Someone respond fast....VW GTI vs. WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Someone respond fast....VW GTI vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by SGOSWRX If I were you I would have Turboxs send you their high performance boost controller over ...

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    If I were you I would have Turboxs send you their high performance boost controller over night mail. Hook it up run about 16.5 psi boost and you will be looking much better. This mod alone can shave a 1/2 second off your times. Thats huge.

Secondly go from a dead stop with a 5k launch.
    Even a reasonably priced MBC will do the trick, though.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    joe p mbc was $50 and I shaved off at least a half second in the 1/4 mile.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Thats the thing, I'd totally buy a boost controller but me and my Dad had an agreement on purchasing the car. I wouldnt do anything that would potentially void any part of the warranty except for the exhaust until I've hit the 36,000 mile mark. I'm only at about 6,000 Miles right now. Believe me, when that day has come I'll have a ton of pre-bought sh'it to drop in the engine.
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

Originally posted by The HomeliteXL
    Thats the thing, I'd totally buy a boost controller but me and my Dad had an agreement on purchasing the car. I wouldnt do anything that would potentially void any part of the warranty except for the exhaust until I've hit the 36,000 mile mark. I'm only at about 6,000 Miles right now. Believe me, when that day has come I'll have a ton of pre-bought sh'it to drop in the engine.
    Joe P is installed or removed in <5 minutes, just carry your stock BC hoses and pliers with you. I've been running mine since 11k miles @16-16.5psi and I've had no trouble.

-Jim

I got spanked by one like 3 times in a row when I had Turboxs stage 1 + MBC + Godspeed uppipe

I would kill him on the launch and then he would just reel me in

I tell myself he must've had APR stage III

I think you are in for a nasty surprise.

win or loose, it doesnt matter. just post how the Race went with details and try to find out what he's runnin...theres always somone better than you...but hurry up and race him i wanna know what happens...and race him to 70-80 as somone eles reccamended..dont settle to run from a roll..AWD POWER..how is is the guy your racing and can he drive?
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

Yo

I agree ... a street race is LIGHT 2 LIGHT. The FREE mod is basically bypassing the FBC ... route the hose directly from the intake track to the turbo wastegate. Close the FBC hose and route it to itself. Technically you could remove the FBC and nothing would happen because the intake is route directly to the turbo wastegate. The BIG issue people have is that it's dangerous/not safe since there is NOTHING controlling the wastegate but the natural air flow. I have NOT seen one problem yet when I or others whom I know have done the mod. We use to do the quick 5 minute mod before entering "rice" territory.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

You have a link to some instructions or can you take some pictures which can point out what needs to happen to which hoses? I'd like to try this...
    autobahn storming scooby

ya this mod seems interesting to try just to see what a difference the boost could make ....if at all pics &/or instructions !!!!1
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

Try this!

Just try this mod
    http://forums.i-club.com/forums/show...hreadid=219946

I have been running with the "pulled hose" for about 2 months. PTFB seems very easy to control. I just watch the boost gauge alot more now. So far so good. Just got my boost monkey in, but I like this so much I'm not sure I'm going to install it. It's so easy to put back to stock too. You should at least try it.

good luck

whats the worst that could happen for a race or 2 ??????
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

sorry but i didn't completely understand the thread on i-club. first off chuglobal i was wondering since you did this in the past if the boost gauge is really necessary? Anyone else that can explain this in an easier manner like, pull the hose coming from the right side of the so and so and stick a screw in then pull these hoses off of this and do that.... this is just about the only confusting part of the car to me, which hose leads to what and does what? i don't mean i.e. the radiator hose, but all the hoses that run boost i guess.... what might be of some help this might take some time but for someone to take pictures of under the hood and label the crucial hoses and parts for newbie's... again not saying that you should have to identify the intercooler or the intake manifold, but having a clear idea of which line is which would help... but i'm rambling so i'll shut it now....
    autobahn storming scooby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.