi. It costs much more to get a Z to a safe 340 whp than an STi. For the same price you could build internals on an STi with a Green/Garrett set-up and put down 11's easily. That same price on stock Z internals is good for 13's with their kits at that boost level. I like the Z dont get me wrong. Its reliable and nice looking, but Ive seen a modded NSX for every modded 350Z and that should tell you something.
    This is true but as AwdTurboWrx said in his previous post, cars with turbos already(STi, wrx, etc.) are built for boost as an N/A car isn't. So of course its gonna cost more to build a Z than an STi. But how about DSM's?? I could buy a first gen Talon and make it into an
    11 second car for way less than i could an STi. Its just the matter of peoples taste and how much they are willing to spend.

Youre right...those Talons are very easy to mod. My buddy had one a couple years ago and it was silly fast with minimal amounts of cash. BTW I should not have hijacked this thread at all, thats my bad. You guys were discussing normal stuff so I'm butting out (). I do know that naturally aspirated cars are harder to mod. That was my whole point, but one I didn't even need to make (my bad again). I've just had a little problem with 350's the day I walked into 2 dealerships to look at one for my father a couple months after getting my STi. The first thing both salesman said to me was the my car was "maxed out" and had no mod potential compared to the new 350Z. BS, but I didnt wanna sit there and argue, it was awkward. When I heard how much those turbo kits cost I couldn't beleive the power output wasn't greater. But I'm sitting there peacefully looking a these cars in showrooms with idiots criticizing what I drive after asking just basic questions. Anyways, good luck with that Z (whoever has it). I absolutely loved the set-up of the interior, the whole car is quality, and definately turns more female heads than mine!

Youre right...those Talons are very easy to mod. My buddy had one a couple years ago and it was silly fast with minimal amounts of cash. BTW I should not have hijacked this thread at all, thats my bad. You guys were discussing normal stuff so I'm butting out (). I do know that naturally aspirated cars are harder to mod. That was my whole point, but one I didn't even need to make (my bad again). I've just had a little problem with 350's the day I walked into 2 dealerships to look at one for my father a couple months after getting my STi. The first thing both salesman said to me was the my car was "maxed out" and had no mod potential compared to the new 350Z. BS, but I didnt wanna sit there and argue, it was awkward. When I heard how much those turbo kits cost I couldn't beleive the power output wasn't greater. But I'm sitting there peacefully looking a these cars in showrooms with idiots criticizing what I drive after asking just basic questions. Anyways, good luck with that Z (whoever has it). I absolutely loved the set-up of the interior, the whole car is quality, and definately turns more female heads than mine!
    I don't think you hijacked the thread. Were all just having a discussion is all. I understand what you mean about those salesmen. I had a similar problem with them when i tried to buy a 350z. They didn't take me seriously when i tried to negotiate pricing because they thought i was just a kid or something. I was so mad that i bought a G35c and came back the next day to rub it in.

300hp Z

just as a sidenote, they havent realeased the 300hp Z yet [or the 298hp G35 yet] they are both due out in late december/january, so unless this guy got the HOOKUP, it has the same numbers as all the other Z's out on the road.

chris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast