fun night atthe 1/8 mile track

This is a discussion on fun night atthe 1/8 mile track within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went to the 1/8 mile track. It was soooo funny. All these stangs, vettes, pick ups etc. MANY modded. Crazy ...

fun night atthe 1/8 mile track

Went to the 1/8 mile track. It was soooo funny. All these stangs, vettes, pick ups etc. MANY modded. Crazy smoke shows etc. Anyways, I'ld never been to a track before and l lined up next to a mid '70's pick up with strret slicks. He had a built 454. Staging guy gave the sign to me for a burn out, I just shook my head and he shrugged. The other guy goes through the water and hammers it!! I thought a frickin plane was going by. Smoke billows over the crowd. The PA guy was announcing the cars "lane 1, 1974 chevy pick up with big block, in lane two....(big pause)....A SUBARU!?!? I was cracking up. Anyways, the lights hit and I clicked off a lightneing fast 1.2 reaction time (LOL). Needless to say the guy with the .745 reaction was WAYYY down the strip before I got my head out of my ass and launched. He beat me due to his reaction time, but my time down the track was actually faster. He freaked out! Came over to talk to me and I could not convince him I was not running giggle gas!! Ended up winning against him later when I honed my reation down to a .78? Best 1/8 et was an 8.4. Beat everything in sight including turbo'd hondas, a 450 HP stang (with slicks) etc. That AWD rules. People could'nt believe the little rex.

This car is wayyyy to much fun
    Don't flame. Be nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what mods you have?

02 wrx
    SPO stage .5 at 16.5 psi boost
    PDE UP PIPE
    GODSPEED DOWNPIPE
    EGT, BOOST A/F gauges
    custom interior
    BRIDGESTONE s03's
    DBA Brakes
    K&N
    94 octane with NOS Octane Boost (really works too)
    I figure I am at around 260 -280 crank HP as this is basically a stage II without the chip.

It is really the allw heel drive launch that does it. I am sure several of these high HP cars would have reeled me in if it was 1/4 mile
    Don't flame. Be nice

Re: fun night atthe 1/8 mile track

Sweet Our cars do pretty well in the full 1/4, but they rock hard in the 1/8th

With an 8.4, I'd say you wiped the floor with LS1 F-bodies and Vettes (on street tires) huh? Bet that was fun

VV

Originally posted by bingo
    Went to the 1/8 mile track. It was soooo funny. All these stangs, vettes, pick ups etc. MANY modded. Crazy smoke shows etc. Anyways, I'ld never been to a track before and l lined up next to a mid '70's pick up with strret slicks. He had a built 454. Staging guy gave the sign to me for a burn out, I just shook my head and he shrugged. The other guy goes through the water and hammers it!! I thought a frickin plane was going by. Smoke billows over the crowd. The PA guy was announcing the cars "lane 1, 1974 chevy pick up with big block, in lane two....(big pause)....A SUBARU!?!? I was cracking up. Anyways, the lights hit and I clicked off a lightneing fast 1.2 reaction time (LOL). Needless to say the guy with the .745 reaction was WAYYY down the strip before I got my head out of my ass and launched. He beat me due to his reaction time, but my time down the track was actually faster. He freaked out! Came over to talk to me and I could not convince him I was not running giggle gas!! Ended up winning against him later when I honed my reation down to a .78? Best 1/8 et was an 8.4. Beat everything in sight including turbo'd hondas, a 450 HP stang (with slicks) etc. That AWD rules. People could'nt believe the little rex.

This car is wayyyy to much fun

Re: fun night atthe 1/8 mile track

Originally posted by bingo
    The PA guy was announcing the cars "lane 1, 1974 chevy pick up with big block, in lane two....(big pause)....A SUBARU!?!?"
    Great story. We own the 1/8th. When I first started out, the PA guy didn't even bother announcing my car. But after I handed a few LS1's, Vettes, GTs, and just about anything that moved their *ss, he started introducing me this way: "and in the left lane we have the Intergalactic Subaru .

Then there was a time I was testing and tuning at an 1/8th track near Dallas that happened to be having their "high school" night. So one chick in her LS1 promised a date to anyone who beat her (the announcer said this over the PA). I beat her twice but am a little too old to be dating high school chicks.

8.4 should get you low 13s easy. Nice job.

Padre
    2002 WRX Automatic - Cobb RT-Spec with TMIC, Vishnu uppipe and fuel-rails, STi Injectors and Supra Fuel pump, Pro Torque Street/Strip Torque Converter (4100rpm stall), super-secret TC-lock-up mod, and 17" SSR Comps w/ S-03's.

13.25 @ 102 w/ 1.804 60'

Thanks Padre,

I went again last night (they hold the races every Friday night) and took care of business again...kinda. First race of the night I was up against a newer Stang GT convertible. Younger kid with the oh so cute girlfriend that an old man like me should not be looking at. I was chuckling as I knew how badly I would beat him. We staged and there was a delay of a couple of minutes due to timing light glitch. I slipped it out of gear for the wait. When we were ready to go I slapped it back in gear and dropped the hammer....IN THIRD GEAR!! Needless to say I did not get to far. To top it off I was so anxious to get it into first I was grinding more than Juan Valdez!! Thank god I am old enough not to care when people are laughing at me....ya right.

I ended up stomping him the next round big time (8.5 to his dismal 9.9).

Also took a built 97 cobra, 87 Grand NAtional GNX (the real deal) and a couple of other cars not worth mentioning. He actually had street slicks and clicked off a great 8.7. Ended up red lighting out in a later race against an modded civic with slicks. My time still killed his 9.2 but never the less I was history!
    Don't flame. Be nice