Stage 4 WRX vs Toyota Matrix - had no choice

This is a discussion on Stage 4 WRX vs Toyota Matrix - had no choice within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Funny story Coming home from work I gently pass this nice looking blue Toyota Matrix. As soon as I got ...

Stage 4 WRX vs Toyota Matrix - had no choice

Funny story
    Coming home from work I gently pass this nice looking blue Toyota Matrix. As soon as I got a couple cars in front of him I notice him switch lanes and starting to quickly come up from behind me. I couldn't believe it. He was trying to race me. Then just like magic the light up ahead turns red. He then switches lanes again to get up next to me at the light. I really couldn't believe that. This was going to be fun. I decided not to waste a 5K launch on a Toyota Matrix so when the light turned greed I just rolled off the line easy. The guy in the Matrix left the line hard actually getting some wheel spin, and he quickly jumped a 1/2 car in front of me. Then all the sudden, I floored it in 1st gear and instantly shot by him. I then slammed 2nd gear and then 3rd gear. I then let off at 70mph or so about 7 car lengths in front of this guy. I then slowed down to the speed limit (50mph) and he pulled up next to me with his mouth wide open and shaking his head up and down.

I hated to do it to him but he asked for it. I dought he will pull up next to a WRX looking for a race for some time to come.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I saw this thread I already knew what the outcome would've been without even reading it. A couple of months ago my wife and I were looking at cars to replace her current VW. The Matrix XRS was the first one that we test drove.

It doesn't have anything at all. Below 6k rpms it's actually slower than her 115HP/122TQ VW motor. Above 6K you can feel a noticible bump in power and then it does have some pull right up to 8K rpm. The power rating of 180HP and the 6spd are rather deceiving if you ask me. That's a really small window of power (2K rpms) and the first 6K rpms of rev range are gutless.

Anyhow good killing!
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Normally I don't even bother with cars I know are slow, but he wanted to race so why not.
    I wasn't about to let somebody in a Toyota Matrix go tell his buddies he smoked a WRX.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Normally I don't even bother with cars I know are slow, but he wanted to race so why not.
    I wasn't about to let somebody in a Toyota Matrix go tell his buddies he smoked a WRX.
    LOL, no one would believe him anyway, probably wouldn't matter.

But I understand. I must admit I've sometimes lost the restraint necessary when a Sunfire revs next to me at a light. Always felt a bit dirty afterwards though.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks

LOL, no one would believe him anyway, probably wouldn't matter.

But I understand. I must admit I've sometimes lost the restraint necessary when a Sunfire revs next to me at a light. Always felt a bit dirty afterwards though.
    lol