sti vs awd eagle talon - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on sti vs awd eagle talon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yea you would smoke him stock to stock. the automatic DSMs have smaller turbos. instead of the powerful 14b the ...

yea you would smoke him stock to stock. the automatic DSMs have smaller turbos. instead of the powerful 14b the manuals have, the auto came with the underpowered turbo which must be upgraded. as for the 4g63 motor it is plenty reliable, what do some people expect when you have a DSM with well over 100,000 miles on the stock motor that you know for the most part has usually been raced out already. although there are plenty of people still out there with stock 4g63's over 100,000 miles that still run in the 12's! The 4g63 responds brilliant to mods. By experiencing my 1992 talon awd, when a 6 bolt is rebuilt and especially with the right parts i believe its superior than the EJ20 turbo rex motors. Although i love my WRX now i miss the my DSM !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

heh, nice thread revival

at least you know he was searching lol

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew303
    mitsubishi is just about as unreliable as volkswagen........
    Yes my car is falling apart already. What do you expect from cars pushing out 2-3 times their stock power. Things will break no matter what kind of car you have. My only breakage so far is the clutch. Done about 130+ track passes and still holding strong. It just keeps getting faster.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by Drew303
    mitsubishi is just about as unreliable as volkswagen........
    My dad's mid-70's Scirocco still runs frikin awesome. That's how I learned to drive a manual.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

I know this has already been stated. But I have a 94' Talon ES and it has about 100k miles on it. I got it with 60k. In the time that I've owned it 4 years. It has been in the shop 8 times I've had to put 3 new tranys(bell housing kept breaking) in it and a new fly wheel all on 130hp. My experience with this car is the reason I bought the STi over the EVO. I love the way DSMs look but not the way they last. Just my $.02.

STI is best
    Vibrant cat-back exhaust. Black silver rim ADR 18"/ kuhmo 225/40/18. kenwood deck, 2 12" kenwood excelons w/ 1100W kenwood amp. Cobb acessport------------coming soon

yea, I agree, he def. has the edge on you with the 4G, but you have reliability on ure side. My buddies laser can pull me from any speed but it needs to be maintained more carefully. As long as you have atleast a bolt on or two than there is no worries, unless he has deep enough pockets for a new turbo setup. Which aint much an all, but DSM guys seem to be broke alot. I know I usually end throwing a hundred or two down for a set of busted heads or something just to help em out. I guess thats how bad I like to get beat.

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by EJDown
    yea, I agree, he def. has the edge on you with the 4G, but you have reliability on ure side. My buddies laser can pull me from any speed but it needs to be maintained more carefully. As long as you have atleast a bolt on or two than there is no worries, unless he has deep enough pockets for a new turbo setup. Which aint much an all, but DSM guys seem to be broke alot. I know I usually end throwing a hundred or two down for a set of busted heads or something just to help em out. I guess thats how bad I like to get beat.
    Ill be down there at Firebird in Phoenix on Friday to show you how unrealiable my slow pile is. More power = more unrealiable. Even then I haven't had issues. As long as you aren't running 30psi all day every day the car will hold up just fine. Also it helps to know what the hell your doing when maintaining/repairing your stuff.
    11.1 @ 131

... bah .. they only break down when they arent cared for right. Make sure the timing belts relativly new, waterpump, etc... My buddys runs high 11s with 160,000 miles on the stock block.

Quote Originally Posted by WinglessSTi
    i wouldnt sweat any $2500 dollar car..it might fall apart before race ends

my progect car will run MUCH faster then a stock/near stock STI (in the straights ) for about 1500... including the cost of the car. Granted it looks like something that came out of my dogs ass....but its still gonna be a fast peice of ****. And probably be pretty reliable. mmm I love TURDbo Dodges.... heh..everything is sooo cheap lol

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    Ill be down there at Firebird in Phoenix on Friday to show you how unrealiable my slow pile is. More power = more unrealiable. Even then I haven't had issues. As long as you aren't running 30psi all day every day the car will hold up just fine. Also it helps to know what the hell your doing when maintaining/repairing your stuff.
    Although I do agree, I dont think its always necessarily a question of power. Im sure half the people on this forum has cousin with one that breaks down every wednesday at 6, or they atleast know somebody. I notice its usually a pump, sensor, bad pipe etc..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12