encounter with 95ish v8 trans am
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on encounter with 95ish v8 trans am within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I saw a 95ish black trans am pass me hard as I was pulling onto a major street here in ...

Arrow encounter with 95ish v8 trans am

I saw a 95ish black trans am pass me hard as I was pulling onto a major street here in fairfax. I quickly thought to myself since I haven't had a real encounter yet that this could be an opportunity to exploit one . Anyhow it didn't seem like he wanted anything when I drove by him on the street after catching up. But to my luck we lined up at this stop light that was angled slightly downhill shortly after. I look over and hear the trans am's v8 growl deeply with a rev. The light turns green and I dump it at 4k, didn't catch it, feathered the clutch back and exploded out of the whole closer to 5k. I didn't even look over at him, I know I had the lead b.c I didn't see him on my left. I heard him somewhere out my window, maybe a car or two back and cut it off around 75 in 3rd when we started to catch up to cars. I think he was shocked and most likely pissed, I had my roommate in the car as well, so It was a heads up situation. So I look over and he wouldn't look, I wasn't sure if I was going to be on top or if he was to be honest. So shortly after I see him wait up for me around 30 and he threw a couple revs at me. So I waited and got even with him, and we both hit it. I pushed ahead over a car length, but I heard him close chasing. I shut it down again at 75 or so, and he was slowly catching me. It was a nice feeling, I know he was probably like wtf. I still don't think people know what my car is or if it's fast. Anyhow I have a joe P @ 15.5.

Jared

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool Re: encounter with 95ish v8 trans am

Originally posted by Jared703
    I still don't think people know what my car is or if it's fast.
    Sweet! It's fun to kill domestics

You're right with your above comment. Last time I was at the dragstrip I was noticing how most of the domestic guys don't pay my WRX any attention until I smoke 90% of 'em. Then they're all like "dude, what do you have in that thing"? I respond, "it's just a little 2.0L with a turbo"!
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

youre in fairfax? thats cool Im from Maryland, right outside DC...
    youre running an increased boost? the T/A was prolly stock, but those old LT1s are going to be fairly close to you, and once you mod your car youll be ahead of them!
    nice kill, but watch out for the newest v8 fbodies =)
    1993 - 3.4L V6 firebird w/ mods and
    many to come =)
    2001 - 3.2L Acura TL stock

All you local guys need to visit the Mid-Atlantic Regional forum. We are going to get a Cecil County Dragway and/or MIR meet together soon!

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.