funny run in with a Maxima

This is a discussion on funny run in with a Maxima within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A couple of weeks agi I was running my buddy in his stang (5.0 l). Just kinda goofing around in ...

funny run in with a Maxima

A couple of weeks agi I was running my buddy in his stang (5.0 l). Just kinda goofing around in a low traffic area. I guy in a maxima merges on the highway and jumps into the left lane. I hit the brakes as did my buddy. Flashed him the lights and he didn't move so I went around him. No zig zaging or anything as the other two lanes were open. My buddy follows and I think nothing of it. I am doing around 100 (again, no traffic) with my buddy behind and the maxima pulls up in the left lane, the guy is looking at us. I drop it down and hammer it, leaving he and my buddy behind (though my buddy did stomp his a$$ as well). I get off at my exit as does the Maxima. Get into my neighbourhood and he's following. As I go around a corner I notice his after market rims and realize I have seen him before and that he lives around the corner from me. He and his friends have a bunch of different cars in the driveway, the maxima, an integra, celica etc. Anyways, I wave as we pass his house and think nothing of it. A week goes by and I see an identical car to mine in his driveway. HE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!! I stoped to chat. Nice guy and very excited to have his rex. On 03 by the way. Rally blue like mine....their faster in that color.....no really, why do you think the WRC ones are that color!!
    Don't flame. Be nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have no problem with a WRX handing my a$$ to me, but a Mustang. The day that happens I'm selling some of my bodily organs and buying a supercharger.
    99 Maxima SE-L
    14.6 with 18's on

Haha...Maxima driver gets stomped on the highway (supposedly their stomping ground compared to a WRX) and then he goes out and trades in the Max for a WRX

That's hot!
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    Haha...Maxima driver gets stomped on the highway (supposedly their stomping ground compared to a WRX)
    He was probably an auto. More than 90% of the Max's aren't stick. By the time his tranny downshifted the Scooby would have been long gone. All of the autos are in in the mid-15 second 1/4 range. If he wasn't an auto then Bingo's ride has some serious huevos. Not saying that it doesn't anyway.

Hey Bingo, What generation/year was the Max?
    99 Maxima SE-L
    14.6 with 18's on

seeing as how I have both a modded wrx and a modded maxima SE 5spd, I can tell you that my '99 max 5spd with intake/exhaust ( cat back plus y-pipe ) was pretty much equal to my wrx when the wrx was stock. The wrx would of course launch better but the max would reel it in by around 75mph and from there on the max would continue to pull a little bit.

My maxima weighed 10lbs less than the stock wrx did and with the mods I had on the max at the time, the power output was very similar.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Twinz! I thought I recognized that name from Maxima.org. If I had more money I'd like to crossover myself. Just don't tell my Max I said that. Mmmm...AWD + Boost. (Picture Homer drooling over a donut, that's what I'm doing.)
    99 Maxima SE-L
    14.6 with 18's on

I used to have a Maxima, they're great cars, but a comparison in speed to our WRX'es is insane, as well as handling, and umm...yeah. I still love my old one (my brother drives it now) and will probalby buy it back from him if/when he sells it. Its got 160k on it, and is still going very strong!

-Jay

Originally posted by Bluebird
    Twinz! I thought I recognized that name from Maxima.org. If I had more money I'd like to crossover myself. Just don't tell my Max I said that. Mmmm...AWD + Boost. (Picture Homer drooling over a donut, that's what I'm doing.)

Yeah, I love both cars. My Max is also coming along nicely. Just added centerforce DF clutch, eibach pro kit springs, tokico's. I already upgraded brakes and did the strut tower braces and rear anti-sway bar. Getting the Quaife LSD next month for it thru Cattman and the stillen supercharger by christmas.

Then I am bringing both the Max and the rex up to Moroso and see how they do.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi

Originally posted by twinz

Yeah, I love both cars. My Max is also coming along nicely. Just added centerforce DF clutch, eibach pro kit springs, tokico's. I already upgraded brakes and did the strut tower braces and rear anti-sway bar. Getting the Quaife LSD next month for it thru Cattman and the stillen supercharger by christmas.

Then I am bringing both the Max and the rex up to Moroso and see how they do.
    Let me know how much your times improve when you put in your LSD and how hard it was to do. I'm pretty curious about it.
    99 Maxima SE-L
    14.6 with 18's on

Originally posted by Bluebird

Let me know how much your times improve when you put in your LSD and how hard it was to do. I'm pretty curious about it.
    will do...
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi