Supra's are pricks - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Supra's are pricks within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I beat him and his friend. An auto 300z w/ exhaust and a stock 5 spd z. Both TT!...

I beat him and his friend. An auto 300z w/ exhaust and a stock 5 spd z. Both TT!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

geee what a bunch of d1cks!

oh well won't be visiting that board again
    I like talking to people with an IQ bigger than the number of cylinders their car has

I agree with RSXSucks. You guys can talk as much crap on everything else as this guy did on the wrx. The wrx is a great car, but some of you are floating away from reality. Supras and C5's are real sports cars. Some of you act as if your wrx are better than these and that you can beat everybody. 0-60 doesn't define a car. Look at the Z06....0-60 in 3.9, 1/4 mile in around 12.3, top speed of 172mph, 1 G of lateral accel, 60-0 in 105 ft...the list goes on. It would cost a fortune to get a wrx near those specs.

Hmm, well I don't drive a WRX. I don't have a Supra. Turbos? What the hell are those?

Fact: AWD has more moving parts than a RWD car.
    Fact: More hp is required to drive all four wheels.
    Fact: AWD has an advantage at the line, all wheels get power to the ground faster than a RWD.
    Fact: More moving parts equal weight, weight is an enemy.
    Fact: In general (generalizing here...don't give me your bull about what kind of weight saving you can get and blah blah blah), AWD are heavier than a RWD with the same HP/torque.

so...bottomline? Unless you have goober amounts of HP, an AWD will be dificient in top end. Sure this is debateable, but face it stock vs stock. Intelligent AWD is nice, RWD when you're moving along at a decent speed, front wheels slipping, transfer power to the wheels that slip (commercial anyone?). Hence the nicely done 996 911 Turbo, rwd most of the time, unless front wheels slips.
    So you're car is not a C5 or a Supra TT or a MCoupe. Sure with a few mods you can reach their pinnacle. But why the hate? You drive an WRX because you enjoy the way if feels in your hand. You drive it because you love the rush it gives you. All this street racing with turbo cars is making our insurance slowly creep up. Drag racing?? That's not racing. Freeway kills? Oh please. Get yourself on a track and time your races. I drive my car because I enjoy the way it drives. I don't care much for street racing or freeway kills. It's not why I brought a car that fulfills my passion for driving.

Let them speak their mind. In the end, who has the fastest car doesn't really matter. Go find yourself a track and race in a safe environment, and then see who has the fastest car. Then of course you'll complain that you're not as a good driver as him and blah blah blah...the story never ends.

WRX is a sports SEDAN. There's no SPORT CAR in SEDAN. :P

-LostLamb
    Uh guys? After I read this post I went out to take a look at my WRX. There seems to be some bird poop on the drivers side A-pillar and almost all of the windshield washer fluid is gone. Should I trade it in for a Ford ZX2 or just light in on fire?

God I miss my rex. -Koyokid

Rest in peace Koyokid.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by LostLamb
    Intelligent AWD is nice, RWD when you're moving along at a decent speed, front wheels slipping, transfer power to the wheels that slip (commercial anyone?). Hence the nicely done 996 911 Turbo, rwd most of the time, unless front wheels slips.

-LostLamb
    Don't forget the Nissan Skyline's ATTESA-ETS..the first smart AWD as far as I know
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

God forbid I forget about that the Skyline...

I should be struck down with lightening.

*roasted* Lamb....

-LostLamb
    Uh guys? After I read this post I went out to take a look at my WRX. There seems to be some bird poop on the drivers side A-pillar and almost all of the windshield washer fluid is gone. Should I trade it in for a Ford ZX2 or just light in on fire?

Rest in peace Koyokid.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    God forbid I forget about that the Skyline...

I should be struck down with lightening.

*roasted* Lamb....

-LostLamb
    lol no need to be so hard on yourself man!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Either he's BSing or the wrx driver sucked.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

You drive it because you love the rush it gives you. All this street racing with turbo cars is making our insurance slowly creep up. Drag racing?? That's not racing. Freeway kills? Oh please. Get yourself on a track and time your races. I drive my car because I enjoy the way it drives. I don't care much for street racing or freeway kills. It's not why I brought a car that fulfills my passion for driving.
    You said it! I couldn't care less for the street racing (I got that out of my system long ago), but after getting my WRX the first question my neighbor asks me is, "So, ah, do you race?" He has an altezza-equipped Eclipse GS-T.

I have this car for driving. Not racing, driving. I like the way it corners, I like the way it accelerates, and with it being a wagon, it's practical too.

WRX is a sports SEDAN. There's no SPORT CAR in SEDAN. :P
    I'm reading your post, noddin my head, and then you have to throw that in! (But you're right!)

-v

SwedWRX

Is that a supra in the background of ur picture? . . .

- M a t t -
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

Re: SwedWRX

Originally posted by daiviouth
    Is that a supra in the background of ur picture? . . .

- M a t t -
    WOW!! COOL! I'm not the only BMW freakazoid browsing clubwrx.

AND his name is Matt LOL

The odds of that.

-LostLamb
    aka Matt
    Z3 Coupe 3.0
    72 2002tii
    73 2002tii

Rest in peace Koyokid.

sorry to go off topic but . . .

you have 2002tti? those are awesome!
    <<looks at the bimmer mag next to him w/ two 2002 articles>>
    ahh - read some of my other posts

- M a t t -

also - in my 540i i wanna turbo but everyone says i should just supercharge - thoughts?
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    The 10/94 Forum

Originally posted by ScoobySteve
    Doesn't bother me a bit. It's their forum. A Honda guy reading WRX vs. the World might draw the same conclusion about us.
    DING! LOL, saved me from having to post it..
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

Re: sorry to go off topic but . . .

Originally posted by daiviouth
    you have 2002tti? those are awesome!
    <<looks at the bimmer mag next to him w/ two 2002 articles>>
    ahh - read some of my other posts

- M a t t -

also - in my 540i i wanna turbo but everyone says i should just supercharge - thoughts?
    Turbo charge? Holy poo Batman...you power hungry mongul! egads!

Well, if I had the choice...I would supercharge.
    Why? Power is more reliable and steady, whereas a turbo you can experience "turbo lag". There's almost instant power from a supercharger vs turbo. As it does not rely on exhaust gas to spool your compress. True, it will add drag to your overall engine performance, but your gains are fairly good.

4.0 litre isn't big enough for you?
    Sell your 540i and keep the money from the supercharger and go buy yourself an M5

yah..totally 2002tiis are iconic
    Give me bout 5 months and I will have a nice little rocket ready to take on those pesky Civics and maybe a few stock WRX

hehe

-Matt aka LostLamb

Rest in peace Koyokid.

correction

it's a 4.4 litre engine - maybe i'll bore it 60mm over to a 4.8? . . . :P

bulleted piston heads? performance springs?
    but those would void the original and CPO warranty <<curses under breath>>
    The Dinan supercharger wouldn't void (thank god for authorised aftermarket suppliers) it but it'll only take it up to M5 spec.
    So if im gunna void it wanna make it worth it, i.e. turbo.
    Thoughts?

- M a t t -
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    The 10/94 Forum

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast