Argh pedestrians!!!!!!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Argh pedestrians!!!!!!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wence and I are heading to my house tonight and while we're taking a left, we notice an absolutely gorgeous ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Argh pedestrians!!!!!!!!!!!

Wence and I are heading to my house tonight and while we're taking a left, we notice an absolutely gorgeous new white M3 at the interesection, waiting to go in our direction. We turn left and it's a bit of a hill, so I give it a little gas. Before I know it, I look in my rear-view and the M3 is coming up FAST!

We come to the next intersection and I'm about to take a right, but I notice pulls up next to me and stops while the light is still green. We're the only two cars on the street so I stopped and turned my music down. Meanwhile, there's 3 pedestrians (2 guys and a 30-something woman) waiting to cross. Since we both decided to stop and chat, both of us were crossing over the crosswalk, although the M3 was farther on top of it than I was (about half his car was on the crosswalk).

I look over and it's an older gentleman, probably in his 50s. "Wow I thought you were driving a V8 because of the sound!" he says to me. "Thanks!" I tell him and I'm about to compliment him on his car, but the light turns red and all of sudden, the woman starts yelling at us, while we're backing up to get out of the crosswalk!

"GET OUT OF THE CROSSWALK!!!" she yells.

"Hey thanks for the tip lady!" I yell back. The guy in the M3 just says "Yeah, uh-huh, ok" in a sarcastic tone.

The guy in the M3's just starting to move back, but she's like "You guys are blocking the ****ing crosswalk!" and she takes her bag and BANGS IT ON THE M3'S HOOD!

"HEY *****, you don't just don't hit someone's car like that!" the M3 guy yells.

She yelled some other BS back and next I hear the M3 guy says "Hey you got a nice ass!" and I yell "No she doesn't!" and she flicks us off!

So yes, we were blocking the intersection, but she didn't need to be so pissed off about it! DAMN! I'm still in shock that she actually hit his hood with her bag! OMFG I'm still angry!!!!!!!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

People used to block intersections on campus, and probably the worst thing I've ever done purposefully was run my fingers along the front of their car. It isn't going to damage the car, but if the person cares about how their car looks they'll be pissed because you'll leave a streak across the hood. Seemed to get the point across too, I had a few people back up after I did that.

-J

holy crap!! i would have put the hazards on and go out and confronted the women and made her pay for any damage that might be there!!

WOOHOO new subaru commercial is on as i type this!!

anyways i'm surprised he didn't get out and kick her as$

If any one, a woman or not were to hit the hood of my car with her bag or anything else I would have gotten out, punched her straight in the face and drove off before she knew what happened. You just don't ***** with someone's car like that.
    Orin's 2002 WRX Features.....
    Injen Cold Air Intake, M2 Up-Pipe, TurboXS Blow Off Valve, M2 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, M2 Up-pipe, Unichip (Tuned by Cobbtuning)
    VF30 Turbo, Walbro Fuel Pump, STI Fuel Injectors, 18" Konig Tantrums, Wings West Pro Wing, etc...

I don't get why you are pissed. Pay attention and stay out of the crosswalk. It is not that hard. If you think being a pedestrian in an urban area is easy, then think again. Thoughtless mf's who don't care about crosswalks and such make walking a major health hazard. The M3 punk is lucky all he got was a bag, I would have sent a snapple bottle into the windshield or my foot through his headlight.

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by snidley
    I don't get why you are pissed. Pay attention and stay out of the crosswalk. It is not that hard. If you think being a pedestrian in an urban area is easy, then think again. Thoughtless mf's who don't care about crosswalks and such make walking a major health hazard. The M3 punk is lucky all he got was a bag, I would have sent a snapple bottle into the windshield or my foot through his headlight.
    Well, we WERE paying attention, hence why we were backing up when we noticed the light turn. I guess we weren't backing up fast enough?

Oh and it wasn't and urban area (if you mean like downtown with gridlock and skyscrapers)...it was in my quiet neighborhood with very little traffic...guess I should've mentioned that.
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

Understood. Some people are crazy. Then again, I have been hit more than once and it hurts. The crosswalk is supposed to be your safe zone but some many people drive like it doesn't exist. Clueless tools pull right into it, forcing you to walk out in the flow of traffic and then get dumb when you confront them about it. Being on foot often makes you hate people with cars and it isn't hard to become a very violent pedestrian. People of all types drive like crap but it is easier to lash back at the ones with nice rides because they care about the exterior condition of their car.

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by snidley
    Understood. Some people are crazy. Then again, I have been hit more than once and it hurts. The crosswalk is supposed to be your safe zone but some many people drive like it doesn't exist. Clueless tools pull right into it, forcing you to walk out in the flow of traffic and then get dumb when you confront them about it. Being on foot often makes you hate people with cars and it isn't hard to become a very violent pedestrian. People of all types drive like crap but it is easier to lash back at the ones with nice rides because they care about the exterior condition of their car.
    Oh I know! Ever try crossing the street in The Philppines? There's no such thing as "pedestrians get right-of-way when their foot steps off the sidewalk" there. It's easier (and safer) for me to get in a car and have the driver do a u-turn in traffic than to walk across the street myself! LOL

Sh**, I would've been getting out of the car, and havin some words with that B**ch! Touchin' the car is cause for violence. It's nice to have a 2-wheel driver if someone does that, cause you'll NEVER see someone move faster than someone standing a foot in front of a car peeling out at them!!!! Just brake torque it and watch them run and JUMP out of the way!

Hell, as car enthusiasts, we should be getting each others backs, both of you should have gotten out and confronted her over it. It's the PRINCIPLE that she needs to learn.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

You stop your cars to chat in the middle of a crosswalk? Peds have the right of way. End of story. She proly new you guys were f'n around. Ever been hit buy a car? I have, aint fun. I train on inlines on local bike paths here and I have had people drive on the shoulder of the road to go around me while I was in the middle of the crosswalk. Most times, it's jackasses in BMW's and Volvo’s. My favorite is if someone is good enough to stop, they almost get rear-ended by the numb-nuts behind them. Just waiting for a crash.

There are great classes out there for anger management, sign up.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Originally posted by polkaband
    If any one, a woman or not were to hit the hood of my car with her bag or anything else I would have gotten out, punched her straight in the face and drove off before she knew what happened. You just don't ***** with someone's car like that.
    Moderator? Tough guy one at that!
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by JTREX
    You stop your cars to chat in the middle of a crosswalk? Peds have the right of way. End of story. She proly new you guys were f'n around. Ever been hit buy a car? I have, aint fun. I train on inlines on local bike paths here and I have had people drive on the shoulder of the road to go around me while I was in the middle of the crosswalk. Most times, it's jackasses in BMW's and Volvo’s. My favorite is if someone is good enough to stop, they almost get rear-ended by the numb-nuts behind them. Just waiting for a crash.

There are great classes out there for anger management, sign up.
    Yes they do have right of way, which is why we were backing up...wouldn't you be mad if you were trying to correct your own error but yet someone still had to rub it in? Not to mention we were the only two cars on the street and it wasn't in an urban area?

I don't understand why I have to keep explaining myself

Hey Verdugo,
    I think I saw you last weekend. I was over at the BMW of Seattle. All I saw was a loud a$$ Blue WRX zipping throug the intersection.
    I think it might have been you. If it was, damn man that s&^t is freakin loud. I could feal my vibrating inside.
    HKW

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Rice Boi
    Hey Verdugo,
    I think I saw you last weekend. I was over at the BMW of Seattle. All I saw was a loud a$$ Blue WRX zipping throug the intersection.
    I think it might have been you. If it was, damn man that s&^t is freakin loud. I could feal my vibrating inside.
    Hmmmm downtown, right? What day exactly?

It was Sat. afternoon
    HKW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.