sti vs awd eagle talon
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on sti vs awd eagle talon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im getting a 04 sti in a week or so and my friend is about to get the awd turbo ...

sti vs awd eagle talon

Im getting a 04 sti in a week or so and my friend is about to get the awd turbo talon i was wondering if his car is going to have more potential? Is he going to be tough competition always? I just want to make sure i keep ahead hes always had the faster car and now i want to be sure he cant touch me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

stock vs stock, you will own him, but dsm's have alot of potential. He will probably pay 3k for his car, put about 1500 into it and he will own you. All he would need is a 16g and the supporting mods. He will always break down though so you win in the end
    VF-39 Powered
    298.71HP/282.36TQ on 93Oct
    319.32HP/308.27TQ on 110Oct

thanx makes me feel alot better he is getting the car for 2500 but it is a automatic so im not to worried until he gets the tranny swap...do you have any idea how much that will cost him?? if its alot im good there too because his budget isnt very big

well if he doesnt concentrate on the tranny swap he could just invest in making the car a 1/4 mile beast those things can get into the 11's easy with a bigger turbo and supporting mods...but the engine does break down a lot
    Mods: ERZ Up/Down pipe, bosal dual tip cat-back, cobb AP stage II

Quote Originally Posted by bluwrx02
    Im getting a 04 sti in a week or so and my friend is about to get the awd turbo talon i was wondering if his car is going to have more potential? Is he going to be tough competition always? I just want to make sure i keep ahead hes always had the faster car and now i want to be sure he cant touch me
    like others have said, stock for stock you will completely destroy him.... even with basic bolt on's he doesnt stand a chance. The problem lies in the upgraded turbo. Yes, his car does have more potential then yours and he can become fast very easily. If he has a couple grand lying around he can run a 16g with supporting mods, and walk on you. Also, does he plan to swap out to a manual tranny? if he wants this thing to be a 1/4 mile beast he should leave it. Just throw in a TC and build the engine up a bit and he will pull of some really sick 60ft times and be running 11's not problem
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

with Modes he will beat you, but his car will not be reliable. A friend of mine kept breaking his tranny with a 16g/18G(not sure), but he stopped moding his car, because it kept on breaking. He has about 300 at the crank. Not sure at the wheel.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

yes he was planning on switching to a manual tranny but ill let him know to leave it be.......is it better to keep auto over manual???? how about with a wrx better auto or manual?

is a TC as good as a manual??

ROFL! - They're not reliable!! Riiiiight.

The DSM tranny is strong enough to hold almost 3 times the stock power. That's weak?

Why would the engine keep breaking? The 4g63 will make 450+ whp on stock internals.

Anybody can abuse a car enough to break it. Calling it weak or fragile is silly, especially considering that most people degrading the car weren't old enough to drive them 12+ years ago when they came out.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

i knew the tranny was reliable i seen one that ran a 9.1 with the stock tranny

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Anybody can abuse a car enough to break it. Calling it weak or fragile is silly, especially considering that most people degrading the car weren't old enough to drive them 12+ years ago when they came out.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

mitsubishi is just about as unreliable as volkswagen........

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    ROFL! - They're not reliable!! Riiiiight.

The DSM tranny is strong enough to hold almost 3 times the stock power. That's weak?

Why would the engine keep breaking? The 4g63 will make 450+ whp on stock internals.

I think most people are aware of the capabilities of the stock internals and stock tranny, but other things tend to go wrong pretty often "little" things pop up on those cars really easy.. but like you noted, they are upwards of 10+ years old.

Quote Originally Posted by bluwrx02
    is a TC as good as a manual??
    It all depends what the car will be used for. If you intend to just have it be a daily driver and just have a quick 13sec car for fun then a manual tranny is best. If you want something that is going to be in the 12's or 11's and mainly just for straight-line speed then the auto is the way to go. Auto is more consistant and can generally hold power better when you get in the high hp numbers.. not to mention it tends to be more efficient in launching. high stall tq converter is the way to go on an automatic usually. This will make the tranny more resistant to high power and allow you to launch at a higher rpm and launch more agressively... hence you get better 60ft's

5speed = average modded and fun daily driver
    auto = consistant drag racing and better for a faster car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Don't sweat it!

From the word go you have a lead on him. If you are really concerned about this, get yourself the basic bolt ons for an STI and slap on an 18G or a 20G (beat mitsubishi with mitsubishi) and relax. Big 16s or 18g are awesome for the 2.0 while worked a 18g or a 20g for the STI will zip you into the low 12 high 11s.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

i wouldnt sweat any $2500 dollar car..it might fall apart before race ends

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.