lost to a DAKOTA?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on lost to a DAKOTA? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i gave this guy like.....a second head start cuz i didnt realize he wanted to race (btw it was a ...

Red face lost to a DAKOTA?

i gave this guy like.....a second head start cuz i didnt realize he wanted to race (btw it was a Dakota 5.9L v8 R/T) and when i started accelerating....we were stuck at the same distance....about 3 car lenghts.......it was kind of embarrassing cuz my friend was behind me.....i guess next time i should use the reason for awd....launching = )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A one second difference in reaction times on a street race is very very difficult to make up. Giving a head-start to any car will pretty much guarantee a loss, especially if your talking short distances (stoplight to stoplight).

jb

ok thanx lol....that comforts me more lol

I raced a 5.9 Dakota on the street. He spun, I launched normally, but on time, I shifted into 2nd at like 5k and still kicked his butt.

Are you bone stock?

-Jim

yeah...im stock...i just have eyelids and tint =P

Re: lost to a DAKOTA?

Originally posted by oooggss
    i gave this guy like.....a second head start cuz i didnt realize he wanted to race (btw it was a Dakota 5.9L v8 R/T) and when i started accelerating....we were stuck at the same distance....about 3 car lenghts.......it was kind of embarrassing cuz my friend was behind me.....i guess next time i should use the reason for awd....launching = )
    Man, I could beat you if you gave me a full second head start!

Don't do that anymore - you should just whoop people so they know better
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

lol yeah but....i didnt know this guy wanted to race...u never see big ass trucks peeling out next to u =P.....so by the time he got his second head start...i decided to go too. i dont wanna be like some idiot racing someone at every street light.

Originally posted by oooggss
    lol yeah but....i didnt know this guy wanted to race...u never see big ass trucks peeling out next to u =P.....so by the time he got his second head start...i decided to go too. i dont wanna be like some idiot racing someone at every street light.
    it was an R/T ya gotta look over there and see the expression the guy gives ya...if some jackass just takes off then it's really not a race but if u make eye contact and he looks at the light or somthing then it's on

aight...i'll remember that next time....tomorrow im gonna go hunt for this guy on the way to school =P

it's like me pulling up to a viper and boom i'm off and the viper guy catches up but not in time for the next light and i "win"

My old RT ('00):

Both it and my WRX were/are stock so I can make a pretty good comparison between the two.

If you let him get rolling and then hit it, you would probably lose up to 40-50mph. By lose I mean not gain on him, maybe even fall a little. After that you would own him, even stock. Those trucks are a major PITA to launch (no weight over the rear wheels with > 300 ft/lbs at or before 2k rpm), so you gave up your biggest advantage. They run hard from 5-50mph or so, but quickly run out of breath. My WRX runs pretty strong up to 90 or so, so from 50-90 you should own him. A set of slicks and they run mid 14s @ mid 90s (not bad for a > 2 ton brick ), so with traction I would say it could go either way with a stock WRX on the street.

VV

I had an R/T also and you pretty much couldn't launch at anything above idle, unless you had slicks. I ran 14.6 in my with bolt ons, but if you give any car a 1 sec head start you will probably lose.

we were stuck at the same distance....about 3 car lenghts.......it was kind of embarrassing cuz my friend was behind me....
    Ow3ned, ***

I had a 5.9 R/T too and they are really not that fast. I had a CAI and other bolt ons that still you not make it hang with a WRX. The only mod that would bring it into WRX territory is No2 or a blower. YOu lost because of the reaction time.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.