Killed a Thunderbird V8
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Killed a Thunderbird V8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; He started it afterall! I was going to my office, 55 mph zone and we lined up at a stop ...

Thumbs up Killed a Thunderbird V8

He started it afterall! I was going to my office, 55 mph zone and we lined up at a stop light. Looked like early 90s car, nicely mainteined. I slipped the clutch at 2500 rpm, pretty nomal start, he was 1/4th car behind, then I shifted to 2nd at red line and floored it, and shifted to 3rd at redline again and then looked at my rearview mirror .... he was probably 4 car distance behind me!! I started slowing down at 85..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    nice kill. sound like a V8 Thunderbird is pretty quick though.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Dude you gotta be kidding me? A 90's T-bird? LOL.. you should be ashamed of yourself My aunt had one of those things, I think I oculd outrun it in my dad Expedition haha, they're cows!!

Actually I did race 1 a while back in my Civic (b4 turbo) and it was door to door through 3rd so, they're low 16 second cars at best.
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

Cool

FYI mid 90s thunderbirds are pretty quick considering their size & wt. I believe they are 7.4 sec (0-60 mph)...

I was toying with it anyway...

I have a 96 V8. 90-93 had 5.0's in them, so be careful because al the cheap parts for 5.0 stangs bolt right up, including blowers etc. There is a guy i know with an 11 sec 92 5.0 bird. They had the AOD which was a very strong auto. 94-95's had a pretty lousy rendition of the 4.6 and only 3.08s in the rear, so they are dogs. 96-97's have the slightly better 4.6 found in the 96-98 stang (215hp/290tq) they also have 3.27s and better gearing, they usually run 0-60 in mid-high 7's and mid 15s in the quarter. Not terribly fast but good for a 4000 lb car. They handle amazing though for a big car. .87 skidpad and somewhere in the mid 60s through the slalom, also they can stop from 60 in 124ft. The SC's are a whole different story. 89-93's had 210hp 325 tq, and ran mid 7's to 60 in 5 spd form. 94-95 SC's had more boost so they were 230hp 350tq and ran in the mid 6's to 60 and mid 14's through the 1/4 again in 5spd flavor. These cars are a lot easier to mod and can get into the 13's with just some more boost (sound familiar?) They however suffer from head gasket failure, so dont be supprised if you line against one and halfway down the road he starts spewing white steam like a locomotive. The SC's were one of the best sleapers ever stock, and were actually faster then the stangs. The V8 ones can be made very fast though, so try to get a look at what he's running before you assume anything, its real easy and cheap to cram a blown 2002 stang motor under there, in which case he is running 350-400 or so HP.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.