My 1st kill????

This is a discussion on My 1st kill???? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, Well, after reading the thread about the alternate break-in method, I got the itch to unleash the beast ...

Red face My 1st kill????

Hey all,

Well, after reading the thread about the alternate break-in method, I got the itch to unleash the beast tonight. So, I'm out running a few errands and stuff - several runs up the tach, proper warm up, cool down, and stuff. I'm headed to my next destination in the left lane in tight traffic/lights and I hear something (DON'T see him yet). I turn my head to the BBRRAAWWWWAAAAPP and catch a glance at bluish projection fogs, some tack on "aerowork", super dark tint, and a "nice" move to the far right lane at the next light. A$$.

The road splits up ahead - local to the right, hwy to the left. I'm going left and he is also. I jump on his tail and it's a white prelude recent model. I spy an AEM sticker (CAI?) mid bumper and think, hmmmm, what should I do? I don't have much experience with ricers, so I play conservatively - giving him room, but occassionally running up on him to let him know I'm still there. He's weaving, but everyone moves over after he goes by b/c they see me coming (I hope they didn't think that noise was me!) but he actually slows down for a well know speed trap. MAYBE, he's not that DUMB? We actually get one lane free and run up to 90+ - I actually have to lift once or twice so I don't smash into him.

The hwy goes back to occasional lights and we finally get to line up at a red light. Clear roads ahead!! It was going to be my 1st time "running it up" ALL the WAY to 7k. I rev a little, slip the clutch and take off - still determined to see what all the "fuss" is about [A BLAST!!! btw ], but he doesn't even go!!! I shut it down around 70, ticked off. What's up with that? Intimidated? Embarrassed? Sparing me?

The next light turns yellow and I brake hard to see if he's still there. He rolls up at the still red light and yells over "HEY!" I roll down the window (gotta love express down - my SE-R had cranks!) and he says something like "sucks, you know that's a station wagon ! Like he's mr. superior in his 2dr cpe. I go, "yeah, KICKS A$$ doesn't it!?!?!" the light changes, so no response heard.

I chill out and stay in the right lane, he's taking the wingman position and never comes door to (front) door. He runs up a little, but I can hear him coming and I shut the door on him. Finally, a left turner impedes his progress and he finally disappears.

So, I'm sorry this is so long, but it's my 1st story = 1st kill???

Take care all,
    Roamin'

Related post:
    A question about ricers
    Last edited by Roamin'Coyote; 08-29-2002 at 11:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That guy has *cough*no balls*cough*

Nice ricer burn
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    LOL yeah a station wagon that would 0wn him any day, any time...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Other than the fenders the only way to tell the difference between the sedan and the wagon is FROM BEHIND!
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

I Support ClubWRX
    You just kicked his butt so bad that it only looked like he didn't run with ya. Really he was giving it all it had!
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

My first kill was a squirrel. It wasn't going that fast...but man did he have moves!! Too bad my tires left tread marks on his back.

Nice move Roaming! He just doesn't know that some cars are better in a wagen.

-LostLamb
    Uh guys? After I read this post I went out to take a look at my WRX. There seems to be some bird poop on the drivers side A-pillar and almost all of the windshield washer fluid is gone. Should I trade it in for a Ford ZX2 or just light in on fire?

God I miss my rex. -Koyokid

Rest in peace Koyokid.

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually, thinking about it, that's probably not a joke. The fastest Prelude of any model year has actually been quite slow compared to other Hondas. E.G. The Prelude - what was it, Type SH or something? - is slower than a Civic Si, Accord V6, just about anything in the Integra range and probably the luxury Acuras as well. IIRC the Type SH or whatever is like an 8sec 0-60 car and the previous generation's best (the pretty and popular 'ludes) was a 9sec 0-60. So if you were looking for a door-handle to door-handle race, that car ain't gonna give it to you without forced induction.

Sorry to rain on your first kill, but you haven't changed your mindset yet. I don't know what you came from, but when you're in a WRX, Civics and Preludes just aren't fast cars anymore. They're the peppy little econoboxes that the regular (non-import performance) public sees them as. I don't even bother trying to race them. If they try to race me, I've got plenty in reserve to show 'em who's boss even if they get a big jump from the light. Doesn't happen very often though - around here the ricers know what a Rex is and apparently don't want to mess with it. They might as well try to race a 911.

You gotta start thinking "big-game". Porsche Boxsters and Audi TTs are two of my favorites for humiliation at the stop-light drags. Show your Wagon heiny to them and imagine how they must feel after pluncking down all that cash on those rides.
    Last edited by GV27; 09-03-2002 at 11:51 AM.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

yeah GV, that's a very valid point. I had a 91 sentra se-r (car and driver 7.6 ->60) I never timed it or anything, but it seemed decently quick. I believe that C&D had the lude SH timed at 6.9 (interestingly the 40,000 mile time was 7.2).

Yeah, that makes a stock WRX a second quicker or more, but like I said he might have had some mods. I guess the fact that he didn't race meant it was all just to be "pretty". I don't know about him, but i think i'd rather BE fast than "look" fast. so, i guess i'll need to put in at least an MBC......just to be sure.

Thanks all. take care.

Roamin'

Originally posted by GV27
    [You gotta start thinking "big-game". Porsche Boxsters and Audi TTs are two of my favorites for humiliation at the stop-light drags. Show your Wagon heiny to them and imagine how they must feel after pluncking down all that cash on those rides. [/B]
    Boxsters are weak sauce. Boxster S (look for twin pipe) is more like it, but just an exhaust will take care of those. Audi TT, unless he's changed his turbo is still not all that fast. Think S4...and we'll still beat em. The newer 911s (280-300hp) are not as fast as people think, the majority of owners don't know how to drive em. I used to hang with those in my old M Roadster, I've recently beat an M Roadster, before my exhaust. Just today I easily pulled a new (no plates yet) (going over 110 consitutes trying to me...) S2000 from 60 on, giving him the momentum...twice. Before the exhaust I was about even with them at 15psi. The only honduhs that are going to want to play are the turbo charged ones or hybrids, it's anyone's game at that point.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

gv27 where the hell do u get your info? preludes timed at 8 sec? previous gen. preludes ~96 at 9 seconds? i think not buddy. the older ones are known to be faster than the last models. and preludes being slower than a si or accord v6?....haha. YEAHHHHhhhh. maybe where u live, all preludes have civic ex engine swaps. preludes are nice car, and believe me...far from slow

i would have to agree w/ mista on this one