05 Mustang GT - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by John M Here's just a quick list of 239 2-liter 4 cylinders that are faster than you ...

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Here's just a quick list of 239 2-liter 4 cylinders that are faster than you in the 1/4.

http://www.dsmtimes.org/awd.htm
    Well of course man. You can turn a Pinto into a 10 second car with enough money but thats not the point. If I dropped $30K on mods into my car, I could run those times as well.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    Well of course man. You can turn a Pinto into a 10 second car with enough money but thats not the point. If I dropped $30K on mods into my car, I could run those times as well.

Huh.. you can make DSM's fast cheap. Of the 4 cly car's on the market there probably the cheapest and easiest to make fast. Probably not the most reliable considering there like 10 years old now but, that's not the point.

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    Huh.. you can make DSM's fast cheap. Of the 4 cly car's on the market there probably the cheapest and easiest to make fast. Probably not the most reliable considering there like 10 years old now but, that's not the point.
    Ya, actually I lied. If I run low 12s now, I could probably run 10s with only about $5K in mods.

Ya, actually I lied. If I run low 12s now, I could probably run 10s with only about $5K in mods.

http://www.beergoggles.org/mwir/cosmo1083high.wmv

stock block.

I hate you.

Lets just make a simple point as to why the V8 is better than a turbo 4... Bigger displacement, so It needs less OCTANE! Why do you see US STi's making 400+whp on 91 when WRX's barely touch 300whp? Its the extra displacement. So its much easier to tune a big V8 for more power due to less fuel limitations.

However, all the power in the world and no traction isnt gonna do much other than a smoke show. Thats where the WRX has an advantage. But if drag racing is your goal... The GT costs the same as a WRX and outguns it in every area... trails the STi in the 1/4 by less than half a sec. (and fact is, there arent many STi drivers who can put down a low 13 sec 1/4 mile time stock) Add the extra money saved of about $5000 and you can do plenty to spruce up the mustang. No one can argue the bang for the buck factor of this mustang.

I for one prefer the looks, the power, the sound, and the overall performance of the new mustang. Granted the WRX/ STi will have an advantage in traction, but i could care less. It'd be a daily driver in So Cal and a monthly track racer where I feel RWD is the only way to go... and hell, if i wanted to take it out into the dirt, who's gonna stop me! If I wanted to drift, I dont have to hack off half of subaru's AWD to do so.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    It is poinless to continue arguing over this crap. What got me started was people bashing a car that is clearly a great performer for the money. Like I said before, I never intentionally rag on a legitamate sports car for any reason. I may point out it's shortcomings, but I'm not gonna sit there and say, " That thing is a peice of sh!t... it's so fcuking ugly. I dont care if it does 0-60 in 5 seconds, or the 1/4 mile in 13... blah, blah, blah!" Because that is exactly what people said to me two years ago when I bought my WRX.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I dont have an Evo anymore, thats an old username. I have an 02 Roush 3 with mods that I have up to about 430hp/400tq but there is room for even more. I have run 12 seconds flat a few times but I usually run 12.1-12.2

I know how you feel. The mush-stang pulled a 6.80@109 at Irwindale and a 11.31 @ 126 at LACR. Its my daily driver/commuter and I just need to hit a few keys and up the psi. Although I can't run more than 9-10psi with the trash 91 octane. I have done 16psi with 100 octane in the tank only, but quickly ran out of injector (42lb/hr@8psi for T-63). I kinda wondering what the Forrester will do with a few mods.... OH well.

Hey I've driven the '05 GT and wasn't impressed with the power, its mostly upper RPM, but its a VERY nice car. Quiet, smooth, roomy, just a little bit heavy from factory. Nothing a stupa-charger can't fix!
    -bix

Have u seen Automobile magazine comparing this ugly bastard against the wrx. Man they got balls, saying the rex takes 18+ sec to get to 100, but somehow it runs a quarter mile 14.6 at 92mph. A conspiracy.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Have u seen Automobile magazine comparing this ugly bastard against the wrx. Man they got balls, saying the rex takes 18+ sec to get to 100, but somehow it runs a quarter mile 14.6 at 92mph. A conspiracy.
    I agree, this is an apples-to-oranges comparo. But I think what the magazine was getting at is that both cars are the same price, right around $26,000 loaded, and appeal to the same buyer, 20-30's male with performance in mind. Both cars deliver, just in totally different ways...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    I agree, this is an apples-to-oranges comparo. But I think what the magazine was getting at is that both cars are the same price, right around $26,000 loaded, and appeal to the same buyer, 20-30's male with performance in mind. Both cars deliver, just in totally different ways...

You said it!!! They didn't pick a winner (ha ha, pick a winner, like a booger), just mentioned how each manufacturer had a totally different approach to design. I thought it was a pretty good article. I don't like the Mustang, but I'm one of the few. People who do like it aren't automatically labled as morons or rednecks (not by me anyways.) I just so happen to drive a Subaru, but I have no loyalty to the brand. I know nothing about rally cars, AWD victories, and all that stuff. I just bought what appealed to me at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Terzic
    Why is it a conspiracy, its fact. It sounds like the first article that actually informs the consumer of what the WRX really is! A 4-door economy car with average power for the sport compact market, but with incredible traction. Much better IMO than the decieving ads that Subaru has comparing 0-60 times of the STi and saying that its faster than those cars... misleading people into thinking that the STi is in the same league as cars that would kill it in a freeway encounter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    Why is it a conspiracy, its fact. It sounds like the first article that actually informs the consumer of what the WRX really is! A 4-door economy car with average power for the sport compact market, but with incredible traction. Much better IMO than the decieving ads that Subaru has comparing 0-60 times of the STi and saying that its faster than those cars... misleading people into thinking that the STi is in the same league as cars that would kill it in a freeway encounter.
    Who is being mislead? It says plainly 0-60. Anyone who infers one thing from another deserves what they get.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

in the jan 05 issue of automobile magazine theres a who article of the wrx vs the 05 stang
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Who is being mislead? It says plainly 0-60. Anyone who infers one thing from another deserves what they get.
    Lots of people with more money than you and I probably have... with plenty of education, exept they dont know much about cars and think 0-60 is the end all of performance comparisons. You dont know how many STi owners used to own actual supercars and decided to buy one cuz its apparantly "faster". I know this cuz I've dealt with these people, they are the best customers for aftermarket parts cuz they are used to much more performance, generally arent the greatest drivers so need more power to go fast, and they have lots of money.

0-60 is/ was such a big pissing contest in the automotive industry that your car's overall performance will suffer to provide a better 0-60. Now it seems there is more emphasis on the 1/4 mile... with the new mustang doing it in 13.5 sec and falling on its ass after that.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.