Whoa... IS300's can FLY!! From www.is300.net forums

This is a discussion on Whoa... IS300's can FLY!! From www.is300.net forums within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; PFS IS300 Turbo runs 11.6 @ 126mph today. Goto page 1, 2, 3 Next IS300.NET Forum Index -> Go Fast ...

Exclamation Whoa... IS300's can FLY!! From www.is300.net forums

PFS IS300 Turbo runs 11.6 @ 126mph today.
    Goto page 1, 2, 3 Next

IS300.NET Forum Index -> Go Fast Stuff
    View previous topic :: View next topic
    Peter Farrell Supercars
    .NET Newbie

Posted: 19 Aug 2002 02:25 Post subject: PFS IS300 Turbo runs 11.6 @ 126mph today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have just returned from a very hot day at MIR (97deg) having debut our Turbo IS300 in drag racing. This is the same car featured in this month’s Car and Driver magazine.

I know you guys like to know the details so here are some:

The car put down 587 rwhp horsepower (675 flywheel) and 587 ft lbs of torque (STD) on my Dynojet 248 a couple of days ago (Also 98 degree heat). This was at 26 psi boost using race gas and actually still had a 3” cat during the dyno runs.
    The impressive part is this was achieved using a STOCK 2JZ engine with only a copper head gasket to drop compression to 8.5:1.

Modifications include our Stage 3 PFS turbo kit, 6 speed Getrag, Supra TT rear, DOT slicks.

Regards,
    Peter Farrell

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here's a scan of the timeslip...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails timeslip.jpg  

That thing almost doesn't qualify as an IS300 anymore!!!

cool.

The 2jz motor (turbo or NA variation) is considered by many as one of the most potent engines. The IS300 is actually lighter than the supra, so the potential is there. Besides Farrel, there are 2 other tuners that make a bolt on turbo kit. A guy I know is running mid 12's w/7psi w a TBKO kit (t/3/t4 w/ fmic).
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Soon, I'm betting IS-300's will be running 10's. I know IS300GTE on the is300.net has a 2JZ-GTE swap, which we all know is the Supra engine capable of 1000+ horses, on stock internals.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

This is the same car that ran 13.5 @ 112 mph in Car and Driver and burned out a cylinder. This was after spending 15k beefing up the internals. Car total valve at that point was suppose to be $62,800. I wonder how many more $$ have been spent running the current #s.
    Now the 20K that was spent on the engine/tranny for the WRX that ran 10s doesn't seem all that bad.

To make us all feel real bad a guy in a New 03 Mustang Cobra ran 11.83 @ 119mph with only $1300 in mods.
    That makes all the work they have done on that Lexus to acheive such #'s a wastes. The only thing that makes me feel better is the cost of a WRX, which is about 10k less than a new Cobra.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    To make us all feel real bad a guy in a New 03 Mustang Cobra ran 11.83 @ 119mph with only $1300 in mods.
    That makes all the work they have done on that Lexus to acheive such #'s a wastes. The only thing that makes me feel better is the cost of a WRX, which is about 10k less than a new Cobra.
    Let's face it, the '03 Mustang Cobra will be THE CAR TO BEAT for the next few years. Can you say "turbo upgrade"? Sad, but true.

-Jim

IS300 uses the same engine as the NA supra, huge potential there. I am surprised there aren't that many turbo conversion IS300 around.
    03 Cobra is almost impossible to beat at the mid 30 price range. Especially with Camaro SS out of the picture now.

Originally posted by jk147
    IS300 uses the same engine as the NA supra, huge potential there. I am surprised there aren't that many turbo conversion IS300 around.
    03 Cobra is almost impossible to beat at the mid 30 price range. Especially with Camaro SS out of the picture now.
    The NA supra and the Lexus both require big bucks internal engine mods to get any real boost. I have a friend that bought one of the aftermarket blowers for it - 3 psi setting with a 5 psi spike is all the stock engine can handle. His times are slower than my WRX (stage 0). He got an estimate to upgrade the engine and it was in excess of $10K for parts only (but this would let him run 1 bar on 91 octane, whp estimate at 350-400 with current blower). Estimate for labor was 100 hours! and he then needs an ECU to control the whole thing - I think he's going to buy a WRX.

Neighbors stock '03 Cobra ran 11.9x's when it was only a month old! That was about 2 months ago. I am seriously thinking about one of these monsters....but for that much, maybe I'd just go with a vette...sigh.

Angry

If you look at the money spent for the cobras and is300s its still no compairison. put 10 or 20k into a superu wrx and you have a car just as fast that is tuned to the driver and not a one carbuilt to fit all style. ive only had my car for a month and 1/2 but from what ive experienced and found out about the car. the $$$$$ prove it all.

3-5 psi is all the 2JZ-GE can handle? Excuse me? I'm pretty sure most of the entry level turbo's for IS300's are running anywhere from 7-10psi, on stock internals. I know TBKO's stage 1 turbo (www.tbko.com) runs with stock internals, and is pushing a safe 7psi, running around 320rwhp.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.