RSX Type S Encounter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on RSX Type S Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well after the little incident last http://clubwrx.keystreams.com/forums...&threadid=8783 I was not very happy. Well Shane and I went mountain biking up ...

RSX Type S Encounter

Well after the little incident last

http://clubwrx.keystreams.com/forums...&threadid=8783

I was not very happy. Well Shane and I went mountain biking up 400N today. Coming back home down 400 we just passed Mansell and I was in the middle lane behind a stupid slow truck but needed to get into the right lane for Holcome Bridge. Well finally the cars in the right lane decide to go slow enough so I was about to make my move. I happen to look into my rear view mirror and I see a blue RXS Type S coming up the left lane. I had a feeling the RSX Type S would "think" I'm trying to "race" him because of what I was about to do. Well I go for it anyways and I noticed the RSX Type S also speeding up. I'm in the right lane and I told Shane that the RSX Type S is gonna try and "race" us. So I slow down from 80 > 70 mph and get into 3rd and ... of course the RSX Type S comes flying across 2 lanes from the very left lane to right behind me. I give him about 2 seconds and then I jump on the gas. All I see is me pulling HARD like many many cars lengths on him on the hwy from 70-100mph. I slow down at 100mph back down to 90mph and get into the middle lane passing Holcomb Bridge. Well I see the RSX Type S w/ his body kit, exhaust, etc come "trying" to fly up and catch me from the right lane. I was gonna slow down to 70 but I didn't have a chance and as soon as he got next to me ... I looked down and it was about 80mph in 4th. I really didn't wanna switch gears so I just jump on the gas again. I wait a second or so while we're neck and neck ... I figured the RSX Type S was "fast" on the hwy but realized my turbo hasn't kicked in yet. Well 4K rpm comes around in 4th and I just start walking away at a quick pace ... as I'm walking away I look over and ... wave bye. Shane just laughs and I'm still on the gas till about 110+/-. We pulled easily 1-2 cars on the hwy between 90-110. I slow down due to traffic and the RSX Type S does a "flyby" and disappears. I think nothing of it and get off at the next exit. Well ironically I see the RSX Type S 2 cars infront of us. I pass some cars and get behind him and he decided he didn't wanna play anymore.
    Well I guess I redeemed Shane's mistake in my REX last night. It's too funny racing aganist other "rice" cars which are "suppose" to be fast. Also we were racing on the hwy w/ a 3/4 tank of gas, 2x mountain bikes on the ROOF, all the equipment for biking as usually, and the usual driving stuff. I'm sure the RSX Type S guy by himself w/ his exhaust, body kit, etc was NOT happy when a sedan w/ 2x bikes on the roof, 2x people, covered in dirt ( mountain bike roads and parking lot ) pulls on him at 90-110+/-mph.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tsk tsk for beating up on slow cars. I guess that proves once and for all that a modded WRX is faster than an RSX.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Well ...

I thought the RSX Type S would be fast on the hwy? You know the buzzing sound and mean body kit must make it so faster. I was assuming w/ the handicap of above 70mph racing + 1x extra person + 2x bikes on the roof + 3/4 tank of gas + misc items would make it some what even. Umm I guess not.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Kill every RSX Type S you see. Please.

I love your stories. It's a vicarious living thing. Nobody ever wants to race me. Then again, I'm an old guy. Who would expect I still had it in me, except fot the other club members.

misterx
    Last edited by MisterX; 08-31-2002 at 03:35 PM.

Re: Well ...

Originally posted by chuglobal
    I thought the RSX Type S would be fast on the hwy? You know the buzzing sound and mean body kit must make it so faster. I was assuming w/ the handicap of above 70mph racing + 1x extra person + 2x bikes on the roof + 3/4 tank of gas + misc items would make it some what even. Umm I guess not.
    hahahhahahahahaha

Hey

I'm just telling it like it is ... . Also we saw a Viper RT10 on the way up 400 but we never caught a light. No RSX has ever tried anything to me till today ... umm oh well.
    2004 STI White/Gold

nice kill anyway.

Originally posted by MisterX

I love your stories. ...... Nobody ever wants to race me. Then again, I'm an old guy.

misterx
    Heh, me too. Nice job, chuglobal: both the the kill and the write-up.
    Old, but not slow.

Well ...

I really thought they might be competitve on the hwy but I was way wrong. It's nice just to get a comparison.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Well ...

I really thought they might be competitve on the hwy but I was way wrong. It's nice just to get a comparison.
    Maybe they would be "competitive" if you were stock...you've put enough into your car I think to make it a ridiculous race. No intelligent, respectful RSX-S owner would even go so far as to say a stock RSX-S vs. a stock WRX would go in favor of the Type S...so w/ all that $ you spent on mods, I'd have to make fun of you if the race was even remotely close

Look, I know you all have a bad taste in your mouth for Honda's because so many of the 16 year olds that have mom and dad buy them think they're the fastest thing in the world. I was hoping that RSXSucks and I were at least giving you guys a different view of respectful RSX-S owners, but I guess sometimes you can't show peope that light that don't want to see it themselves. Too bad...

Beat the Mustang GT next time btw...that is more in you and your buddies league (who drove the car) and something worth reading about...I hope to god that you didn't spend that money just to smoke RSX's even worse
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

"No intelligent, respectful RSX-S owner would even go so far as to say a stock RSX-S vs. a stock WRX

from his story i don't believe that chu was looking to start this race so this must have been an "unintelligent" rsx-s owner who felt he had a chance vs a wrx. Why bust on him for putting an rsx in its place?

Haha ...

I wasn't planning on racing a RSX Type S w/ his "mods" however I have no problem as w/ the outcome. I just found it funny that the RSX would even try ... I assumed he "thought" he had a chance. I usually don't look for races when I'm carrying bikes on my roof.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Originally posted by SobeWRX
    "No intelligent, respectful RSX-S owner would even go so far as to say a stock RSX-S vs. a stock WRX

from his story i don't believe that chu was looking to start this race so this must have been an "unintelligent" rsx-s owner who felt he had a chance vs a wrx. Why bust on him for putting an rsx in its place?
    Who was busting anyone's ass?

Sounds to me like the only ass that was busted was the RSX-S...

He thought the race was going to be competitive (his own words) and I was just saying that the RSX-S owner should have known better as even a modded RSX-S will most likely lose to a stock WRX, let alone a highly modded one (such as chu's). So if I'm busting anyone's ass, its the RSX owner that thought he had a chance. Are you sticking up for him now. Has hell frozen over?

Secondly, I was just talking about the common perception that RSX-S's tend to get on this board. I was merely saying that I hoped RSXSucks and I were giving you all a different impression of real RSX-S owners, one's that know what their cars of capable of, etc... I wasn't talking specifically to chu when I talked of "seeing the light."

The third paragraph was a bit of fun...the RSX-S isn't in Chu's league, ESPECIALLY with all those mods. I thought it was uninteresting to see a race w/ an obvious outcome (just my personal opinion) so I told him to go beat a Mustang GT and then tell me about it. Is there somethign wrong with that?

If you sensed some unneccesary sarcasm, then I apologize.

Re: Haha ...

I wasn't planning on racing a RSX Type S w/ his "mods" however I have no problem as w/ the outcome. I just found it funny that the RSX would even try ... I assumed he "thought" he had a chance. I usually don't look for races when I'm carrying bikes on my roof.
    I hope you read the last post...I am not trying to instigate anything...so if you are offended, I apologize. I am not attempting to troll around here, etc...been here awhile and haven't had any problems.

Anyway, just out of curiousity, how do you know the RSX-S had any mods? I mean, he came from behind you...how did you even know he was a Type S? The only aesthetic difference between the Base and the Type S is the badge in the rear. I assume (as you probably did) that since he remained a few cars behind that it was indeed a Type S, but just curious...

YoYo

Something as small as this shouldn't get out hand ... just a little misunderstanding. I've raced aganist a 2000+\- Cobra and took him HARD so I was too worried about the GT myself. But the incident that happened w/ Shane driving last Friday night re-enforced that "Street Racing" is VERY dependant on timing ... 1-2 seconds slow and the race is OVER. I wanna go aganist a 2003+ Cobra ... I'm pretty sure I'll lose but I wanna see by how much. The mountain roads are much more fun ... Initial D type driving ... umm maybe not that extreme.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast