Cobb Stage 2 WRX Wagon v. 05 STI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb Stage 2 WRX Wagon v. 05 STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, today we had a track day at Willow Springs race track just north of LA. My friend had a ...

Cobb Stage 2 WRX Wagon v. 05 STI

Well, today we had a track day at Willow Springs race track just north of LA. My friend had a completely stock 05 STI and I was running in my Cobb Stage 2 Wagon with numerous suspension upgrades. I could keep up with him in the twisties, but as soon as we hit the long straight, I felt as if I was going backwards. If there is any God in this world, He will persuade Subaru to bring out an STI wagon!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    Well, today we had a track day at Willow Springs race track just north of LA. My friend had a completely stock 05 STI and I was running in my Cobb Stage 2 Wagon with numerous suspension upgrades. I could keep up with him in the twisties, but as soon as we hit the long straight, I felt as if I was going backwards. If there is any God in this world, He will persuade Subaru to bring out an STI wagon!!!
    Wow, stage 2 just doesn't cut it huh? Those pesky STI"s are too nice for there own good. Maybe I'll afford one someday
    TopSpeed S/S header, UP, DP, 3" back, no cats. Samco I/C hoses, XTurbo BOV, EBC @ 16.25 PSI. NGK Iridiuim plugs. AutoMeter pro-comp guages.

dont be upset, you still have to consider that the STi is running larger displacement AND a VF series IHI turbo. There simply isnt enough air being fed through the stock snail.

while the STi wagon isnt likely gonna happen, you could definetly get a VF34, pinks and download the 2.5 map. Then your wagon will not lose much if any ground
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44
    while the STi wagon isnt likely gonna happen, you could definetly get a VF34, pinks and download the 2.5 map. Then your wagon will not lose much if any ground
    True, but I really like running in STX class for AX.

Here's a picture of me coming onto the straight with the aforementioned STI about to zip by me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MaxH2-vi.jpg  

Here's a picture of me coming onto the straight with the aforementioned STI about to zip by me!
    Man!!

That's the best lookin wagon I have ever seen!!

Props!

Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunTC88
    Man!!

That's the best lookin wagon I have ever seen!!

Props!

Shotgun
    Thanks

so i don't understand if you run a vf34 and sti pinks on a stock intercooler, won't that intercooler heat soak. also that's just even more pressure on that tranni right?

Quote Originally Posted by Blizwinter
    so i don't understand if you run a vf34 and sti pinks on a stock intercooler, won't that intercooler heat soak. also that's just even more pressure on that tranni right?
    Many people run vf34/pinks on a stock intercooler with a Cobb Stage 2.5. Obviously, a bigger TMIC or FMIC would yield more power and less heatsoak, but Cobb has not realeased their Stage 3 yet, so a lot of people are waiting for that.

Any increase in power from stock levels will put more pressure on the transmission. Many people have broken their tranny when stock, so it depends on how you drive it. You can use the stock tranny under 300whp if you are careful.

i agree... your wagon is nice... i wish mine would be like that but i want the STI so i am saving up
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Max = stiown3d
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Thats a pretty sexy rex..

Is it just me or are there a army of Cobb stg II out there these days? Seems like Cobb has overtaken UTEC in popularity.....
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Quote Originally Posted by AjIsDope
    Max = stiown3d

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    Thats a pretty sexy rex..

Is it just me or are there a army of Cobb stg II out there these days? Seems like Cobb has overtaken UTEC in popularity.....
    hale COBB
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Alas... the exact thing I'm teetering on... STi in A-Stock... or mod the WRX for STX.

And I agree with the others... that's a very bad ass wagon.
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI

STi wagon = super sleeper
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.