Nice IS300

This is a discussion on Nice IS300 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Every single time I've ever raced an IS300 I've always smoked him. I guess this was the reason i wasn't ...

Nice IS300

Every single time I've ever raced an IS300 I've always smoked him. I guess this was the reason i wasn't expecting yet another totally stock looking IS300 to smoke me. I couldn't even hear any exhaust or anything. We were on the free way and he just kind of trailed behind me , waiting for a clearing. As soon as one came he shot up next to me and I was thinking "Get ready bucko". Then all of the sudden a huge scream shot from the car and he was off. I quickly downshifted and followed. I gained enough back while below 90 to get up even with him again. It was looking like it was going to be even, we were both giving it everything we had. I was watching the spedometer climb closer to 120, I expected a bad outcome when 5th gear came around. Sure enough, when the shift to 5th was due, not only did I miss the shift at first, losing about a car length, but then he started pulling pretty hard. It's the fastest IS300 I've raced so far. Lately I've been comming accross some pretty fast cars on the road. People in the traditionally import scarce Jackson Mississippi are starting to get their sh*t together. I'd better get that SR40 turbo quick before I start getting pulled on like that all the time.
    Orin's 2002 WRX Features.....
    Injen Cold Air Intake, M2 Up-Pipe, TurboXS Blow Off Valve, M2 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, M2 Up-pipe, Unichip (Tuned by Cobbtuning)
    VF30 Turbo, Walbro Fuel Pump, STI Fuel Injectors, 18" Konig Tantrums, Wings West Pro Wing, etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

might have been a 5sp IS300 w/ a few bolt ons. I've seen some 5spds w/ i/h/e put down over 220 to the ground...not a supercar, but enough to run w/ a WRX on the hwy.
    Good run, I'm sure after a few more goodies under your hood, you won't have problems w/ a rematch.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Can you say Nitrous?? Sounds like that was the case.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    Can you say Nitrous?? Sounds like that was the case.
    tmarcel do you have bigger injectors? j/w.

IS300

What does the IS300 run in the 1/4?

Stock, the best I've seen is 14.99, but that's powershifting, and with a really, really good driver. For the 5 speeds, I'd expect more around the 15.3-15.7 range. The car makes up for it's relativly low power, with some amazing handling in the twisties though
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

well I'm pushing about 285 at the crank. so this guy had to have more since it's a heavier car. (I think it is atleast) But yeah. He was hauling ass. I've outrun comaro SSs and Cobra Mustangs.
    Orin's 2002 WRX Features.....
    Injen Cold Air Intake, M2 Up-Pipe, TurboXS Blow Off Valve, M2 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, M2 Up-pipe, Unichip (Tuned by Cobbtuning)
    VF30 Turbo, Walbro Fuel Pump, STI Fuel Injectors, 18" Konig Tantrums, Wings West Pro Wing, etc...

I think he was shooting nitrous. A friend has a IS300 with I/H/E and a 75 shot dry system. His car is pretty quick.

Originally posted by polkaband
    well I'm pushing about 285 at the crank. so this guy had to have more since it's a heavier car. (I think it is atleast) But yeah. He was hauling ass. I've outrun comaro SSs and Cobra Mustangs.
    That would equate to about 223WHP so if that's the case and he was spraying a 75 shot then that's about right for him to leave you. You would've been better off to race him from a 3rd gear pull (60+ mph roll) because 4th gear pulls with the stock turbo sucks ass.

But hey, what do I know??
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?