WRX vs New Mustang GT/Convertable

This is a discussion on WRX vs New Mustang GT/Convertable within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was alone in my WRX, The mustang was bright yellow, new 02 maybe 03, and had one passanger. Any ...

WRX vs New Mustang GT/Convertable

I was alone in my WRX, The mustang was bright yellow, new 02 maybe 03, and had one passanger.

Any ways I looked over and they asked if I wanted to race.
    As the light turned green I nodded we rolled to start then took off. He lerched ahed a bit, then I just left him and he gave up at like 50 mph.

Anyways it was pretty fun, funny thing is I saw these guys at midnight on my way out, then this happend on my way home at like 5am on the same street going the other way.

I think I stomped him so bad cause of the heavy convertable and passanger. But then again if we had kept going to 90? Nahh he still would have caugh up.

Mods: Intake resonater gone, air coming in from fender well.
    Two Point ground, Bleed MBC 15psi-16psi (hose pull)

ps. Do you guys think I'd run high 13's? (if i can drive )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd say maybe high 13s if you can drive, and have dragged before. I am sure I can get there, but I've only been to the strip twice. I am sure I'll get 13.xx next time though with cooler weather and better driving.

ChickenCow, What were conditions when you ran 14?

New Mustangs are just flat-out slow.

I've got a friend (granted, I don't think she can drive it very well ), but her best run was a 14.7. I'm sure she can do better, but after driving both, I don't think they're much competition for a WRX.

-JMHO
    Justin K.
    2000 GMC Sonoma - 4.3 ExCab - CarDomain Page

One day WRX owner

str
    how many car lengths did you pull? when I saw a few new GT's run at the track they were pulling low 15's at best. It was very hot and humid though. I ran low 14's all day long.
    2004 Black Forester XT

any 98+ Mustang stock vs. stock is essentially a drivers race IMO. The main problem with the mustang is that it can't hook up. From a roll it will rape us. So if you see one with some good tires on back, i'd think twice.
    autobahn storming scooby

Originally posted by Kdcass
    ChickenCow, What were conditions when you ran 14?
    It was in the 80's, and humid. I didn't have my samco IC hoses on then either, just the MBC and the uppipe. I KNOW i can improve my time with just those two mods, now with the samcos it should be easy. Samcos saved jim 0.2s on his 1/4mi.

I'm planning on going back to the strip later in Sept closer to the next rallyx, when I change my tires for drag I can leave them for rallyx.

ChickenCow: Yeah conditions make a huge difference, I think the differece is MUCH more prominant (sp?) with MBC. Boost pressure vaires 1-3 psi from a warm to just cool night.

Str: Not sure how many I pulled, I was lookin forward, but I could hear is V8 roar (i love that sound) and he wasnt in my mirrors till he shut down. It was from a roll. I think I pulled so hard cause it was a cool moring, and he was a convertable with passanger.

Some times I make 14 psi in 1st and 2nd somtimes 16psi, I can feel the diffence dont even need to look at boost gague. This time im sure I was makin 16.

-CassMan

str
    I took a few cars on one from a roll before up till almost 100mph. I think it was an automatic though.
    2004 Black Forester XT