Supra's are pricks - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Supra's are pricks within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey Lamb, i know all about that. but that is just to get the boot badge. if you goto product ...

hey Lamb, i know all about that. but that is just to get the boot badge. if you goto product pricing for the 540i (page 54 i think in the pdf from the dinan site) there are different "dinan signature vehicles" with different price ranges and i just want to know what each stage consists of. maybe i'll end up saving money in the long run?
    - M a t t -

p.s. like the pic?
    p.p.s. TLC is having a street racing thingy right now!!
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by LostLamb
    LOL, ok, I'll take your word for it, you're right...on paper Holden's are fast.

My coworker in our N. Sydney office had a twin turbo Legacy in NZ, he had to sell it when he moved to N. Sydney. Twin turbo!!??
    Oh my F! God!! He had loads of fun on the roads there.

Now my buddy has a VW Lupo, cause it's expensive to insure a turbo? VW GTI was out of his range!

Those turbo diesel SUVs.....ahhh...much fun

Sydney rocks btw. Beautiful place and beautiful women!!

-Matt
    I was gonna buy a Liberty B4 twin turbo here but they have been de-tuned from 206 Kw to 190 Kw and they have discontinued the manual so I could only get an auto which they de-tuned to 176Kw

That is why I want to get one of those RSK Blitzens (they are kind of the STi of the Liberty /Legacy range

I drove a Nissan Turbo Diesle Patrol on a mine site for a while
    and yeah they are pretty fun off road and even better when they aren't yours

I live in perth on the other side of the continent I like it better than sydney it's quieter less crime better weather and cheaper insurance too. My parents are living in the US at the moment though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Okdedoke, I just read this (I make a point not to read "XXX vs all" boards).

Yes, the supra guys (for the most part) are the most cocky SOB's known to man (like the '99-00 SI guys were back in the day, but at least their cars are fast! ). I've been reading/posting there for over a yr (I was looking for an MKIV before I got my rex) and you sorta get used to it.

BUT when I see "the wrx is DOG slow" and "If a wrx revs on a supra they should be shot" I can NOT stand it. Stock for stock, their car isn't THAT much faster to warranty the above BS.

The post was basically not to dispute the undoubtable power/acceleration difference mod for mod (That's a given), just to stop the BS generalizations and misconceptions. It's really sad that they (And the C5 guy) REALLY don't think a lightly modded WRX can beat their car. It's a shame no on fast is in their area (that posts).

WRX is a sports SEDAN. There's no SPORT CAR in SEDAN. :P
    Hmm, let me see: WRX (all Turbo variants), Lancer EVO's, Nissan 400R Autech (R33 GTR version w/ 400hp), M5, M3, S4 (questionable), etc all all 4doors that I (and many) consider sports cars.

4 doors doesn't necessarily mean it's not a sports car IMO. I depends on what you define sport as. For me, it's a car with a main goal/intent of the platform (besides sales, and daily use of course) is to compete in a racing series/venue. The Vette, Supra, Skyline would be on an open road course (as with the M3, and 400R). In that realm, you don't need cargo. With the Evolutions and WRX's it's the rally stage (need space for tools, gear, etc). The New Age, as you no doubt know, was made from the begining as a 4 door; the body is over 100% stiffer than the last.

Some cars, are created with the intent to seat families comfortably and later add some "pep" to it. An example would be a GTP or CL-S. Quick cars, but as soon as you take a turn you know it wasn't meant to be raced.

My $.02
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

I Support ClubWRX
    roots.

Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

Finally read the posts by those supra guys. That C5 guy and that elude guy really ticked me off. What pissed me off most was when they said its not really a race if its not upto 140 and if you can't drive that fast your roads must suck.

Now i'm a bay area native and probably have lived here for longer than both of them combined (i think they're both from here or abouts) and I can assure you that its not safe nor possible to drive that fast unless its late (past 3 am) at night or early morning. 100 is doable even 120 maybe...but the roads around here just too crowded and poorly maintained for anything faster. Even at night, a lot of the major freeways have construction going on.

As far as road quality goes...at one point in time i remembered a pot hole on 880 that i swear went for 5 miles on and off through fremont. Plus the cops aren't ignorant; CHP is really strict on most freeways if u drive faster than 80 (well except stretches of 280 between San Jose and SF, i've done 90 and i know the cop beamed me and didn't pursue). And they do know where the speeders are just there are too many people speeding around here to stop all of them.

I'd totally like to see one of you guys smoke them on one of the twistier roads with a lot of low speed segments around here ( hwy 9 and 35 come to mind ). And with the way the roads get around here duing the rainy season...I'd like to see them drive even a 100 in march or april

I'd take the AWD over their spin happy RWD cars. I hate arogant people like these two, especially on the road. They're the ones that cause accidents for others and claim to be good drivers.

Pissed off,
    HK
    http://www.soldats.net

Well, I didn't have time to read it all but I thought it was funny one of the guys (I think elude) saying that his Supra was a "Supercar". I mean come on, it's a TOYOTA for gods sakes and an old one at that. Nor can I justify the Corvette guy thinking his Chevy (GM product) is a Supercar either.

Just because they are fast doesn't mean it can be compred with REAL Supecars like the Ferrari 575M Maranello and the likes. The Supra is a common mans car.

Quote: "What is a supercar?

Supercars are the super sedans and super sports models of the car world. They are fast, powerful, and VERY EXPENSIVE. The Ferrari F40 is certainly a supercar. One of the world's fastest production cars, it can reach a top speed of 325 kph. One special feature is that the engine is behind the driver"

Those Supra guy really do have big heads!
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    saying that his Supra was a "Supercar". I mean come on, it's a TOYOTA for gods sakes and an old one at that.
    hehehe yep reallity check in order for our deluded friends i think

I'd like to see their faces lined up against rex4life's 10 second Rexy though

Supra Gets Spanked by Dodge Aries

LOL, you guys might get a kick out of this one. "Supercar" ? It's all relative.

http://204.250.250.27/kctrading/over...r_vs_supra.wmv
    Old, but not slow.

Originally posted by CarFan
    I agree with RSXSucks. You guys can talk as much crap on everything else as this guy did on the wrx. The wrx is a great car, but some of you are floating away from reality. Supras and C5's are real sports cars. Some of you act as if your wrx are better than these and that you can beat everybody. 0-60 doesn't define a car. Look at the Z06....0-60 in 3.9, 1/4 mile in around 12.3, top speed of 172mph, 1 G of lateral accel, 60-0 in 105 ft...the list goes on. It would cost a fortune to get a wrx near those specs.
    $51,155 - $23,995 = $27,160.

It wouldn't cost anywhere close to the difference in price of the two cars to get a WRX to those performance specs. Top speed would be the only tough one due to the aerodynamics of the WRX, or lack of. The other specs you mentioned are easily attainable.

Kyle

Registered User Quantum-Racing.com's Avatar
    Indeed, but the C5 or mkiv has not had the potential tapped yet. Most sports/sporty cars can play the money racing game once they are fairly well modded. I could make a 1G eclipse spank a stock WRX for half the cost of a new Subie (including the price of the car). It's all about potential ranges. Very few cars are going to win the $ vs. performance ratio in stock trim versus modified cheaper performance cars.
    www.Quantum-Racing.com
    Home of the Dynapack AWD Dyno
    Sales Email, Tech Email

That whole thread is pretty funny....

I do have to say, not all Supra owners are ****s...

I have about 5 MKIV owners right around me, I race, and talk with them all the time... one of them is a good buddy of mine, and a previous 2.5RS owner.....

In the 1/4, I've beaten all of them .... they are all BPU ... (still have stock turbos) but running more boost, and race gas!

Mind you, they are definitely yanking me in in that last what seems like 250 feet or so.....

I've also done a couple of 3rd gear 70mph type pulls with one of them... they always getup and walk away.. .but not as bad as you would expect....

If I had the money, I'd probably own a Supra too!
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

Originally posted by pkroberts

$51,155 - $23,995 = $27,160.

It wouldn't cost anywhere close to the difference in price of the two cars to get a WRX to those performance specs. Top speed would be the only tough one due to the aerodynamics of the WRX, or lack of. The other specs you mentioned are easily attainable.

Kyle
    ask rex4life isn't his rexy somewhere in that neighbourhood?
    didn't he beat a lamborghini in it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Just when I thought the cockiness has peaked

I mean cmon its a Supra...
    Cmon you should thank all SUPRA owners for representin' imports.

This is an honest question tho cause WRX bore me..I smoke em..even when they are running spray..low 14's ohh watch out...

anyhow just shooting off my mouth.
    X10 X20

Let's let this die, but I thought it was really sad how foolish some people are.
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

Originally posted by TypeC
    Just when I thought the cockiness has peaked

X10 X20

Let's let this die, but I thought it was really sad how foolish some people are.
    I have to admit that i had a little fun with that guy... nothing like having someone doubt you and then breaking out the old-school 12.3 video on them...

Typing this as i sit here staring at the "happy birthday nathan" sign that came in my box of parts from AUS this morning. Finally i can get my car back on the road.

-Nathan
    www.turboxs.com
    -Nathan
    12.3@110.4
    When in doubt, add more boost!

Originally posted by boosted 4
    Those Supra guy really do have big heads!
    It's kinda hard not to when every teenage ricer on the planet slows down and drools over your car. Not to mention all the non-owners out there who think it's the best car on the road. It gets really annoying after a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.